Author Topic: Analyze This: QPM vs. grizz Venn  (Read 4495 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Analyze This: QPM vs. grizz Venn
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2011, 08:11:35 PM »
if you see me on and feeling fiesty.   :t

feelin real fiesty right now...but Ive been up for like 50 hours so not tonight.

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2011, 09:30:48 PM »
As long as you end up with the 109K being the hardest to use, it's all good.   :banana:   :noid :bolt:
In other words, "How can I define it to make the Bf109 rate poorly?"

:D. If mr grizz wants an arbitrary gunnery modifier then by golly I'll give him one if it's simple to do.  Whuteva. 

But we all know what the score really is ;).
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2011, 09:38:31 PM »
:D. If mr grizz wants an arbitrary gunnery modifier then by golly I'll give him one if it's simple to do.  Whuteva. 

But we all know what the score really is ;).

I quit.

:bolt:

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2011, 09:53:28 PM »
I quit.

:D  ...oh no you don't!  Drag me into putting more gunnery stuff in it and then run-off.  :furious  I'm already adding the columns for ya.
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2011, 10:33:28 PM »
I quit.

YOU CAN'T QUIT!! ALL THE PLANTS WILL DIE!!!
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2011, 10:37:51 PM »
:D  ...oh no you don't!  Drag me into putting more gunnery stuff in it and then run-off.  :furious  I'm already adding the columns for ya.

You took my honest attempt at taking arbitrary, yet potentially measurable metrics, and sullied it.  My ember now gloweth not.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2011, 10:51:39 PM »
You took my honest attempt at taking arbitrary, yet potentially measurable metrics, and sullied it.  My member now groweth not.

fixed   :rofl  :bolt:

<sorry, couldn't resist such a straight lilne.>  :neener:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2011, 10:52:41 PM »
 :furious

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2011, 11:40:01 PM »
LOL that was a real hanging curve you threw Shane there Grizz.  Not surprised he powdered it! :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2011, 08:31:59 AM »
LOL that was a real hanging curve you threw Shane there Grizz.  Not surprised he powdered it! :)

I blame the English language's tendency to produce rhymable words, consequently leaving me exposed.  I also blame you.  It seems to be the in thing.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 08:46:22 AM by grizz441 »

Offline Grundle1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2011, 09:00:48 AM »
The size of the aircraft.     A P38 is  a large target whereas a 109 is a small target.  It makes a huge difference.  You could take that further and look at the size of the target from the dead 6 and then in plan view. 

To me, aircraft that are stable at very low speeds or that retain control authority at very high speeds are easier, too.  Then there's the speed at which flaps can be deployed and controllability in a stalled or near stalled condition.   There are lots of factors that aren't covered.  Zoom climb ability is another one that is relevant to this game...How many cup-holders etc.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2011, 10:25:28 AM »
I blame the English language's tendency to produce rhymable words, consequently leaving me exposed.  I also blame you.  It seems to be the in thing.
What about the plants....ramp up the ember and let's get this easymode BS answered for all time.

Shane and Corky...please leave Grizz alone....if he works on this long enough, it will take him weeks to get proficient shooting taters again. See?
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2011, 12:33:42 PM »
Alrighty...had to take some of my lunchtime to complete this...here is the modified excel file.  Right click to download it.

Gunnery Adjusted QPM excel 2007 file

I added 4 columns for you guys asking for the stuff: 1)visibility, 2)ballistics, 3)ammo, 4)lethality.  You can determine which weighting you want.  I just left it at 25%/25%/25%/25% for the time being.  Adjust as you wish.

The gunnery modifier algorithm is:
A) Derive a gunnery score based on the above factors. 
B) Divide this score by the reference score.
C) adjust this score by a scaling factor (user adjustable, currently set at 1/2).
D) mutliply both the X and Y axis by the modified score.

You just now need to go through and set your reference gunnery score, the weighting factors, scaling factor and go and fill out the visibility, ballistics, ammo, lethality ratings for every airplane.  Have fun storming the castle!  :D

I stripped out the exponents for my S/W*P/W*P metric to keep it simple.  The gunnery modifier section makes up 60% of the spreadsheet :eek:.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2011, 03:32:01 PM »
Will be taking a look at this when I get home tonight dtango.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2011, 03:33:41 PM »
thanks for the PM dtango, will work on a few ideas when college allows.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer