Author Topic: New screen shot on aces high FB new tank comming  (Read 4987 times)

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: New screen shot on aces high FB new tank comming
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2011, 06:54:10 PM »
ive discussed with pyro before and he said months ago it would most likely need a small perk value to make up for its speed and punch...
i thought its gun was the one on the M4-76(w)? the speed obviously needs perking, maybe 2 perks but at max id say the m18 is going to be perked at maybe 14.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2011, 06:56:39 PM »
So, is it now time I can start harping for a D-11?    :D    :bolt:
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline dirt911

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2011, 07:11:29 PM »
Oh thats great now we perk tanks that can be killed by a .30 cal.

:bhead :furious :bolt: :headscratch: :mad: :( :cry :huh

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2011, 07:13:50 PM »
ive discussed with pyro before and he said months ago it would most likely need a small perk value to make up for its speed and punch...
If it's not, look out for this guy:
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2011, 07:18:04 PM »
Skorpion, you can litteraly see only the forward 6", the end of the gun barrel, and the barrel of a .50. You can't see the gun shield, you can't see the front. It could easily be the M10 (but I don't think so, given its similarity to the M4).

And IDK about the perk price. A single pass from a 109K and this thing should be turreted, engine killed, and possibly flat out dead.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2011, 07:23:33 PM »
Looks like Bar321 "wet dream" came trul.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2011, 07:24:40 PM »
Skorpion, you can litteraly see only the forward 6", the end of the gun barrel, and the barrel of a .50. You can't see the gun shield, you can't see the front. It could easily be the M10 (but I don't think so, given its similarity to the M4).

And IDK about the perk price. A single pass from a 109K and this thing should be turreted, engine killed, and possibly flat out dead.
if it was a M10 you would also be able to see the 2 rings on the sides of the turret shield. also, it would be as rounded and it would go out further. BTW a single pass from a 109E and its dead. no taters required :D

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2011, 07:32:03 PM »
2 rings on the side....? you cant even see the gun shield dude.

And no, 109E won't nessicarily kill it. It will probably be a bit tougher than an M8.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2011, 07:40:40 PM »
2 rings on the side....? you cant even see the gun shield dude.

And no, 109E won't nessicarily kill it. It will probably be a bit tougher than an M8.
the 2 rings went above the shield. just slightly though, about 1.5 CM

and the 109E with its 2 bb guns/cannons could easily kill it. heck even a P40B would kill it in a single pass.

Offline Stoliman

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2011, 07:44:00 PM »
Stupid question.....if the M18 has an open turret, wouldn't that appear to limit its gameplay here?  Meaning....any aircraft could come along and strafe it and kill the turret?  Please correct me if I misunderstand something here.
Tour 74-122:  Stoliman
Tour 123 - now:  Deke

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2011, 07:45:33 PM »
Stupid question.....if the M18 has an open turret, wouldn't that appear to limit its gameplay here?  Meaning....any aircraft could come along and strafe it and kill the turret?  Please correct me if I misunderstand something here.
a F2B could turret it with its single .303 if it hit the top.

Offline Raptor05121

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2011, 08:08:54 PM »
time to grab a Spit Mk.I and go perk hunting
InGame: xRaptorx of the ***Alchemists***

Quote from: dirtdart
To suggest things that do not meet this basic criteria is equal to masturbation.  It may feel good to you, will not produce any tangible results, and you may be embarrassed if you get caught. 

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2011, 08:09:13 PM »
M18 won't be killed by single P-40B passes. If M8s aren't than this M10 or M18 won't be either. M8 is supprisingly resiliant to straffing, given its weak armor. I've taken multiple 30mm  hits and gone off to land kills.

Skorpion, are you aware that 1.5cm would probably be below the edge of the turret, and therefore not seen in the picture?

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2011, 08:14:11 PM »
M18 won't be killed by single P-40B passes. If M8s aren't than this M10 or M18 won't be either. M8 is supprisingly resiliant to straffing, given its weak armor. I've taken multiple 30mm  hits and gone off to land kills.

Skorpion, are you aware that 1.5cm would probably be below the edge of the turret, and therefore not seen in the picture?
i said the rings would stick up ABOVE the turret about 1.5cm from that view. and the M8 is just a wee bit tougher than the M3. and even the M3 gets owned by a p40b.

Offline Raptor05121

• Nickel Member
InGame: xRaptorx of the ***Alchemists***

Quote from: dirtdart
To suggest things that do not meet this basic criteria is equal to masturbation.  It may feel good to you, will not produce any tangible results, and you may be embarrassed if you get caught.