Author Topic: Hiding Carriers  (Read 16448 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Hiding Carriers
« Reply #255 on: August 10, 2011, 06:26:19 PM »
CV fights are the best. Both sides stay below 3k and fight it out.  :aok

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #256 on: August 10, 2011, 07:58:32 PM »
I look at this way:

You have to fight to take an airfield.
You have to fight to take a V-base.
You have to fight to take a port.

Are you girls saying you don't want to have to fight or look for a CV, which is considered a base in it's own right?

This is ridiculous.
18 pages of crying.
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #257 on: August 10, 2011, 08:24:01 PM »
Saw the vid Agent, If i ever have the pleasure of meeting you, first rounds on me  :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #258 on: August 10, 2011, 09:03:58 PM »
If my idea for a supply system was put into place, I wouldn't mind hiding of CVs as much. You could track them down by following supply ships or even prevent air operations by destroying them before they arrived at the CV to resupply it.

Unfortunately, the only thing CV hiding does now is diminish game-play and sure as heck doesn't promote good game-play. Then again, neither does a 12 hour country switch.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #259 on: August 10, 2011, 09:41:39 PM »
I look at this way:

You have to fight to take an airfield.
You have to fight to take a V-base.
You have to fight to take a port.

Are you girls saying you don't want to have to fight or look for a CV, which is considered a base in it's own right?

This is ridiculous.
18 pages of crying.

very true... but how do you fight a base that you have no idea where it is? :headscratch: and you prob know the likely location is 8-9 sectors away from port.. some place off the map... essentially.. you purposely take a port so that you can drag and keep the cv away to irritate the enemy...nothing more! it bears no tactical strategy watsoever....really?...you take a port.. you get a cv..... USE IT... not drag it all the way 8-9 sectors, and make them do nothing! seriously... its really spoiling the fun...
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #260 on: August 10, 2011, 09:45:07 PM »
An agitated enemy is an easy enemy.  :aok
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #261 on: August 10, 2011, 09:51:40 PM »
dun forget an irritated enemy.. has a choice to shut the game and do something else... and what happens to arena numbers? it dwindles.. i reckon marine like to play alone..
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #262 on: August 10, 2011, 10:06:53 PM »
dun forget an irritated enemy.. has a choice to shut the game and do something else... and what happens to arena numbers? it dwindles.. i reckon marine like to play alone..

Heck yay he does.  So much easier to take bases and WIN DA WAR
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #263 on: August 10, 2011, 10:18:41 PM »
Actually I prefer to be swarmed by red guys. I don't cry about being ganged because it's the pilot's fault. Not the plane. I get thrown into a "target rich" environment.

Personally I'd rather not play with someone who gets upset about a game because of a CV. If you capture a port, you best believe the CV is about 5 sectors away. Grab some 234's and go enjoy a flight. You kids get so worked up.

And DMGOD - I know you've got an issue with me kid, but you better step your game up if you're gonna try and troll me. Same for you, Des. Step it up. I want GOOD trolling thrown my way. Show me how big of a sociopath you can be! Bring it! -_-

HiTech

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #264 on: August 10, 2011, 10:24:19 PM »
Actually I prefer to be swarmed by red guys. I don't cry about being ganged because it's the pilot's fault. Not the plane. I get thrown into a "target rich" environment.

Personally I'd rather not play with someone who gets upset about a game because of a CV. If you capture a port, you best believe the CV is about 5 sectors away. Grab some 234's and go enjoy a flight. You kids get so worked up.

dun get me wrong...i would not be so bothered if the cv is 8-9 sectors away fighting a different front... the problem is... the cv is ALWAYS being hidden away and not being used at all...so pardon my grievances... it truly is idiotic...
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #265 on: August 10, 2011, 10:30:54 PM »
Personally I'd rather not play with someone who gets upset about a game because of a CV. If you capture a port, you best believe the CV is about 5 sectors away. Grab some 234's and go enjoy a flight.
Well, there you have it. Problem solved.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #266 on: August 10, 2011, 10:32:17 PM »

What if there is a map bug that essentially makes the carrier indestructible in the corner of the map.  Then what?

Offline f35raptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #267 on: August 10, 2011, 10:52:07 PM »
really guys a cv is not this important, and i dont wanna here this, oh the bishop are the ones hiding the cv/bs, because iv came across multiple enmy cvs that wernt anywhere close to the correct port that is should be its always behind the front, every county does the same thing admit it, we all have spawn campers, all have enmy cons 20K+, its all in the game, its not like one cv is going to change the outcome of the damn game, the game is still going to be played the same way if that cv isnt being used, i mean really what is the percentage that these cvs would be actually used, probably like 10% of the time, the other 90 percent of the time you are going to be a base to base operation, i hardly ever see cv attacks and when i do its not like its a big group of enemy people using it, like i said one base is not going to stop people from playing the game, me honistly i hate taking off of cvs you dont get that much alt, and when you do there is always going to be some one higher then you, so stop acting like 5 year olds on the forums and go shoot down some enemy plans. thats my .02

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #268 on: August 10, 2011, 11:03:38 PM »

We already DO have to fight to kill the CV. What we don't want to do is be forced to make multiple-hour sorties in a game that has been built around quick, easy to find, short-ranged combat. The HTC crew CLEARLY doesn't have a burning desire for us to fly that long, otherwise they would have spaced the bases MUCH further, and never instigated the 2.0 fuel burn multiplyer.

This fact kills any and all arguments that flying 500 miles is just part of the game, and that we should just suck it up and give you plenty of time to intercept us, man the CV guns, and get prepared to turn the boat.

And WHY do you want to stack the odds even further against the people trying to recover their stolen CV? The defenders already have a darbar to track the progress of attacking aircraft, they have all of those 500 miles to intercept, they have AAA fire coming out the arse, they have radar tells you which aircraft are enemy and which friendly (they didn't have that in WWII, and still don't), and the CV icon even flashes as soon as an enemy aircraft draw too near. You don't even have to scan the map for the red dots indicating an enemy.

Are you really so incompetent that that overwhelming advantage isn't enough for you to be able to keep that boat alive?
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #269 on: August 11, 2011, 12:44:12 AM »
It looked like planes that upped from the cv could fly outside the map and not generate a red arrow or dar bar until they entered the map.

What we saw as dar bars suddenly showing up at our strats without being able to track the progress of the cons before they magically appeared.