Author Topic: New VGuys foot wear  (Read 5718 times)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: New VGuys foot wear
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2011, 02:58:23 PM »
They pay their $15 to play the game however they chose. They don't pay $15 to run into vicious brutes like you.

Vicious brutes like you make them feel small, and thus they don't believe they got their $ worth.

Calling Corky a 'vicious brute' is akin to calling Mother Theresa a griefer.

That's a good one.  :aok
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2011, 04:15:31 PM »
What confused me is the fight had appeared right in front of them and they augered.

I doubt that you are confused.  You understand that the mission was scrubbed on account of the goons being spied out.  Rather than drop ords and RTB a grid and a half away, they bailed to reset another mission.  Much like you admitted above that you bail when your sortie isn't to your liking.

What's really going on is you decided to try to get your revenge by trolling in here because you were denied the opportunity to bounce a bunch of low, slow, outnumbered, fuel-laden, ords-carrying aircraft. 

Now I'm confused.  Is that really the kind of fight you look for?  Are you so disappointed that you didn't get that "fight" it that you need to whine about it in the forum?
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2011, 04:26:39 PM »
I doubt that you are confused.  You understand that the mission was scrubbed on account of the goons being spied out.  Rather than drop ords and RTB a grid and a half away, they bailed to reset another mission.  Much like you admitted above that you bail when your sortie isn't to your liking.

What's really going on is you decided to try to get your revenge by trolling in here because you were denied the opportunity to bounce a bunch of low, slow, outnumbered, fuel-laden, ords-carrying aircraft. 

Now I'm confused.  Is that really the kind of fight you look for?  Are you so disappointed that you didn't get that "fight" it that you need to whine about it in the forum?

You are aware Dan flies a low, slow BOMBER don't you.  So you are agreeing that rather than fight a single P-38G with no WEP and a less than mediocre pilot that all of you augered.  If only 2 of you dropped ords and engaged Dan probably would have wrecked on his own.  Your above statement validates the accusation that you avoid fights at all cost.  I'm sure those town buildings feel owned............ :lol
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2011, 04:43:51 PM »

Bill Clinton comes to mind after reading this. "I did not have sex with that woman".

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2011, 05:09:18 PM »
You are aware Dan flies a low, slow BOMBER don't you.  So you are agreeing that rather than fight a single P-38G with no WEP and a less than mediocre pilot that all of you augered.  If only 2 of you dropped ords and engaged Dan probably would have wrecked on his own.  Your above statement validates the accusation that you avoid fights at all cost.  I'm sure those town buildings feel owned............ :lol

LOL.  Swing and a miss, slugger.

First of all, you are aware that a P-38 is a fighter not a "BOMBER" aren't you?  That said, I doubt he was heavy given there were no targets in that sector.  Are you really saying Dan is a "less than mediocre pilot"?  Perhaps if they had known this, and if he was actually alone, the raid might have continued.

The actual fact is, Butcher found and reported the goons and the NOE raid.  He has stated this already here on the forum.  The large, growing dar-bar at the target field made that fairly obvious.  One pilot?  Not even close to the case.

Your ignorance to the actual facts suggests that you weren't involved in the event on either side.  Your statement validates the fact that one shouldn't talk about things they have no clue about.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:11:14 PM by Kingpin »
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2011, 05:14:10 PM »
how exactly do you win?  been here for 5 years, war hasnt been won yet.  we still keep playing every day.  but if you are to listen and pay attention to those that quit or got kicked out of your squad, you would realize that your best players arent happy.  that in itself would make most squads think about what they do wrong, with you guys, you just get the unlimitted supply of new guys on their 2 week trial.

semp

Really Semp?  HTC sends us a little message, apparently you've never received it.  Kinda like chess, you can win today and still play tomorrow. And as for what goes on within the squad, you haven't a clue what you're talking about!  I suppose in your pathetic little mind that if you think it, it must be true... but alas it's just your fantasy, and I suppose in a fantasy game that's okay.  And only 5 years huh grasshopper? I've been doing this since Al Gore invented the internet, and I've met quite a few morally superior/emotionally inferior basement trolls of your like in that time.  

So if you wanna hate us that's up to you, but you would do yourself a favor to actually know us before you start to invent reasons in your quest to convince others to do so as well.  So "if you are to listen and pay attention":  

You can't win a friend worth having by trying to spread hate.

You can't earn respect by treating others disrespectfully.

And most importantly, you can't find the truth amongst the "facts" you've invented.

vNucks

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2011, 05:41:25 PM »

augering when no fight can be found vs augering when the fight found you would be two totally different things :)

Are you suggesting the fighter bombers you were flying were incapable of ditching their ord and fighting?  That was SOP when jumped for WW2 fighter bombers.  I don't recall ever seeing note that all fighter bombers augered when jumped.  With no real death on the horizon, why not fight it out.  It's not like there were more of us then you, in fact it was less of us until you started making splashes.

