Author Topic: Aces High news.  (Read 6456 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Aces High news.
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2011, 09:32:36 AM »
I KNEW there was a reason for the cheesy title music on startup.  :rolleyes:

To be honest, I thought the same thing!

Title music is for reeling in the new customers that might be coming from other genres, I suppose.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2011, 10:17:59 AM »
I for one would have paid $30 for a box edition of "Combat Tour"

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2011, 01:10:04 PM »
Now they need to hook up with DICE and make a ridiculously good ground based fps.  :D
  :x :x :x :x

DICE I LOVE YOU!
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2011, 01:13:41 PM »
I thought it looked kinda like a KV without the ridiculously large turret, by my knowledge of tanks is shaky at best.
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2011, 02:49:01 PM »
DICE I LOVE YOU!

DICE gameplay sucks. They don't know what they're doing. They totally screwed up BFBC2 several times because they only were dealing with the console stuff and porting directly to PC. The lead programmer assumed since he owned with a G3 that it was too overpowered and nerfed it (but you see, he "owned" with it in the console with auto aim and so forth) and the end result was it suffered in the PC export.

To top it off, every successive update they have issued has nerfed or boosted guns to the point that EVERY gun of a given class is nearly identical to EVERY OTHER gun of the same class. Somebody made a gun hitting power chart by reading the actual game code, and the individuality of the game was sucked out of it until it's now a mindless arcade shoot'emup with little variety and poor gameplay.

So I'll repeat: DICE gameplay SUCKS.

Sorry, that was a bit of a side-track, lol!

Now back to the Tiger news?  :bolt:

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2011, 02:56:08 PM »
DICE gameplay sucks. They don't know what they're doing. They totally screwed up BFBC2 several times because they only were dealing with the console stuff and porting directly to PC. The lead programmer assumed since he owned with a G3 that it was too overpowered and nerfed it (but you see, he "owned" with it in the console with auto aim and so forth) and the end result was it suffered in the PC export.

To top it off, every successive update they have issued has nerfed or boosted guns to the point that EVERY gun of a given class is nearly identical to EVERY OTHER gun of the same class. Somebody made a gun hitting power chart by reading the actual game code, and the individuality of the game was sucked out of it until it's now a mindless arcade shoot'emup with little variety and poor gameplay.

So I'll repeat: DICE gameplay SUCKS.

Sorry, that was a bit of a side-track, lol!

Now back to the Tiger news?  :bolt:

Thumbs down for your terrible assessment.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2011, 02:58:39 PM »
Kilo, that's not an assessment, it's a fact. They have systematically dumbed down the PC game so there is no variety to any of the weapons all the while focusing only on the xbox and ps3 ports for any balance, and not giving any real effort to the meat and potatoes: The PC gamers.

You can find many references all over the forums of several gaming communities.

DICE also has had their hand in a few other games with clunky game mechanics, mostly FPS that I have played, and the overall "look" is nice but the play (how you move, the speeds, the fluidity) is never very good.

P.S. That's why the G3 had no red dot or any add-ons until just recently. The lead programmer claimed he was owning with it on the console versions and refused to give it any because he feared it was overpowered enough. He didn't care about the PC version or the PC users at all. What a tool. All this you can independently verify.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 03:00:18 PM by Krusty »

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2011, 03:05:24 PM »
Kilo, that's not an assessment, it's a fact. They have systematically dumbed down the PC game so there is no variety to any of the weapons all the while focusing only on the xbox and ps3 ports for any balance, and not giving any real effort to the meat and potatoes: The PC gamers.

DICE also has had their hand in a few other games with clunky game mechanics, mostly FPS that I have played, and the overall "look" is nice but the play (how you move, the speeds, the fluidity) is never very good.

P.S. That's why the G3 had no red dot or any add-ons until just recently. The lead programmer claimed he was owning with it on the console versions and refused to give it any because he feared it was overpowered enough. He didn't care about the PC version or the PC users at all. What a tool. All this you can independently verify.

