Author Topic: Korea  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Korea
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2011, 05:33:56 PM »
B17s/B24s were chewed up in WW2 aswell when unsupported.

Not so much here in aces high.

They'd definitely get chewed up more because you'll have a jet that is faster than the jet we currently have and one that is able to perform excellently at the high altitudes the B-29 routinely flew, not to mention more hitting power.  The MiG would have a far easier time intercepting and engaging B-29s at high altitudes in game, without any of the negatives that currently holds back the ME 262.  It would be "Black Tuesday" all over again.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2011, 05:40:37 PM »
They'd definitely get chewed up more because you'll have a jet that is faster than the jet we currently have and one that is able to perform excellently at the high altitudes the B-29 routinely flew, not to mention more hitting power.  The MiG would have a far easier time intercepting and engaging B-29s at high altitudes in game, without any of the negatives that currently holds back the ME 262.  It would be "Black Tuesday" all over again.

ack-ack
But you have to take into account the fact that those mig15'ers were trained pilots who had their aim and flying abilities fine-tuned before ever being given their wings.

In AH, the majority of its numbers are casual players, Who arent in a squad that practice Gunnery or ACM's.  I personally find Gunning from a stationary platform(Buff guns) is easier than gunning from a manuevering aircraft.

Sure, there would be a few skilled jet pilots who could shoot the buffs down with ease. But the majority of the group would consist of 2-weeker-level of skill's pilots zooming around in Jets. They'll prob look at the mig15's armaments, and think its safe to dead 6 the b29s, etc,etc.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2011, 05:47:05 PM »
But you have to take into account the fact that those mig15'ers were trained pilots who had their aim and flying abilities fine-tuned before ever being given their wings.

In AH, the majority of its numbers are casual players, Who arent in a squad that practice Gunnery or ACM's.  I personally find Gunning from a stationary platform(Buff guns) is easier than gunning from a manuevering aircraft.

Sure, there would be a few skilled jet pilots who could shoot the buffs down with ease. But the majority of the group would consist of 2-weeker-level of skill's pilots zooming around in Jets. They'll prob look at the mig15's armaments, and think its safe to dead 6 the b29s, etc,etc.

The vast majority of players in AH have more virtual flight time than their real world counterparts nor is the majority made up of "2-weeker-level of skill", you're just applying your own skill level to the rest of us.  Just because you find it easier to aim from a bomber than a plane doesn't mean that's its true for anyone else.  My hit ratio is far higher in a fighter than it is in a bomber, so for me it's the opposite. 

ack-ack

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2011, 05:57:29 PM »
The vast majority of players in AH have more virtual flight time than their real world counterparts nor is the majority made up of "2-weeker-level of skill", you're just applying your own skill level to the rest of us.  Just because you find it easier to aim from a bomber than a plane doesn't mean that's its true for anyone else.  My hit ratio is far higher in a fighter than it is in a bomber, so for me it's the opposite. 

ack-ack
Oh yes ack, 10 yrs of nothing better to do with your life than play AH has turned you into a god of the game  ;)

As i said, there would be a Fewgood pilots who wouldn t have trouble dealing with the b29s. But the majority would. It wouldnt become the slaughter it did in Korea.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2011, 06:18:14 PM »
MiG-15 is moot.  90% of B-29 interceptions would be by F-86s.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2011, 08:03:35 PM »
 Korean arena = battle of the blackouts... :rofl

Unless HTC models "G"suits or raises the G limit{doubtful} the Korean planeset,whatever it would be,would be nothing more that trying to not blackout.

As much as I'd like to see this,I like alot of the planes involved,I could see interest fade quickly because of the constant blackouts.

:salute

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2011, 11:01:36 PM »
MiG-15 is moot.  90% of B-29 interceptions would be by F-86s.

Depending on which model...the early Sabres would have troubles intercepting a B-29 flying at high altitude whereas a MiG 15 wouldn't.  It wasn't until after teh E and F models was the Sabre able to fly at the high altitudes that the MiG 15 was.

Korea War arena with early Sabres = Most in MiG 15s

ack-ack

Offline USAF2010

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2011, 01:05:28 AM »
Korean arena = battle of the blackouts... :rofl

Unless HTC models "G"suits or raises the G limit{doubtful} the Korean planeset,whatever it would be,would be nothing more that trying to not blackout.

As much as I'd like to see this,I like alot of the planes involved,I could see interest fade quickly because of the constant blackouts.

I think that HTC would prepare for this and do as you said, either model G-suits or raise the G-limit. I mean c'mon, you really think all fights we're constant blackout anyhow????  :headscratch:
Defensor Fortis - Defenders of the Force
"INCOMING"

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2011, 01:24:01 AM »
Did G-suits exist in the 50s?
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2011, 01:29:06 AM »

I think that HTC would prepare for this and do as you said, either model G-suits or raise the G-limit. I mean c'mon, you really think all fights we're constant blackout anyhow????  :headscratch:

most people are going to yank their stick so hard that they will be blacking out and crashing every time.  by the 10th time it happens they're gonna say forget this and go back to the ma.  has anybody figure out which plane is going to carry the troops?  just curious to think how easy it will be to swoop down and kill one at 600 mph before he has a chance to say "is that a red con?"

korea for sure will be nothing more than a ww1 with jets and of course bigger maps.  korea was not really an air war that ww2 was.  not even close.  if we ever have one it will be empty as it wont be able to deliver the same level of fun as the ma.  you can dream all you want but it wont happen.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2011, 01:30:10 AM »
Did G-suits exist in the 50s?
Yes. They were experimented with during ww2. The british had a mk1 G-suit and some american pilots recieved mk 2 suits in 1944. They became known as bladder suits i believe due to water being used.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2011, 01:51:09 AM »
most people are going to yank their stick so hard that they will be blacking out and crashing every time.  by the 10th time it happens they're gonna say forget this and go back to the ma.  has anybody figure out which plane is going to carry the troops?  just curious to think how easy it will be to swoop down and kill one at 600 mph before he has a chance to say "is that a red con?"

korea for sure will be nothing more than a ww1 with jets and of course bigger maps.  korea was not really an air war that ww2 was.  not even close.  if we ever have one it will be empty as it wont be able to deliver the same level of fun as the ma.  you can dream all you want but it wont happen.

semp

I think the same people who will be crashing in the Korean war are crashing in WWII, it's not going to change for them.

Regarding the goon extra 200mph for fighters is not going to make a difference. They are easy to kill now, they will remain that way.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2011, 01:53:02 AM »
Yes. They were experimented with during ww2. The british had a mk1 G-suit and some american pilots recieved mk 2 suits in 1944. They became known as bladder suits i believe due to water being used.

Do you know what year they became operational with the USAF and US Navy?
Also does anyone know when Russians started using them?
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2011, 01:58:32 AM »
http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/G-suit

Fun read.

Just dont tell eskimojoe i posted that link, He'll come in here and tell you its not accurate since its from an astronomy site  :rolleyes:

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2011, 04:54:08 AM »

September of 1944 for the US and not sure if the Soviets used any at all during World War II like the rest of the Allies at the end.  Not even really sure then they started to use them, Communist MiG 15 pilots didn't have a g-suit which gave an advantage to the US pilots during the Korean War.

ack-ack