Author Topic: New screen shot on aces high FB new tank comming  (Read 4983 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: New screen shot on aces high FB new tank comming
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2011, 08:30:35 PM »
You said they stick up about 1.5cm from the shield (wouldn't nessicarily be visble then).

And when was the last time you tried strafing an M8 dude? If they were that easy to kill, theres not a chance they would need a perking since a single aircraft could kill a couple dozen single handed.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2011, 08:31:33 PM »
You said they stick up about 1.5cm from the shield (wouldn't nessicarily be visble then).

And when was the last time you tried strafing an M8 dude? If they were that easy to kill, theres not a chance they would need a perking since a single aircraft could kill a couple dozen single handed.
last time i strafed a M8? not long ago. you must be firing at short range on the M8, as im killing it from d200 out when im shooting at around d800.

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2011, 08:58:06 PM »
 :rock
Kommando Nowotny "Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2011, 09:14:56 PM »
If you get a 12 second burst on him, yes, he'll die. But if hes smart, you'll only get a 2-3 second burst at most.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2011, 10:06:57 PM »
Baring getting stupid lucky, you aren't going to kill one with a Spitfire Mk I.  Go offline, set one of the tank drones to be an M8 and strafe away at it and see how long it takes to kill.

It probably won't like Il-2s or Hurricane Mk IIDs very much though.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2011, 10:29:49 PM »
Up yours haters!!!

:aok
                                  :neener:          :aok
                :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
             :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid
                :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
:noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid
 :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid
:noid :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :noid
  :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid

P.S. HTC i love you!!! :bolt:

Squad name now going to be the 20th Armored Division? :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2011, 10:53:24 PM »
ive discussed with pyro before and he said months ago it would most likely need a small perk value to make up for its speed and punch...

Its "punch" will be the same as the M4/76mm (same exact ammo) and its speed will be just a wee bit more than the M3, however the armor will be hardly different than the M8.  I bet it wont have much of a perk cost assigned, it is too fragile and speed it really all it can rely on.  Once it stops it is as good as dead if another tank gets a round off on it.

EDIT: Just an FYI: the M18 has 13mm of armor all the way around the hull (front, sides, top, rear), and the turret has 25mm all the way around with another 19mm up front on the mantlet.  The M8 has 19mm/16mm on the front hull, and 9mm all the way around the rest of the vehicle. So it isnt going to be difficult to knock this thing out with accurate MG fire from above.  Oh, and did I mention the open turret?  Same fixed 5X main gun sight as the M4/76mm.  Anyone know what the turret traverse rate was?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:24:23 PM by SmokinLoon »
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2011, 11:18:49 PM »
Hell, you can knock this thing out with the pintle gun if you're good. I'll laugh my arse off the first time I see BAR sigh on 200 about  how his M18 isn't as great as he thought it would be.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2011, 11:48:11 PM »
Hell, you can knock this thing out with the pintle gun if you're good. I'll laugh my arse off the first time I see BAR sigh on 200 about  how his M18 isn't as great as he thought it would be.

I think it will be a case of people loving it or hating it.  It will not be a dueling tank, it cant not stand and duke it out, it has to be able to "shoot-n-scoot" or else it will get sent back to the hanger.  Count on it.

It will either be a camper's delight (rapid deployment), or a very valuable asset in legit group tank battles where they can make a wide sweeping flaking maneuver and get in position for a side shot.  Otherwise, it is simply an M4/76mm with very thin armor if it move to up to a skirmish line.  The M3/75's were a pain in the arse for a bit of time after they showed up, but they've backed off quite a bit.  The M18, depending on the perk price, could prove to be more of a pain in the arse too until the "new" wears off.

It will be fun to have, I've always said it would add something AH does not currently have: a fast, lightly armored, hard hitting gv.  Add in the fact that it is very susceptible to having its turret knocked out by aircraft, it is not going to replace anything.  It will be something to be deployed only if a few things are apparent: other gv support, room to use the speed, and minimal enemy aircraft threat.  This wont be a "cement hugger" like the Kiing Tiger, etc.     ;)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2011, 01:06:21 AM »
IDK about you guys, but I'm thinking the M8 will see a lot of use as a TD-Buster. ENY at 35 and a new, very common (initally) tank that it can easily kill. I think I'm going to quadruple my perk balance.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2011, 01:11:12 AM »
IDK about you guys, but I'm thinking the M8 will see a lot of use as a TD-Buster. ENY at 35 and a new, very common (initally) tank that it can easily kill. I think I'm going to quadruple my perk balance.

Nope, M18 or m10
JG 52

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2011, 01:26:27 AM »
I think it will be a case of people loving it or hating it.  It will not be a dueling tank, it cant not stand and duke it out, it has to be able to "shoot-n-scoot" or else it will get sent back to the hanger.  Count on it.

It will either be a camper's delight (rapid deployment), or a very valuable asset in legit group tank battles where they can make a wide sweeping flaking maneuver and get in position for a side shot.  Otherwise, it is simply an M4/76mm with very thin armor if it move to up to a skirmish line.  The M3/75's were a pain in the arse for a bit of time after they showed up, but they've backed off quite a bit.  The M18, depending on the perk price, could prove to be more of a pain in the arse too until the "new" wears off.

It will be fun to have, I've always said it would add something AH does not currently have: a fast, lightly armored, hard hitting gv.  Add in the fact that it is very susceptible to having its turret knocked out by aircraft, it is not going to replace anything.  It will be something to be deployed only if a few things are apparent: other gv support, room to use the speed, and minimal enemy aircraft threat.  This wont be a "cement hugger" like the Kiing Tiger, etc.     ;)

Like many things in the Main Arena, it has to be deployed in a certain situation same for most Low end eny aircrafts in the LWA. Sure you can up a P40b and fly around, it doesn't mean it will last - however in a typical horde setting it will fly just fine. The M18/M10 would do quite nicely as long as it has air support, close GV support and no I-16s around to disable it.

One thing I do agree is that it would not be a cement hugger. Whether its the M10 or M18, both would be used rather then the typical "lets sit on cement and shoot a few rounds till someone pings us with a 37mm then land".

I am not sure about using an M18 for camping a spawn, paper thin armor even an M8 laughs at, its tough to clamp down a spawn unless you got serious armor like a Panther/Tiger which can dominate a spawn on its own - even an M18 can't break through unless the "camper" is new.

The M18 has its purpose in Aces High, we can argue the attributes it has all night long, someone will still up it regardless for enjoyment and fun as I have been upping the I-16 for the last few days, although horribly slow in the late war arena - I still have fun watching spitfires try to out turn me.

May get 1 kill and die 100 times, but I am having fun as I pay for :)

JG 52

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2011, 02:35:57 AM »
[Sarcasm]Oh another tank. That's splendid. Exactly what I was hoping for[/Sarcasm]   :cry

Happy for You 321Bar
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2011, 03:27:25 AM »
Nope, M18 or m10
Butcher,

Your response doesn't make sense.  He is saying the M8 will be a great M18 hunter and will rack up the perk points on it.  He is probably right.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2011, 04:22:10 AM »

Watch out for Wrongway in the 75mm M3 too.
Retired