Author Topic: Best fights of your AH carreer  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
Re: Best fights of your AH carreer
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 01:43:46 PM »
Have not had it yet...

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 05:54:14 PM »
The one where I pwned the missus and got the full CH setup (Fighterstick, Throttle, Pedals) and TrackIR.  :D

Only surpassed by another sortie where I got a new home-built and 24" widescreen.  :banana:
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 06:09:49 PM »
Two...

Perdweeb in his 190D and me in a 51D. Few minutes of stall, etc then I ran out of gas and he kills me. I had my chance but missed an earlier kill shot. Very even fight till then, which speaks of his skill in a Dora. The 51D outturns all Doras but his.

Second, about a year ago I was in a Spit16 at 15K, came across 4 51D's. I had about 2k on them. 4 v 1, when it was over only 2a Ponys made it home, as did I. I was happy.

A third was a squadie Corpse and I get bounced. 4 v 2. Starts at 20k, ends on the deck. When its over Corpse has 2 kills with the other 2 running home. I had both assists but an awesome 4 v 2.

Boo
Loose Deuce
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Vuokko

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 07:06:38 PM »
In Yak against wmaker in 109. CT and map was Finrus. Year 2003 (or -04/05).

It was the first time I could put up a decent 1 vs 1 fight against wmaker. Lost the fight but who cares.
Lentotaitoahan minulla ei koskaan ole ollut - vaan eipä sitä taida AH'n kaltasissa airquakeissa paljoa tarvitakaan. On toi reaktionopeus ollu aina aika heikko.

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 08:21:36 PM »
The one where I pwned the missus and got the full CH setup (Fighterstick, Throttle, Pedals) and TrackIR.  :D

I am still working on a strategy for this attack, I have not as of yet found the right angles to initiate this attack, my SA lacks clear insight and humbly request battle field tactics used by the fore mentioned warrior.

HL

Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 08:34:27 PM »
probably any fights against debrody in 109's :D

when it looked like i had the upper hand hed just zing a magic 20mm into me from nowhere :furious

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 08:46:37 PM »
There have been many but here's one I posted several years ago along with responses from my combatant.

Favorite of my career?  I honestly can't remember them all but I had a memorable fight about a month ago. 

I got a clean merge in my Spit 16 with a 109 (don't remember which model).  We turned and played for angles for a while at 10-15K.  I was gaining ground on him.  He was pretty good in that 109 but I knew I could beat him.  Just keep playing the angles and he'll be mine I thought. 

Suddenly he broke and I chased him into a defensive spiral (a rolling scissors going straight down).  As we danced at full speed headed to the deck I was near blackout.  Just the slightest "window" of visibility in the center of my screen.  I've got to keep him in sight I thought but knew that pushing any harder would cause an extended blackout sending me plummeting to earth in what would have probably been the fastest straightest lawn dart ever.  Worse yet I knew he was faster than me in a dive and now my sure kill might be slipping away from me.  My airframe started to shudder adding to my anxiety but I hadn't totally lost sight yet.

Just then he made another sudden move.  He broke into a slight climb about 2K over the deck.  By now my heart was racing and I was thinking just a quarter turn more and I can follow but I can't push it any harder or this thing's gonna break apart.  Finally.  I broke, almost in total blackout, my plane barely willing to respond to controls thinking God, I hope I haven't lost him.

As I leveled and regained sight I was 600 on his six.  I opened fire and hit  taking him down instantly.

Once in the defensive spiral that whole chase probably lasted about 10-15 seconds but it felt like a lifetime.  I don't remember who it was but that was one fun fight.

I am pretty sure that was me BaldEagl. I was in a109 K4. It was a good fight. I could not get you locked in for the kill. You got position on me and all I could do was go defensive and hope you would make a mistake. I was going nuts. I remember saluteing you on 200 after the engagement. Your a good Stick:aok

Thanks.  It probably was you because I think it was a K4.  That fight sticks out in my mind for several reasons beyond your obvious ability.

1.  Not many pilots actually use the defensive spiral.
2.  When one does the attacker usually decides to hold alt and not to follow.
3.  If 1 and 2 are met, the defender usually chops throttle hoping for the overshoot.

The fun part was that we did it at full speed.  What an adrenaline rush.  <S>.

