Author Topic: vTards move Rook and start hiding the CV's  (Read 18206 times)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
Re: vTards move Rook and start hiding the CV's
« Reply #195 on: August 22, 2011, 12:29:47 AM »
GrimWulf......That was......enlightening
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #196 on: August 22, 2011, 07:56:17 AM »
Losing?  Can you even define my position?  And if so, can you provide an argument to it?  He's not even offered an argument to what I've said, but rather an argument to ho his own misquoted words.  I figure if he want's to make a fool of himself, who am I not to oblige?
Absolutely! Thoughout this thread you have attempted to defend the witnessed actions and continued SOP of the squad you are in.  Additionally, but to a lesser degree, you have attempted the same with regard to your own actions.  If anyone else sees his position differently, please speak up...I have no issue standing corrected.

And you are getting owned.

Friends?
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #197 on: August 22, 2011, 08:01:24 AM »
Grim...all I can say to that is wow....how embarrassing.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #198 on: August 22, 2011, 08:53:07 AM »
Absolutely! Thoughout this thread you have attempted to defend the witnessed actions and continued SOP of the squad you are in.  Additionally, but to a lesser degree, you have attempted the same with regard to your own actions.  If anyone else sees his position differently, please speak up...I have no issue standing corrected.

And you are getting owned.

Friends?

Please provide examples, quotes and thoughtful analysis...  Just cuz you say it don't make it so...
vNucks

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #199 on: August 22, 2011, 09:34:21 AM »
Folks are going to hide CV's regardless.

You can't fix stupid.

Trying to regulate this behavior goes beyond moderation of a company's sandbox by it's employees/volunteers and borders on the realm of babysitting.

The "Hey it is my $15" argument could go round and round.

What HTC should fix, however, is the magical immunity to attack that the one map provides in a particular location.  When it is rendered indestructible by these means, it most certainly takes it out of play semi-permanently and it becomes monopolized by one individual (whomever is commanding the fleet), until such time that it is removed from this state.

Let the children hide their toys but, by the same token, give the remainder of the paying customers the ability to try at the very least, attempt to retrieve it.

The way it stands now, one person can render the fleet unavailable with no chance of the other paying customers on the other two countries to have a chance of putting this particular tool back into play.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2011, 09:40:39 AM »

You can't fix stupid.

Trying to regulate this behavior goes beyond moderation of a company's sandbox by it's employees/volunteers and borders on the realm of babysitting.

The "Hey it is my $15" argument could go round and round.

What HTC should fix, however, is the magical immunity to attack that the one map provides in a particular location.  When it is rendered indestructible by these means, it most certainly takes it out of play semi-permanently and it becomes monopolized by one individual (whomever is commanding the fleet), until such time that it is removed from this state.

Let the children hide their toys but, by the same token, give the remainder of the paying customers the ability to try at the very least, attempt to retrieve it.

The way it stands now, one person can render the fleet unavailable with no chance of the other paying customers on the other two countries to have a chance of putting this particular tool back into play.

This I absolutely agree with!!!  If the effort ain't worth it, you don't deserve it... But if effort can't accomplish it, then something is wrong.

:aok :aok
vNucks

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2011, 09:53:06 AM »

You can't fix stupid.

I agreed the one CV bug has to be changed, whether putting the CV off map makes it return to port within 30 minutes or it just sits on the edge of the map in water, however hiding a CV is a valid tactic, I don't believe in putting the CV off where it can't be sunk, however with the other list of bugs like Jeeps that can enter Tanks, people are going to exploit this for as long as the game continues.

Rank however does enable most people to keep tards off the CV's - I don't really have any on the knights I would say "literally sink" the CV's - however there's always times when you have a nice furball going and a junior admiral decides to leave a VH up and puts the CV right over a PT spawn just to get kills in a 5 inch gun.

Most of the time people don't command CV's rather just put it into play because of all the childish crap they get when a CV gets sunk - "oh you put it in range of the shore battery" or "You didn't turn it when bombers were coming". Enough of the whining, take command and move it yourself or sit down and shut up. I hear it constantly on the Knights mainly because we don't bomb VH's or Shore batteries and look for someone to blame.

JG 52

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2011, 10:13:21 AM »
Please provide examples, quotes and thoughtful analysis...  Just cuz you say it don't make it so...
Please...this thread is loaded with it.  Just because you deny it doesn't mean you didn't do it.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2011, 10:18:56 AM »
A whole squad auguring because they got spotted? Holy crap, that's like, uh, the most rediculous and lame thing I've ever heard of. What kind of limp wristers are flying these days? Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2011, 10:20:16 AM »
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.

:rofl  :aok
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline COndor06

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.CondorAerial.com
« Reply #205 on: August 22, 2011, 10:21:32 AM »
I played AH for many years and have had the privilege of flying with a host of great guys. I left the community about a year ago for reasons and I won’t try and hijack this thread to explain.

My point being, there is still way to many adolescents in this game. Hiding CV’s would be the equivalent of taking all of your airplanes to the extreme side of the map so you don’t lose any.

If that were possible I am sure the same behavior would ensue do to the average mentality of these kinds of players all the while claiming “If the game allows you to do it then it’s an expectable strategy” whine.

I can tell you how to fix it though, not that it will ever get implemented. Place borders on the map for CV’s and once the CV crosses that line, the ENY for the supporting country continues to climb every 5 minutes until the CV is back in play.

I bet you would see a community effort to keep them in play.  
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:24:35 AM by COndor06 »
Be careful what you shoot at. Most things
in here don't react too well to bullets.
Captain Marko Ramius:

http://www.CondorAerial.com

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #206 on: August 22, 2011, 10:25:38 AM »
I had pitched this idea to CH a couple years ago but they didn't say much.  Just this past week they bought the idea from me, saying they now had a marketable consumer base in need of this most excellent product. 

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #207 on: August 22, 2011, 10:34:23 AM »
Please...this thread is loaded with it.  Just because you deny it doesn't mean you didn't do it.

I haven't bothered denying, I've simply asked you to support your claim... If as you say  "this thread is loaded with it" you should have no problem doing so.
vNucks

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #208 on: August 22, 2011, 10:45:22 AM »
1.) How many perk points do you get when you win "The War of Words" ?

2.) Whow decides whom has won ?

3.) What's wrong with you guys ?

4.) Aint this a great game ?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline COndor06

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.CondorAerial.com
« Reply #209 on: August 22, 2011, 10:59:26 AM »
In this world of constant change and financial roller coasters it is somewhat refreshing to come back to a community where some of its participants still remain unwavering to the continued request and contrary views of their fellow AH enthusiast.  

Be careful what you shoot at. Most things
in here don't react too well to bullets.
Captain Marko Ramius:

http://www.CondorAerial.com