Author Topic: MANaWAR, cutting through the bluster  (Read 2302 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: MANaWAR, cutting through the bluster
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2011, 03:37:04 PM »
I'm sure most of us would be fine with him if he would just shut up.

Good practical advice.  You might want to follow it too :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2011, 03:39:43 PM »
Surprised it's not closed. I guess just waiting for my INput.
I have none

:cheers: Oz

Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2011, 03:50:08 PM »
I'm sure most of us would be fine with him if he would just shut up.

If his chatter bugs you, might I suggest making full use of the .squelch command?  I find it very effective IN dealing with him.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: MANaWAR, just an angry jellyfish
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2011, 04:00:55 PM »
I'm IN. I 'd bet skuzzy'll shut this one down because he warned me once about starting a thread directed at one player. I think there was a general threat levelled to ban anyone who so attempted but that's my possibly faulty recollection.

In any case, I don't think it was a wise move to start a "Rip on X" thread but I'm IN (ding, ding, ding).

THIS THREAD IS IN NO WAY DIRECTED AT AN INDIVIDUAL PLAYER, IT IS DIRECTED AT THE MANaWAR KILLCLUB.

Carry on.  :aok
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 04:02:15 PM »
lol babalonian
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2011, 05:28:22 PM »
If his chatter bugs you, might I suggest making full use of the .squelch command?  I find it very effective IN dealing with him.

Ya know, when I squelch him, I'm still left with the 10 guys chatting with/at/to him that he has managed to get all worked up and mouthy.

I got no place to talk though, I was one of the most offensive players in WarBirds.

Things change however. 

I truly believe it is a priviledge to be able to play this game.  As an adult, I hesitate to recommend it to my adult friends because of the juvenile behavior that ensues.
I am embarrased by association.  Surely, most of you have spoken to others about what we play here.  Most folks get that glazed look and I imagine they are thinking "Oh jeez, this guy is excited about a computer game he plays".  I do not expect most folks to understand anymore than I would expect them to understand the childish behavior exhibited by a few vociferous sociopaths.  Unfortunately I am guilty by association, and have stopped telling anyone else about AH, or inviting them to join us.  That my friends is the sad part.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2011, 05:46:09 PM »
Look.... It's easy to single out the one guy in the game who has decided to use the field guns and ship guns almost exclusively.  But we should also take into consideration that he is cocky because he is really good at shooting down aircraft with these guns.  We should also take into consideration that it is not his fault that kill credits only work one way with field and ship guns.

That's all I have to say about that.
:rofl
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 06:03:29 PM »
Nest time you think about switching countries to sink a cv, think twice.....

Do it manawar could be sitting on the gun waiting for his chance to strike!
Strokes

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2011, 06:38:57 PM »
vociferous sociopaths

Well said.  :aok
See Rule #4

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2011, 06:45:57 PM »
Did I miss something by de-tuning ch200??....................... :headscratch: :huh :noid

This is INcredulous............
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2011, 09:01:54 PM »
What the hell, why not INjoy it while it lasts  ;).
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Vuokko

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2011, 10:07:01 PM »
Is this a ok thread to whine about wmaker? Or Brewster?

Just asking, Joacim and kilo2  :)
Lentotaitoahan minulla ei koskaan ole ollut - vaan eipä sitä taida AH'n kaltasissa airquakeissa paljoa tarvitakaan. On toi reaktionopeus ollu aina aika heikko.

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2011, 02:30:25 AM »

BTW it's probably safer yo bash then hump rather then the other way around .... or I could be wrong.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:32:29 AM by Mayhem »
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2011, 08:15:50 AM »
Ya know, when I squelch him, I'm still left with the 10 guys chatting with/at/to him that he has managed to get all worked up and mouthy.

I got no place to talk though, I was one of the most offensive players in WarBirds.

Things change however. 

I truly believe it is a priviledge to be able to play this game.  As an adult, I hesitate to recommend it to my adult friends because of the juvenile behavior that ensues.
I am embarrased by association.  Surely, most of you have spoken to others about what we play here.  Most folks get that glazed look and I imagine they are thinking "Oh jeez, this guy is excited about a computer game he plays".  I do not expect most folks to understand anymore than I would expect them to understand the childish behavior exhibited by a few vociferous sociopaths.  Unfortunately I am guilty by association, and have stopped telling anyone else about AH, or inviting them to join us.  That my friends is the sad part.
:aok

Offline NaTorino

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2011, 02:36:16 PM »
I'm gonna take my talents to.........IN