Author Topic: Eighth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 11721 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Eighth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« on: October 02, 2011, 08:15:50 PM »
Here we are again in the middle of our third year.  When I started this I never expected it to last this long.  As always, thanks to everyone who's participated in the past or who's about to participate for the first time.

The tournament has evolved over time.  Rules have been added, always in response to a situation that arose during a prior tournament.  We shouldn't have to push the rules here or argue or bicker over percieved injustices.  This event is about having fun and doing so in the spirit of good sportsmanship so let's try to keep it that way.  I'd personally rather strip the rules back to the basics and may do that for the next edition.

That said, there are a couple of rules modifications for this tournament:

- lowered the merge alt to 7.5K and modified the merge ceiling and floor rules.
- modified the quarterfinal forward film rules.

Make sure you read and understand the rules which are located in the next post.

Once again it's nice to see new names joining us this time around.  Welcome to the tournament.  The final roster is below sorted by in-game name which are also used in the bracket.  Cross reference this list to get the person't BBs name so you can use PM to arrange your duels.  Make sure I got your information correct and don't forget, if you change your in-game or BBs names suring the tournament you need to post here so we know who you are.

In-Game   -   BBs      

4Fox   -   Fox      
AAJagerX   -   AAJagerX      
Ace8   -   STXAce8      
akELFY   -   DOUG       
Amsoil   -   Amsoil21      
Babalon   -   Babalonian      
BaldEagl   -   BaldEagl - Administrator
batfinkv   -   mechanic       
Boo   -   mthrockmor      
Cursed   -   Qrsu      
Debrody   -   Debrody      
Devil5O5   -   Devil 505       
Dirtdart   -   Dirtdart      
DMGOD   -   DMGOD      
DrSpek   -   ACE      
FLS   -   FLS      
gus   -   gusman      
haxxor   -   dkff49 - Review Committee
horble   -   horble      
HOtard   -   hotard      
INK   -   ink       
JOACH1M   -   JOACH1M      
JoeTools   -   A8TOOL      
Krupnski   -   Krupinski      
Loxy   -   Gemini      
LTARkilz   -   kilz - Review Committee
Melvin1   -   Melvin      
Mesen256 -   Mesen256      
NatCigg   -   NatCigg      
Nishizwa   -   ARSNishi       
perdweeb -   perdue3      
PFactorD   -   PFactorDave      
prono   -   prono      
Raptor29   -   Raptor05121      
Rebel   -   GNucks      
Rush   -   -Rush-      
Scotch   -   Scotch      
SEseph   -   SEseph      
Shane   -   Shane      
shiv   -   shiv      
Simon   -   Simon      
SirNuke   -   Noir      
Slash27   -   Slash27      
Sukov   -   kilo2      
SunsFan   -   sunfan1121      
Symitar   -   B4Buster       
TC   -   TequilaChaser - Review Committee
Vinkman    -   Vinkman       
Warthog   -   AceHavok      
Wiley   -   Wiley      
Yarbles   -   Yarbles      
Zoney   -   Zoney      

As always, a special thanks to the review committee volunteers.

As to the bracket itself we were twelve players short of filling it so that gave twelve people byes in the fisrt round.  You have a week (until noon CDT next Sunday) to get your duels in and results posted.  Remember the loser has to post results.  You may also want to review the rules regarding posting deadlines to avoid a forfeit if you're having trouble getting your duels arranged.

Here's the first round match-ups.  Good luck to all:

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 08:19:14 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Eighth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 08:17:01 PM »
RULES

· Setting up the Bracket

- Brackets will be determined by random draw of names produced by a random number generator in MS Excel.
- If the number of players exceeds a full round I will work them into the bracket although they will have to fly one more round than other players.  They will be chosen randomly and disbursed evenly through pre-selected slots in the bracket to achieve balance at the nearest bracket root(s).
- If a player changes their in-game or BBs name during the tournament they must either post that change in the bracket and results thread or PM me with the change.
- The initial bracket will be posted on Sunday, October 2 and each Sunday thereafter until a winner has been determined.

