Author Topic: New VGuys foot wear  (Read 5708 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: New VGuys foot wear
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2011, 01:05:30 AM »
     Hmmm, "doing something right" sounds an awful lot like doing something lame...oh well, different strokes I
guess.  :rolleyes:

I just had this vision of Patton ordering his troops to shoot themselves because it didn't appear the fight was going to go his way.  "Nope! Not going there!  They've got defenders.  OK everyone commit suicide!"

Nah....
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2011, 01:47:50 AM »
If no one else will, I'll call you on that.  Either you are exaggerating the number or said 'vguy' wasn't being accurate because I have NEVER heard of us scrubbing a mission because we didn't have the same number of planes as hangers to hit...  As for your point on Chewies missions, it was routine that we put planes in Alchemists missions to help them take that base and they just as frequently reciprocated.  We did have a very successful 'alliance' with them where we gave assistance when needed in whatever way needed.  I liked flying with them very much.  Great group of 'ready and willing' nice guys.

As for your intent on believing we have no tactics, well your just ignorant to that.  If that were the case we wouldn't have a numbered map for each field, assign targets, assign backups, request specific ordinance saved for specific things, and we would never deack fields to hold cap.  Oh and we would certainly never pork strategically.  We would never take a port prior to sinking the CV.  We would never EVER go drop a VH to a base that spawns into the target take to avoid unwanted enemy GV's.  To save time I'll just stop there.  All this is to say that we aren't a noobish as everyone likes to think we are.  Hating on us just because you aren't well informed isn't productive.

You need to do a few things before you answer any post, not just mine. Here they are.

1. Read the entirety of the post and reply to it's context as a whole.
Example: I said the example of 40 people was an extreme situation. Typically humans remember the ends of any spectrum better than the middle. I happen to remember the high end of your mission spectrum, like a normal human, we can safely assume thanks to scientific fact, would do. (go look it up, I'm not doing the leg work for you)

2. You should never insert your own words or meanings, especially in a subjective argument as it leads to mistruths and misunderstanding.
Example: I never said it was scrubbed. Infact, I never said WHAT happened to it. The truth of it was they kept pushing the time back waiting for the 40. I don't know if it was scrubbed.

3. If you need a dictionary when reading to ensure you do not violate #1 or 2, it is advised using Google and search under dictionary. This prevents violation of the previous rules.
Example: I said with you guys gone we would see BETTER tactics. Better does not mean none. It means 'greater than' or 'superior to' an existing noun. So when you allegedly I stated a lie about the vGuys, IE; you don't use tactics, it was not I who was truly at fault.

OH one more thing. Let's call it #4. When you object to certain points and yet leave other accusations unopposed, it typically means you agree with it.
Example: I said the mission needed 40 or more to go, it was a small field and unopposed, yet you never said anything to the affect of: We don't do that. You said you wouldn't scrub the mission just because you couldn't get 40, you also said my number might be too high, you even used the point of the 'alliance members' being willing participants... But nowhere, not once did you dispute the thought process of [Numbers=Win] or that vGuys NEED a large number to ensure a take or they won't even try. This coupled with the show of everyone diving into the drink when a con shows up further validates this.

I don't make statements such as I did without some semblance of certainty in my stance because, even if you dislike me or what I say, I'd like still to be look at as a person of honor and integrity.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2011, 03:12:34 AM »
I just had this vision of Patton ordering his troops to shoot themselves because it didn't appear the fight was going to go his way.  "Nope! Not going there!  They've got defenders.  OK everyone commit suicide!"

Nah....

A goon isn't obligated to give a proxy to, or take bullets from you.

The Bottom line is that everyone gets to decide for their self how to play the game.  If you don't like it, tough toejam.  I'm still going to do my part to take your fields.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2011, 03:53:37 AM »

The Bottom line is that everyone gets to decide for their self how to play the game.  If you don't like it, tough toejam.  I'm still going to do my part to take your fields.

then why do you get upset when we mentioned you guys auger instead of fighting?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2011, 09:04:53 AM »

You keep talking about the goons.  I wasn't anywhere near the goons.  It was the rest of the raid, coming in low over the water.  They had the means to fight back but augered instead.  The might have shot me down had they fought for the fun of it instead of doing the splash dance instead.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2011, 09:40:02 AM »
The lack of a direct answer speaks volumes.

It was a very simple question.
Blah Blah Blah.  The portion of this community, which you belong to, that don't like us because we pay our $15 to play this game how we want while CONSTANTLY critiquing what we do speaks far greater.  We don't owe you a single explanation for anything we do.  You aren't our dad, God, or HiTech.  Your question was inflammatory and meant to point out what you believe is one of our inadequacies.  You want us to validate for you why you think we are inferior to us and in a public forum the only reason for doing so is with the hopes that you will smear our squad further.  Well get in line.  There's plenty of other AH bullies you can make smores with around a campfire while telling your stories about us.

My 'indirect' answer is exactly what you deserve.  You want to be a jerk to us and then expect us to answer your post to your specifications.  How do you deal with a bully?

You need to do a few things before you answer any post, not just mine. Here they are.

I don't make statements such as I did without some semblance of certainty in my stance because, even if you dislike me or what I say, I'd like still to be look at as a person of honor and integrity.

