Author Topic: Dicta JUGgler AH2  (Read 7779 times)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Dicta JUGgler AH2
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2011, 11:52:18 PM »
Don't worry, I can vouch for JUGgler's HOing.  Been HOed by him myself and he does not deny his moment of weakness.   :o

Caught him red handed with his hand in the cookie jar. :x

:old:  HOing is bad, unless it is fun.

It's no longer fun for me to HO though.  Although I admit, also, to my moments of weakness, especially in the past.   :frown: :airplane: :joystick:

:neener:

<3 JUGgler  :D

HO tally, midway-2,469   JUGgler- 1   I think you are winning!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2011, 11:59:57 PM »
Dicta Assi:

I'll just stop there.  It sounds so wrong.  :uhoh
In game - Assi      JG2

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2011, 12:03:27 AM »
Dicta Assi:

I'll just stop there.  It sounds so wrong.  :uhoh

:rofl :rofl :rofl :lol :lol  :lol

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2011, 12:04:13 AM »
Imagine my surprise when I read this on the forum's today. I could have sworn that I was ho'd (I wasn't) by JUGgler last night after three or four passes when I could have ho'd but didn't. So, I went and looked at the film. Sure enough I learned a few lessons. First, just because I started exploding prior to viewing my plane colliding with his does not mean that I was ho'd (apparently this has to do with lag, or something). The film clearly reveals that I pulled into him and caused the collission and my own demise. He did not shoot at all. Second, I learned that I should always view the film prior to feeling aggrieved and making a remark on Channel 200. Perhaps these two lessons can be added to the dicta. My only consolation is that I did not call him out by name on 200 out of my prior respect for his flying style.

My third lesson is that JUGgler exposed me for a noob (still) and I still have much to learn.

Good lessons all around for me. Also, I appreciate your flying style, while I may not emulate it always or agree with it always it definitely has class. I apologize for doubting you and impugning your honor.  

:salute

There are a couple circumstances that I will HO as I've mentioned, Oh and I will HO midway cause she is always flying around with her mouth open  :D (I always lose the HO though). I was tempted to HO you cause jackyl had extended and was returning to pick me, we both pulled hard for closure, I think the collide was on us both! The couple fights we had later were quite fun and I dig your style!!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011, 12:07:17 AM »
Dicta Assi:

I'll just stop there.  It sounds so wrong.  :uhoh

That's the wisest thing I have read in a long long time.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2011, 12:29:37 AM »
What I typed was very productive and presents an opposite viewpoint that Juggler seemingly insulted with his post. It read very much as a "you're a pansy if you do any of these things I don't like" and normally I don't think Juggler acts this way but I had to counter his post with a viewpoint that many others share. I know many that strive to be better pilots by NOT doing anything he suggests on that list, because it limits you to only one way of flying, and only one way of furballing.

Had you thought of that? Before I posted? Maybe I made you think about it a little more than your first read-through.

Honor is many things to many people... But calling people pansies and ladies because they climb from a fight (implying they have a plane that can outclimb the enemy) when it is wise and just to climb from a fight?

I don't see that as all-that-honorable, so you can see my point of view.

EDIT: Let me say I don't have anything against Juggler. I simply cannot agree with what he's posted and the implied meanings behind it. Dicta Boelke was a set of rules to survive in combat, to win, to fight. It was a mantra for victory. Juggler's is nothing of the sort. It does disservice to the originals... A number of people on these forums take those originals seriously.

You assume he implied meaning behind it. I took it as a "my personal code of honor" post.

If I'm nose on, you turn nose on nose with me, then you're going to get a face full of tater. I do that because I've learned that, as an admitidly pessimistic rule, people will HO 99% of the time. I didn't feel insulted or anything, I didn't feel it was a "my way is the only right way to play" type of post.

And while it was productive, I grudgingly give you that, it wasn't JUST productive. You seemed to be trying to belittle and and make irrelevant, JUGgler's post. How are you any better if you say "no, your post is wrong. Thats all there is to it"?