· General Tournament Rules

- Duels must be arranged between the players by PM, IM, e-mail or other means to take place by noon CST/CDT Sunday following each bracket update (6 days).
- Duels will be best of three until the quarterfinal round.  The quarterfinal and semifinal rounds will be best of five with the final round to determine a champion being best of seven.
- First duel plane selection will be assigned using a random number generator to select from all available fighter and fighter/attack aircraft (except the Me163 and Me262).  This will be done individually for each set of duelers.
- During the elimination rounds the loser of each duel selects the aircraft for the next duel.  This allows the loser to pick his/her best aircraft to get back into contention and if it goes three rounds each player will have had one plane selection.  From the quarterfinals forward the player who is behind in the series chooses the next duel aircraft.  This means they could choose as many as three times consecutively in the quarterfinal or semifinal rounds or four times consecutively in the final round to try to get back into contention (they lose the first and second duels then win the third making it 1-2 and get to choose for the third time for instance).  If the series becomes tied at any point then the loser of the last duel chooses.
- All duels will take place in the DA canyon area.
- All duelists will fly in F1 view mode (in-cockpit).
- All duels will be 25% fuel load out with player’s choice of gun package and convergence.  Firing off ammo prior to engagement is allowed (it’s impractical to review everyone’s films for violations in the early rounds).
- All merges will be guns cold (no firing until you have passed your opponent's 3/9 line).
- All merges will be co-alt at 7.5K until within icon range at which point a merge break can begin.  Players should expeditiously climb to altitude and observe a 7.5K hard ceiling and a 7.0K hard floor prior reaching icon range.
- Once one player has been shot down and the other receives a kill message the duel ends.  There is no need to land.

· Posting Results

- The losing player will post in this thread after the duel series in the following format:

Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner (if needed)

- The loser posting is a means to verify that the results are uncontested.  If the loser hasn't posted by the deadline then the winner may post the results but they will be deemed contested and films will be required to verify the win.
- This information must be posted by no later than 12:00 noon CST/CDT (as appropriate) Sunday following the posting of the updated bracket so that I can get the brackets updated and re-posted on Sunday afternoon/evening.

· Special Circumstances Affecting the Outcome of a Duel

- In the case of a draw (both run out of fuel for instance) that duel will be re-fought using the same aircraft.
- In the case of a collision:
 o If only one player collides (only one gets the collision message) the duel continues.
 o If both players collide (both get the collision message) the duel immediately ends and will be re-started in the same planes.
- Ditching or bailing constitutes forfeiture of the duel.
- The intent is for players to remain in close proximity to one another (2-3K max).  That said if at any time the players lose icon range on one another the duel ends immediately and will be re-started using the same planes.  This should allow a dueler to simply turn away from a runner to nullify the duel.
- If an uninvited third party interrupts the duel the duel is immediately ended and will be re-started using the same plane.  The dueling participants may move to another mutually agreed upon set of fields in the DA in this instance.
- If a player experiences technical and/or equipment issues the duel will continue.  After the duel that player will be allowed fifteen minutes to correct such issues and re-log to complete any remaining duels in the series.  If he does not or is unable to re-log within 15 minutes he will lose any remaining duels by default.
- If a player disco’s the duel will be re-fought in the same planes as soon as the discoing player re-logs.  If he does not or is unable to re-log within 15 minutes he will lose the duel series by default.  A second disco by the same player in a duel series will result in forfeiture of the remaining duels in that series.

· Forfeitures

- If a player does not show within 15 minutes of the arranged time they forfeit the series.  In that case the winner by default must post a message confirming the arranged duel time or otherwise verify that a duel had been arranged.
- If a duel cannot be arranged between two players each player will have a chance to post the circumstances in the Bracket and Results thread prior to the posting deadline.  If only one player posts and it is clear that they are making an attempt to arrange their duel then that player will advance, provided their post was at least 48 hours prior to the round closing deadline. If both players post and it is clear that the issue lies with only one player then the player not at fault will advance.  If it is unclear which player is at fault, if neither player posts, or if a single player posts inside the 48 hour window then a random draw will determine which player advances.  In the case of neither player posting, no player will be allowed to advance more than one round via forfeit. 

