Author Topic: OBJ, ENY  (Read 1751 times)

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
OBJ, ENY
« on: September 08, 2011, 08:54:08 AM »
Can someone tell me specificaly what these are in the game.  I have asked several times for a deffinition for OBJ and never got an answer.

Can someone also tell me how the ENY system is worked out (how many perkies do you get with your ENY and enemy ENY)?  I know that it generaly works on a kill bassis of

you>nmy= more points
nmy>you= less points

Beyond that I'm clueless.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:03:54 AM by Blooz »
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: OBJ, ENY
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 09:32:08 AM »
man, math sucks but thank you for showing this to me.  now i know

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 09:41:11 AM »
man, math sucks

So do vacuum cleaners. But you can do a lot more useful things with math.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 09:59:50 AM »
So do vacuum cleaners. But you can do a lot more useful things with math.

Pfft... You clearly don't have the right vacuum cleaner
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 10:20:35 AM »

Can someone also tell me how the ENY system is worked out
ENY works on % (starts from 0,1,2... when you don't have planes below ENY value 5!) and its inefficiency is  growing exponentially with the number of players  in MA, it's just a useless too mild attempt for side balancing.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 10:24:58 AM by ghi »

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 12:02:55 PM »
Here are some examples of how the ENY score comes in to play:

You are in a F6F w/ an ENY of 15 and you shoot down an enemy Spitfire Mk XVI (Spit16) w an ENY of 5.  You just earned 3 perk points.  Oh, but wait.  Your country has a higher ratio of players comparatively and the modifier is .89 (shown on the hanger on the clipboard).  So take your 3 perk points you just earned and you get %89 of that, so your new score is 2.67 perk points.

Later on in the day....

You are in a P51D (5 ENY) and you get a kill on a P40B (40ENY), you just earned .125 perks for that kill.  Oh, but wait.  Your country is out numbered comparatively and has a 1.29 ENY modifier.  You new perk point award is: .161 perks.

The name of the game is the more gifted the plane is that you fly the less you earn in perk points.

OBJ scores work the same way but instead of earning perk points for shooting down a player, you earn perk points for destroying "OBJ" (objects), namely buildings, hangers, ammo bunkers, radar, fuel tanks, barracks, ack guns, etc.       
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 12:22:59 PM »
And just for completeness' sake, landing your plane also gives you a 25% perk point modifier.

So, if you're in a 20 ENY plane and you kill a 5 ENY plane and your perk multiplier at the time is 1.0, you score 4 points.  If you land your plane, you get 5 points instead of 4.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 01:15:00 PM »
And just for completeness' sake, landing your plane also gives you a 25% perk point modifier.

So, if you're in a 20 ENY plane and you kill a 5 ENY plane and your perk multiplier at the time is 1.0, you score 4 points.  If you land your plane, you get 5 points instead of 4.

Wiley.

You better double check that.  I thought it was %100 if you landed, then ditch, disco, captured, and killed all get progressively worse for scoring.  I thought the only way to increase it beyond %100 was the ENY modifier???   
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »
You better double check that.  I thought it was %100 if you landed, then ditch, disco, captured, and killed all get progressively worse for scoring.  I thought the only way to increase it beyond %100 was the ENY modifier???   

I'm reasonably certain how I stated it is how it works.  The only number I care about in the game is perks, so I watch it pretty closely.

I believe it's either safe landing or not a safe landing to have the 25% bonus applied.  I don't think it matters whether it's a ditch/capture/kill at all.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 02:52:17 PM »
That is for score, for perk points it works as he described it.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Raptor05121

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 03:18:44 PM »
Landed- 100%
Ditched- 75%
Bailed- 50%
Captured- 40%
Discoed- 25%
Killed- 25%
Crashed- 25%

OP- just keep in mind for OBJ- higher is better. A G4M Betty bomber with a couple of bombs @ 40OBJ is going to get a helluva lotta perks from bombing a town versus a B-29 with 20,000lbs of bombs becuase its OBJ is a measly 3
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 03:22:34 PM by Raptor05121 »
InGame: xRaptorx of the ***Alchemists***

Quote from: dirtdart
To suggest things that do not meet this basic criteria is equal to masturbation.  It may feel good to you, will not produce any tangible results, and you may be embarrassed if you get caught. 

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 03:36:34 PM »
I'm reasonably certain how I stated it is how it works.  The only number I care about in the game is perks, so I watch it pretty closely.

I believe it's either safe landing or not a safe landing to have the 25% bonus applied.  I don't think it matters whether it's a ditch/capture/kill at all.

Wiley.

http://www.hitechcreations.com/Help-Section/Aces-High-Features/aces-high-help-perk-points.html

Quote from: from the help page
Also, landing your sortie will apply a 1.25 multiplier to your perk points.

ditch/capture/killed/crashed would just get 1.00

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 05:20:29 PM »
Ah.  I didnt know that about the %125 perk bonus for landing.  That tells ya just how much I watch my own score and perk awards.   :D 

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 05:34:01 PM »
Perks are important.  That number gives an indication of how long I have to wait before I can blow up a 262 again. :)

Wiley.

JG11