BTW, were you nearing blackout like I was?  It seemed you had a lot better control but it might have just been the difference in planes.

Yes! In that ride I am always pushing the plane to the limit. I remember that fight because we were constantly trying to get position on each other and I finally burned up all my e riding the flaps trying to stay inside the spiral. It was a great fight! <S>:rofl
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 08:53:54 PM »
I could have been good at this game, to not have run, vultch, HO, cherry pick, ram, stick-stir, etc.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 09:01:17 PM »
agreed on flying against the vets.

a fw nights ago I had a 1v1 with an F4U (and there are some very scary F4Us out there) in a K4, he/she started with an alt advantage 2K and a fair bit of E, worked up to co e around 12k and then down from there to the deck in a series of 7 high e merges with him taking shots here and there and finally after a sharp scissor I got him with 3 rounds of 30mm.   I can never get over watching planes that have been cut in two trying to fly. . .

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline TEXAS20

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 12:19:20 AM »
I have to give a shout out to Buldog2!  We went round and round about 3 years ago.  I was in a G14 and he in his spit16.  We were on the deck low and slow for about 10 minutes. We rolled in scissors and missed shots repeatedly!  Great fun and my best AH fight ever in the MA.  Other than that I will have to say JunkyII in the DA was my best fight.
The rules are simple:  Don't be a dick.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2011, 01:07:37 AM »
About a year and half ago. I was flying my usual P-47D-25 killing GVs left and right. After completing my bomb run, I got jumped by a Yak-9, forgot who was flying it. He kept picking me, but i manage to avoid getting hit. After about the eight times, he end up loosing his "E" and E nailed him right in the engined. Let him fly home, but another Yak-9 showed up. Same thing, but a little different ending-me going into the ground.

Another time, in the P-47D-25. Got done taking down FH. On the way out, spotted a knight buddy in trouble so I helped him out. Took out the con but then a La-9 jumped me. Not sure how I manage this but performed a low yo-yo. He could not hold on to the stall and end in-front of me. Few short burst ended his flight. Then, a 190D-9 jumped me a few seconds later. Once again, low yo-yo to a scissors. He too could not hold on to a low speed and right in front of me.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2011, 01:07:44 AM »
vOid from 1st Guns, he was flying a 109F, doesn't matter what I flew he out flew it, I know for a fact nobody else out flew him either.

I've flown against Bruv, shawk, grizz although every one is a good pilot - I never seen anyone master every aircraft with perfect precision in any situation as vOid.

From personal Experience he was in a 109F and I was in a Spit16 - we went round and round after the merge, neither Ho'ing but attempted to gain the advantage, a friendly came in with a Typhoon and it was now 1vs2.
void would stay Vertical as would I, neither would Ho unless we had an advantage over the other. Still nobody would Ho, a friendly Typhoon joined the fight and made the normal *400 mph Ho Passes* and it didn't work, we would go round and round even more while he was dodging Ho passes.

I ran out of Fuel, same for vOid, the tiffy came down and picked him while he was dry - he was so frustrated he logged, but I finally asked him how he beat me - he flat out said "I cheet".

Most knits know i say this to the good knit pilots, but in reality - he beat my butt so bad I know for a fact Bruv or Grizz couldn't come close to what vOid did, last I heard he was getting married to a Chef in Berlin and thats the last I seen him.

JG 52

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2011, 02:02:10 AM »
This is a pretty common conclusion after having to chase a fighter who dives 27,000 feet down for help instead of trying to maneuver.

That green icon is a ground vehicle.

This is pretty common as well.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 02:07:33 AM by icepac »

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2011, 02:04:13 AM »
This is a pretty common conclusion after having to chase a fighter who dives 27,000 feet down for help instead of trying to maneuver.

(Image removed from quote.)

hordes...there the worst when it comes to what they seem to do best.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2011, 02:05:08 AM »
Oh man. This is tough.

Either against Tongs in a Ki 61 whilst I in G-14. Fighting to evade guns and canyon walls for 6 mins or my G-6 vs Sukov's P-51D in a snapshot.

I'd have to say these two come to mind when I think of best fight. I think the Tongs fight ended with one of us bein picked. Sukov won the other.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com