Author Topic: DFC Ladder Challenge and results  (Read 21103 times)

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
Re: DFC Ladder Challenge and results
« Reply #150 on: October 05, 2011, 05:41:07 PM »
sry man i'm gonna have to decline.
Never mind, i just read the rules, i guess i cant decline.

Question for INK,
Can i still fight him even though with a win over slimmer I would be over 3 spots ahead of him?
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: October 05, 2011, 05:51:19 PM »
Never mind, i just read the rules, i guess i cant decline.

Question for INK,
Can i still fight him even though with a win over slimmer I would be over 3 spots ahead of him?

you can mutually waive a challenge, you know? gentleman's agreements all around.  in any case, challenges are limited to the up to 3 rungs above.  not sure who you were replying to, but you're currently 22nd...

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: October 05, 2011, 05:57:59 PM »
you can mutually waive a challenge, you know? gentleman's agreements all around.  in any case, challenges are limited to the up to 3 rungs above.  not sure who you were replying to, but you're currently 22nd...

Ace8 who is ranked 28 challenged me when i was ranked 25. Now than I'm ranked 22nd and he's still ranked 28 would we be able to fight?
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline slimmer

• Copper Member
« Reply #153 on: October 05, 2011, 06:02:28 PM »
gf sunsfan <S>
Member: Hot Soup Mafia -chokin chickin noodle
 Army of Muppets

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: October 05, 2011, 06:07:11 PM »
Ace8 who is ranked 28 challenged me when i was ranked 25. Now than I'm ranked 22nd and he's still ranked 28 would we be able to fight?

nope... you moved too fast. <mutters about running alt monkeys...>  :neener:

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #155 on: October 05, 2011, 06:14:12 PM »
nope... you moved too fast. <mutters about running alt monkeys...>  :neener:

Thanks thats what I thought.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: October 05, 2011, 06:34:07 PM »
These are "rules" insofar as much as we make them into RULES... for the most part these are guidelines and whatever can be mutually agreed upon is fine.  :aok

when we get a forum this will be part of the "rules"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: October 05, 2011, 06:39:43 PM »
thats why challenges need to be recorded by date...if he challenged you when you were within three rungs...that challenge takes precedence over any other challenge that may come after....

so technically Shane is wrong...if he challenged you FIRST that challenge stands over any others after.

so suns....if Ace 8 challenged you before the slimmer challenge...and you did not decline it has to be fought....I see you did post a decline...what for? if for the right reasons...IE you already challenged Slimmer....then no you do not have to do the duel, but if he challenged you before the slimmer challenge then yes you need to do the duel.

also....the only reason to decline a challenge is if you are involved in a challenge already....if "life" is keeping you from that moment set up a suitable time...or the challenger can with draw his challenge if that time is not suitable for them.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 06:51:15 PM by ink »

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: October 05, 2011, 06:43:58 PM »
Remember, Ink called me out, but i was asking for a day to sleep a bit.
Irish was dueling with someone, so he moved forward, between me and ink, yet my duel with ink was valid couse when he asked, i was only 3 ahead.
If Ace asked you, Suns, before you were calling out Slimmer, i "think" Ace has the rights to duel with you.
AoM
City of ice

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: October 05, 2011, 06:44:40 PM »
It could be as simple as stating the current ladder positions when issueing a challange.

Example: I, Devil 505 (13), challange Changeup (10) to a duel.

that being said,
I, Devil 505 (13), challange Changeup (10) to a duel. To the death!

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #160 on: October 05, 2011, 06:52:11 PM »
Remember, Ink called me out, but i was asking for a day to sleep a bit.
Irish was dueling with someone, so he moved forward, between me and ink, yet my duel with ink was valid couse when he asked, i was only 3 ahead.
If Ace asked you, Suns, before you were calling out Slimmer, i "think" Ace has the rights to duel with you.

correct :aok

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: October 05, 2011, 06:59:53 PM »
thats why challenges need to be recorded by date...if he challenged you when you were within three rungs...that challenge takes precedence over any other challenge that may come after....

so technically Shane is wrong...if he challenged you FIRST that challenge stands over any others after.

so suns....if Ace 8 challenged you before the slimmer challenge...and you did not decline it has to be fought....I see you did post a decline...what for? if for the right reasons...IE you already challenged Slimmer....then no you do not have to do the duel, but if he challenged you before the slimmer challenge then yes you need to do the duel.

also....the only reason to decline a challenge is if you are involved in a challenge already....if "life" is keeping you from that moment set up a suitable time...or the challenger can with draw his challenge if that time is not suitable for them.

I just didn't want to wait untill Sat. to get some duels in.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: October 05, 2011, 07:03:18 PM »
I just didn't want to wait untill Sat. to get some duels in.

I would say you still are obligated  to his challenge then.

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #163 on: October 05, 2011, 07:04:03 PM »
Thats fine with me

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #164 on: October 05, 2011, 07:20:13 PM »
I suppose in an effort to improve my standing I'll need to challenge SEseph to a duel   :joystick:

:salute  Nish

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too