Your example 1 shows almost exactly my point.  If you want to be an elitist and try to insert 'scientific fact' to this conversation go ahead.  It's a forum for a WW2 simulation.  Not "can we create a cure for hand warts."  The 'fact' is you took a spectrum of numbers, which you admit the high end is 40, and used the exact high end.  That would be a no-no in the 'scientific community' as it does not hold true representation to mean value of the spectrum.  I'm willing to do that leg work for you, basically what I just said is that if you wanted to be most accurate, which so you're aware the scientific community takes accuracy pretty serious, you should have referenced the average number (or mean value) of planes we require to launch a mission.  Instead, like Al Gore takes only the extremes in his argument, you chose to reference the extreme number in an attempt to further smear our squad.  So your personal feelings have affected your argument.  Another no-no in the 'scientific community'.  You silly Man-Bear-Pig you.

Example 2 is also flawed as your exact words I referenced was, "they wouldn't go on their hvy fighter mission with any less than 40 planes."  I guess you should have been more specific and said, "they wouldn't go on their hvy fighter mission until they had 40 planes in the mission."  Those have different meanings and when YOU don't convey your message properly typically humans fill in the blanks on their own.

Your example 3 shows your true colors.  Keep talking down to me and see what it will get you.  Nothing.  Cause this is a digital environment and I will never meet you in real life, so I guess if you enjoy acting like you are superior to me in all ways...  Have at it.  I chuckle at your need for importance.  Others will read it and if only for a slight moment think that your being a jerk and that will diminish your integrity in their eyes, which even for a mere second, still harms you and not me.  After all, I'm proudly a vGUY.  How much more 'marked' can I get.  What you said, exactly, was "with little thought put forth in terms of tactics aside from numbers win."  I gave you a LIST of things we tactically do ASIDE from numbers.  So I guess to correct my post, "As for your intent on believing we have no tactics" should have read, "As for your intent on believing we have little tactics."  Either way it was you that claimed we do not think of how to tactically achieve our objective and I cited numerous examples as to why you are ignorantly incorrect.  And I use the word ignorant not in the "uneducated or unsophisticated" way, I use it in the "lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular" way, to be clear.  (Hope you enjoyed my use of Google Search there)

I completely agree that numbers are a valid tactic, as well as selecting the field that will have lower resistance.  The objective after all is to take the base.  Not spend 45 minutes dying for a bust.  I could spend another paragraph attempting to explain in detail they why's and whatnot but that would do no one on this forum any good, so I digress.

I don't dislike you, as a matter of fact anytime I've ever flown with or around you I feel you are a great asset and always kind.  I dislike your persistence to join all these people who hate us cause we play a different style of game than they do.  I don't think I've ever seen a single thread from us pounding hate on people who like to furball for hours to gain nothing, spend days at TT, or who are nothing but fighter jocks.  Our focus is OUR choice of gameplay.  It's really disrespectful to tell someone how to play who isn't by their own choice in your squad.  That and talking down to other people is definitely not what a person who values their 'honor and integrity' does.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 09:42:43 AM by Ten60 »
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2011, 10:07:15 AM »
I was going to read your post, but I'm going to auger to the other side of the BBS instead.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2011, 10:10:46 AM »
 :rofl

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2011, 10:27:06 AM »
I was going to read your post, but I'm going to auger to the other side of the BBS instead.

:lol It's your forum account, you can use it any way you like.  :aok

Don't let the bullies tell you any different!

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2011, 10:28:13 AM »
Defensive much? Good lord...it really was a simple question.  You'd be left to believe the real answer was Top-Secret Crypto
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2011, 10:31:06 AM »

It's hilarious how I saw the wall of text and did the same thing...

And nobody has answered to why all the other planes augered BEFORE the goons...
GameID:Count
The Misfit Toys
Quote from: Wreked
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2011, 10:36:32 AM »
Hmm.  They had two goons out front and landed.  They were spotted on the ground.  Folks then upped in the direction that the raid was more then likely coming from.  The lead guys spotted them low.  The raid then reversed and augered.  The goons upped and augered too.  Really kinda sad.

I was suspecting the NOE because the fact Rooks had over 30% of Bish fields (given the size of the map it can easily be said it was over 20%), I was joking around when I said I was taking bets on which base would be hit NOE by the Vguys, all sudden a Vtard was dropping radars, A24, A25, A22.

I took off figuring A25 and sure enough they had 2 Goons "landing" when I dove on them, both tried to bail and gave me the kill - When I flew out further to where I believed the NOE was - and sure enough thats when I screamed NOE - only to be confused when I seen a few turn around! First Set of 110s I dove on one bailed out and one Augered without even firing a shot.

Not sure what happened with the rest of the NOE, I actually flew over the main body, and was heading to the ones that turned around - thanks to vCryo for bailing out to let me know they were under me.
JG 52

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2011, 10:43:43 AM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2011, 10:44:58 AM »
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:47:20 AM by SunBat »
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2011, 11:07:05 AM »
It was the rest of the raid, coming in low over the water.  They had the means to fight back but augered instead.  The might have shot me down had they fought for the fun of it instead of doing the splash dance instead.

I've seen that myself; they stay in formation while you're shooting them down. I can't imagine looking over and watching people get towered and doing nothing about it. You know at a glance the few people that are in the mission that aren't in the vSquad, because they'll stay on target until it is silly to attempt to do so and will turn to fight.

This is a good example (daLemming from the old days would be so proud);

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!