And finally, no you didn't make me think any further. As someone who usually ignores any and all rules when its expedient and increases the chances of my survival, I usually do consider both sides of the argument.

Edit: nothing against you personally, you just often seem to come off as sounding a touch pedantic, perhaps even a little bit snobbish as if you think the other guy is slow for not seeing your point of view.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:32:19 AM by Tank-Ace »
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 01:43:11 AM »
everytime I am HOed, I think its their loss as much as mine. . .

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2011, 05:04:17 AM »
hear hear  :aok

another foe with honour it seems  :salute

how tight do you stick to your own rules?? my question is what happens if you keep upping to meet a guy who constantly hos... would you break your own rules to teach this guy a lesson?

for me i just do not ho...esp if the enemy is outnumbered like 3-1, no matter how crucial the situation is.. but the sad thing is i always get knocked down by people who ho even tho i try to steer away from the fight... most times i escape, but its not always a perfect plan.... and worst of all, i always get the collision msg.. and its only me.. either i'm lagging constantly or there is a way to prevent this collision as i always try to swerve to miss him but only i get the msg and damage( thats life i guess...i'm living with it).....i think hoing in MA is slightly more acceptable than hoing in the DA...but thats just my opinion...

p.s on occasions i do ho in a fit of outrage... pls forgive...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 07:58:13 AM by des506 »
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2011, 06:18:26 AM »

:rofl

far from it :aok

maybe for your age group,(it was never there) but most of us dinosaurs live by it. yes even in a silly game.
  :aok QFT

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2011, 06:24:06 AM »
do unto others before they do unto you

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2011, 06:49:09 AM »
Step right up folks. Step up....Gaze at this 600 pounder here hanging on the line....its the largerst catch yet....1$ to get your picture made with the 600 pound Krusty.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2011, 07:46:04 AM »
That Dicta is followed very loosely by yourself (JUGgler) at times :neener:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2011, 08:38:17 AM »
Some good points there, Jugg.
Chivalry isnt dead, just became uncommon in the last centuries.
If someone dares to follow this dicta, he ll get respected very soon and improve his skills lightening fast even tho his score will sukk.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2011, 09:02:38 AM »
hear hear  :aok

another foe with honour it seems  :salute

how tight do you stick to your own rules?? my question is what happens if you keep upping to meet a guy who constantly hos... would you break your own rules to teach this guy a lesson?

for me i just do not ho...esp if the enemy is outnumbered like 3-1, no matter how crucial the situation is.. but the sad thing is i always get knocked down by people who ho even tho i try to steer away from the fight... most times i escape, but its not always a perfect plan.... and worst of all, i always get the collision msg.. and its only me.. either i'm lagging constantly or there is a way to prevent this collision as i always try to swerve to miss him but only i get the msg and damage( thats life i guess...i'm living with it).....i think hoing in MA is slightly more acceptable than hoing in the DA...but thats just my opinion...

p.s on occasions i do ho in a fit of outrage... pls forgive...

As taught to me by DMGOD to avoid the HO:  "dip down, veer left."  He did make me promise to tell others which I do often.  :cheers:

Do that at 1.5 to 2k out.  I found that it works just about every time.  If you're fighting the same person, vary the amount of the dip and the veer to keep them guessing.   :aok

I do so enjoy watching their bullet stream pass by to my upper right and then am especially motivated to turn them until they are no more.  :D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 09:04:55 AM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2011, 09:48:04 AM »
honor and spotrsmanship? that was in world war 1 ): no sportsmanship in world war 2, more info search Atomic Bomb!

things that i do:

Fougth the guy, he is trying to ditch (no engine, half a wing etc) i leave the guy to ditch, i have seen some people actually shooting these guys until they become fire and pieces

I WILL defend the base if it is in trouble wich means if i see a bunch of guys high alt with bombs dropping to the town i will stay close to the town and shoot as many of them as i can

I will cover my squadmates and anyone in my side who needs cover

and I avoid HO for my own good since i always lose on that move... is not that hard diving instead of sticking to your first move.
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5