It's your dime in the end.  It was just something I've never encountered before in 15 years of cartoon flying.

BTW you'll find that the best place to be in AH is low and slow.  Some of us spend most of our time down there :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2011, 05:43:59 PM »
Are you really saying Dan is a "less than mediocre pilot"?  Perhaps if they had known this, and if he was actually alone, the raid might have continued.

Much like experiencing sex for the first time, you won't know or experience anything unless you attempt to get involved.

First of all, you are aware that a P-38 is a fighter not a "BOMBER" aren't you?  

I was going to be sarcastic, but FYI the ongoing joke in AH is the P38 is a bomber.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2011, 06:10:59 PM »
Kingpin, <S>.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2011, 06:29:56 PM »
Are you suggesting the fighter bombers you were flying were incapable of ditching their ord and fighting?

No, I actually understand your side of the argument.  Had I been in that mission (rather than having just come in on vox) I would have voted to drop ords and try to make my way out.  They elected (after some discussion on vox) NOT to play into your hands, and instead bailed to rally a potentially successful attack.  

I'm not actually debating the tactics side of this at all.

What I AM suggesting is that either:
1) you can't see it from the side of the "mission oriented" group resetting after a spied out mission
2) you are pretending not to understand in order to continue to troll the subject

At this point I am leaning toward the latter, as I find it hard to believe you’ve never seen people bail before.  

I’ve only been playing AH for about a year, and I’ve seen players on the Rook and Knight side bail out repeatedly to avoid being attacked.  Then again, maybe I have a better perspective from over 1000ft AGL.   ;)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2011, 06:41:16 PM »
No, I actually understand your side of the argument.  Had I been in that mission (rather than having just come in on vox) I would have voted to drop ords and try to make my way out.  They elected (after some discussion on vox) NOT to play into your hands, and instead bailed to rally a potentially successful attack.  

I'm not actually debating the tactics side of this at all.

What I AM suggesting is that either:
1) you can't see it from the side of the "mission oriented" group resetting after a spied out mission
2) you are pretending not to understand in order to continue to troll the subject

At this point I am leaning toward the latter, as I find it hard to believe you’ve never seen people bail before.  

I’ve only been playing AH for about a year, and I’ve seen players on the Rook and Knight side bail out repeatedly to avoid being attacked.  Then again, maybe I have a better perspective from over 1000ft AGL.   ;)

I''ve seen individuals bail before and I think it's silly.  I've never seen a mission with larger numbers then the defenders all auger.  There were three of us close at the time the splashes started.  There were folks further back on the way.  Were we higher?  Sure, you were NOE but we weren't that much higher.  I could care less about points, perks etc.  As folks who fly with me will tell you, I'd have said "banzai" on VOX and plowed into the fight to see how long I could last.  Chances are I'd have been in the tower as fast as you guys augered, but it would have been because of the fight, not avoiding it.  Time wise it would have had little impact on the 'war', but competitive wise it could have been a great fight.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2011, 07:09:10 PM »
Honestly to me having fun and fighting other players in the game is whats Fun for me, it's not the Kills, the Score, the Rank, or Winning of the War, to some it does mean alot and i understand this. But I'm along the same mindset as Dan and other players. i still do so many stupid things, auger, removal of wings at high speeds, missing targets, diving into stupid odds to see how long I'll last. the reason why is I'm having Fun and laughing to hard to see what i should be doing ( pig radio is total ADHD lol ), but i also know everytime i engage anyone in anything at anytime I'm going to try and make sure You have fun to, if i die.... Meh I'll grab another one and hope you had Fun. 

last night we made a private room to take a break from the MA scene, started off everyone dueling in B25's with just the 75mm cannon, Then the ADHD kicked in soon it was i16's vrs 262's vrs DB3 vrs Ju87's lol at one point i was turn fighting my B29 with a 262 less than 1000 ft off the deck full flaps doing vertical stall turns lol
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2011, 08:26:20 PM »
last night we made a private room to take a break from the MA scene, started off everyone dueling in B25's with just the 75mm cannon, Then the ADHD kicked in soon it was i16's vrs 262's vrs DB3 vrs Ju87's lol at one point i was turn fighting my B29 with a 262 less than 1000 ft off the deck full flaps doing vertical stall turns lol

What? That isn't promoting team play! The war must be won and we can't win when our resources are in a private room, doing nothing but wasting time.

/sarcasm
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2011, 08:35:45 PM »
I agree zoom, just getting regular quality fights with some friends is 100% better than some of the MA stuff, just ask anyone who's taken me up on a WWI challenge.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2011, 08:55:16 PM »
I''ve seen blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah have been a great fight.
Troll on dude.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"