I just think you are completely wrong. I don't know where to start really.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2011, 03:16:39 PM »
I don't think you know this, but just recently the G3 and M14 got optic sights not to long ago also on Xbox.

Strokes

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2011, 03:16:49 PM »
im sorry, but WHAT?
Krusty, you do realize the BC2 series was merely a test series for the Dice team to gathering information to make Battlefield 3 right? They've stated this many times in interviews. (including 1943)
One example is when they explained why it took so long for DLC content to come out for BC2. One of the dev team members being interviewed stating they didnt believe anyone would play the game passed level 20. let alone play to reach lvl 50. so they were suprised that it reached the fame that it did. Thats the reason why it was made on consoles, and ported to the PC. Battlefield 3 is being developed on the PC and being ported to consoles.

The bolded sounds  more like Blops than bc2. where many guns had the same profile/stats/recoil/etc

If anything i'd say DICE are some of the best in the buisness when it comes to keeping the gun roster balanced. The only problems ive encountered in BC2 are:

-when it first came out, the m60 was WAY overpowered to the point where people were sniping with it. Dice nerfed it and now its a respectable gun to use.
-The uzi was deadly accurate way beyond its actual rl effective range when equiped with an acog. Dice fixed it and now its not as bad.
-the community requested the m14 be alowed to have mods. Dice listened and alowed it.
-The m16 was nerfed to pretty much be a burst-fire ak102. this is the only thing that makes no sense that they've done.

Other than whats stated, i cant think of any other balancing issues there have been. Krusty be lucky that Dice actually LISTENS to its community.

It could be like Call of Duty:black ops. with the OP'ed famas/aug/ak74 madness. those guns have been practicly begged to be nerfed. and what was the Devs response to these outcries? They take slight-of-hand pro off the Famas. which pretty much fixes NOTHING.

so sorry Krusty, but as a Battlefield Vet,(1942,BF:V,2142,Heros,Bf2,Free2play,BF:BC1,1943,BC2:V) i respectfully have to disagree with everything you said.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2011, 03:19:01 PM »
Be careful Krusty...he's a uber lvl55 10th prestige Vet.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2011, 03:20:49 PM »

Krusty, the 3 TEST games were designed on the consoles (bc1,1943,bc2). the REAL DEAL is being designed on the PC.(BF3)
we got the unfinished projects while the PC gamers get the Actual game. Stop complaining.
Also, from the studies ive seen conducted, it seems PC gamers are not the "meat and potatoes", but are actually the left-overs compared to console gaming.
Game Informer just ran an article a couple months ago titled "The Death of PC Gaming".

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2011, 03:22:18 PM »
Be careful Krusty...he's a uber lvl55 10th prestige Vet.
That part right there killed your sarcastic insult.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2011, 03:23:25 PM »
LOL.. don't kid yourself. It was a full standalone game and even has a very developed DLC add-on (Vietnam). This was in no way shape or form a "test" game. LOL!

I'm not even going to get into it. It's not debatable. That's the stubborn thing about facts.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2011, 03:30:30 PM »
LOL.. don't kid yourself. It was a full standalone game and even has a very developed DLC add-on (Vietnam). This was in no way shape or form a "test" game. LOL!

I'm not even going to get into it. It's not debatable. That's the stubborn thing about facts.
Maybe you should go watch the Dev interviews, if you dont believe me.

The vietnam DLC add-on was not developed by the same Dice team that made BC2, but more the team that created 1943/moh's online.

Its not officially stated, but theres subtle hints to it being true. (the way the holding of guns are, the way the 1911 is displayed, the way the m16 is carried/shot/reload,the sprinting, The metallic sound of half the guns when reloading,The way tanks operate, and some others).
Go play BF:1942/moh's online, note the things ive mentioned, then go play the Vietnam expansion, then compare your findings to BC2. and you should easily be able to see what im talking about.