· Filming

- Both players will film all duels from take-off in case of a dispute.  These films must be saved until at least noon on the Tuesday following the duel or until 48 hours after the end of any granted extension in case of a dispute.  If a dispute arises then the films must be saved until such dispute is settled.
- From the quarterfinal round forward results must be verifiable therefore films to substantiate the win must be posted by the winning player for all duels from that round forward.  This means only films of the wins must be posted but it’s preferred that all films are posted.  This also allows for film study by those hoping to improve their skills.  Failure of the winning player to post substantiating films in these rounds will result in the win being awarded to that player’s opponent who must then post all of their films.  Failure of the opponent to post films within 24 hours of such a determination will result in the original winner being reinstated. 
- Films may be posted in any round if both participants agree.

· Disputes

- Each player has the opportunity to review films of their duels for potential rules violations.  If a player suspects a rules violation they can petition the review committee via PM.  Both regular and alternate committee members, the tournament administrator and the opposing player must be copied on the petition (the review committee members, alternates and administrator are listed in the roster).  This petition must be filed by the regular deadlines.  The player must include a posting of their own films with the petition along with a description of what they believe the rules violation to be.  An initial determination will be made within 24 hours of the petition.  If the review committee finds sufficient evidence to further their investigation a committee spokesperson will contact the opposing player for their films of the duels.  These films must be submitted within 24 hours of the committee's request or the duel(s) in question will be forfeit by that player.  The review committee will then make a final determination no later than 24 hours after receiving those films.  The review committee may overturn posted results.  If a clean determination of a winner cannot be made the review committee will determine an appropriate course of action which could include a rematch, a random draw or the expulsion of one or both players from the tournament.  These stated actions are not intended to limit the actions that the review committee might recommend.  The review committee's determination will be final.  In any case a final determination will be posted by no later than noon Wednesday.  For the advancing player and their opponent the normal noon Sunday deadline will still apply.  Because this could delay both the winner's and his/her next opponent's ability to arrange their next duel it is in the best interest of everyone that the players reach an agreeable conclusion to their duels on their own.

· Rules Violations

- Violations of the official tournament rules as stated could constitute grounds for expulsion from the tournament.
- Any player caught breaking the rules twice in any tournament will be automatically ejected from the tournament.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 08:19:30 PM »
Sweet I'm bye
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 08:30:08 PM »
Oh no... who's NatCigg? And what's a "Bf 109?"  :uhoh

Sending PM...

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 08:42:26 PM »
Pm sent ams
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 08:49:14 PM »
Oh no... who's NatCigg? And what's a "Bf 109?"  :uhoh

Sending PM...
:rofl :rofl

Vink buddy its me and you ill be on tonight...

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 08:53:21 PM »
Raptor, check your PMs buddy.  I'd like to get this done tomorrow or Tuesday.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 08:56:38 PM »
Sweet I'm bye

so, you're like, half-way to bye-bye?   :noid :rofl :banana: :bolt:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 09:12:20 PM »
so, you're like, half-way to bye-bye?   :noid :rofl :banana: :bolt:

Swing and a miss strike one
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 09:34:33 PM »
Let me know when you want to go 4Fox

S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 10:13:36 PM »
PM sent  WartHog ( AceHavok )

let me know which of those days/times works for ya.......

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline DOUG

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 10:49:26 PM »
<S> Ace8  =)      PM sent
tuesday, wednesday, and thursday, ANY time that works well for you. Any OTHER days, AFTER 7:00pm pacific  :cheers:
elfy
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:55:13 PM by DOUG »
"UsedToDoALittleButTheLittleWo uldntDoIt,So the Little gotMore andMore,JustKeepTryingToGet a littleBetterIsaid aLittleBetterThanBefore"...A.Rose
AK elfy-1st ArabianKnight recruited in AH- May 7,2000

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 11:10:08 PM »
Hey Shane, my schedule is kinda wacky right now.  I'll know by Monday night when I'll be available this week.  What times work for you?

Jager
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 07:53:25 AM »
Hey Shane, my schedule is kinda wacky right now.  I'll know by Monday night when I'll be available this week.  What times work for you?

Jager

sure... i'm fairly flexible with my schedule.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Amsoil21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 03:58:10 PM »
Amsoil V JOACH1M

Amsoil - F4u-1d
JOACH1M - 109F4
JOACH1M - spitfire mk1

Great fights joach1m and best of luck for the rest of the tourny <S>