Author Topic: World of Tanks Developers pissing me off  (Read 3626 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: World of Tanks Developers pissing me off
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2011, 10:25:17 PM »
Cool story bro. Why even join the thread if all you're going to do is bash the games? We're sorry you suck at the game(s). Infact, if you suck at it, you need help as it is mindless.

You play a mindless game, congratulations. Get back to grinding boy!

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2011, 03:25:46 AM »
WoT isn't perfect but it can be a lot of fun, especially when platooned up with AHers. Stoney and myself just got out of playing 2 games in which we combined for 19 kills, and we did it because of good teamwork. The game is totally arcade compared to AH but it's face paced action appeals to me.

(Yes I'm bragging.)  :D

Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2011, 03:32:53 AM »
So how is a Luftwhiner called when he complaines about Wermacht tanks? Werwhiner?

:devil
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2011, 05:18:44 AM »
i <3 su85
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2011, 06:07:24 AM »
You play a mindless game, congratulations. Get back to grinding boy!
I don't need to grind anymore, I'm where I want to be and had fun getting there.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2011, 06:24:02 AM »
You still have to damage them if ya dont pierce their armor it's no good. I got in a battle tonight with a pz38 na. There was 1 tier 9 heavy, some heavies and TD tier VI to VIII(somthing like 8-12 of em) and some arty tier IV, V. I'm in a light tank tier IV. I know I got some higher tier equipement on it but I cannot even damage the bulk of the opponent with the 5cm. It's constantly like that. I dont mind dying in the game, but give me a fighting chance. The matchmaker IS, indeed, FUBAR. No question. It also seems to be worse in the prime time. early evening and morning it's much more fair. Or maybe it's based on how you do in your previous match. Give you a few battles in which you'll do good then dump you in the meat grinder. I dunno. Cannot figure it out for the life of me.

"Little Timmy, you see there is this invention called HE.    It does damage with every single hit."  I swear some of you slappies, whine about WOT, for the simple sake of whining.    But the reason for your whining, is merely lack of knowledge.

Even in Beta I had Spikes laughing in my PIII, when I killed a Ferdy which was at 25%, with HE.    I also got into the Luchs because of that battle.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline PuppetZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2011, 07:27:17 AM »
My dear MasherBrum, I'm quite sure you've never seen me. The qualificative 'little' cannot apply to me in any way :D.

I did know about the HE shell. You do think it's fair for a tier IV to get 1 shotted by a tier IX? The developers do have an upgrade coming for the matchmaker Q1 2012 so I'll just keep playing and hope for the best. I like this game. Really. Graphics are nice, fast paced action and all. Being outwitted and/or outmaneuvered by a smarter opponent is one thing. Being pwnd because I get thrown in a match where I don't belong is another.

That's the last you'll ear from me on that.

Carry on.

:salute
LCDR. Frank 'PuppetZ' Perreault, Squadron intelligence officer

VF-17 Jolly Rogers
'Kids, you tried and failed miserably. The lesson is : never try'

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2011, 07:47:40 AM »
"Little Timmy, you see there is this invention called HE.    It does damage with every single hit."  I swear some of you slappies, whine about WOT, for the simple sake of whining.    But the reason for your whining, is merely lack of knowledge.

Even in Beta I had Spikes laughing in my PIII, when I killed a Ferdy which was at 25%, with HE.    I also got into the Luchs because of that battle.   
And I have had HE shot do absolutely no damage to higher tier tanks.  So they are not the answer to everything.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2011, 07:55:49 AM »
precisely. doing 0.5% per shot is pointless. You're better off not drawing attention to yourself.

Want to know a matchmaker fubar? Putting T1 heavy tanks and M6 heavy tanks against IS-7's . In such high tier even a medium like the pershing will completely dominate the T1 and M6... in less than 4 shots. In return, the T1 and M6 cant hope to do more than 5% hp damage to those mediums before they die.

the matchmaker is seriously fubar'd.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2011, 09:44:36 AM »
Keep crying.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2011, 11:14:40 AM »
And I have had HE shot do absolutely no damage to higher tier tanks.  So they are not the answer to everything.
M4 sherman+105mm HE Derp gun= fun times. Had alot of luck with that gun against High Tier tanks (nocked out Tigers and IS's with it, Had some trouble with KV's and T30s tho)

The game overall is broken tho. and the devs just make empty promises then get angry at anyone who asks when their gonna get their (crap) together.

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2011, 12:33:22 PM »
not to mention my StPz-2 (tier3) is getting matched up with T-29's (tier 8)

that is bullcrap...

Arty always gets matched up higher because all it does is just sit in the back anyway.  Also t-29s are tier 7.
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2011, 01:21:17 PM »
WoT is free... Fellow AHers to fight with against the WoTers... Upgrades and such... Reminds me of Navy Field... Possibly I might find that appealing...
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2011, 03:16:56 PM »
Your quote and the previous post of which I quoted, are polar opposites.     If you aren't "in it for the XP or credits", then why worry about ANYTHING?    This makes absolutely no sense.

if you read the last quote, i said id like to be paired up with some even teams. my StPz-2 isnt going to do more than 10% damage on a tier-8 tank. sure it wont 1 hit a tier 4/5 but at least that way they have the chance to kill someone.

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2011, 03:54:04 PM »
if you read the last quote, i said id like to be paired up with some even teams. my StPz-2 isnt going to do more than 10% damage on a tier-8 tank. sure it wont 1 hit a tier 4/5 but at least that way they have the chance to kill someone.

I do agree that the matchmaker "can" be horrible at times, however, at other times I love it when it puts my S35 up against a lot of tier one tanks. Nothing annoys me more than my Leo being put in a match with mostly Tier 8s and no arty.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF