Author Topic: ..... WHY!!!  (Read 2433 times)

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: ..... WHY!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2011, 06:41:09 PM »
"crappy"??? tsk tsk tsk. Know your time frames, jr.  The 2 Pdr, 37mm, 50mm, 45mm, etc etc from the early war AT guns were the standard of their day.  They did their job and did it well.  Compared to LW, they are lesser, sure.  But "crappy" they are not.   ;)
try to penetrate the T-34's armor with a 37mm gun. betchya cant do it.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2011, 10:41:09 PM »
thats where youre wrong
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2011, 11:23:52 PM »

i do it with an m8 rather offten......useally about 1100 yards away

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2011, 07:02:00 AM »

i do it with an m8 rather offten......useally about 1100 yards away
ok, sloped frontal armor about 75-ish MM thick from 1.1k away with a 37mm seems kind of hard to do, unless your hitting the low hull or if your hitting the tracks.

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2011, 12:37:58 AM »
ok, sloped frontal armor about 75-ish MM thick from 1.1k away with a 37mm seems kind of hard to do, unless your hitting the low hull or if your hitting the tracks.

no actaully you aim for the engine/rearside near engine/turret at 1100 yards u hit the top of it useally

generaly speaking you dont aim for the front hull plate as its the most armored...

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2011, 06:54:22 AM »
Why no turreted panzer but with a gun working  ? why no HE177 why no A6M7 ?

answer those and ill answer your question.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2011, 06:56:49 AM »

panzer gun can knock out a tiger with 1 hit, no HE177 because it sucked in design terms and the A6M7 would only be a gap filler.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2011, 11:19:41 AM »
panzer gun can knock out a tiger with 1 hit, no HE177 because it sucked in design terms and the A6M7 would only be a gap filler.

last time i checked the A6M7 never made it into combat
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2011, 12:17:01 PM »

Congratulations :aok
You may have almost figured out that the ones who say it can be done are not stupid enough to attack from the front.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2011, 03:11:12 PM »

lol

Offline sempr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2011, 03:28:46 PM »
How about Why are all Sherman tanks over powered. 

Why is it you shoot someone in the front and it takes out their engine and not the turret or tank itself?

Why is you shoot the rear of the tank and it keeps moving away from you and takes 20 more hits to die?

Why is it you hit the turret and he still traverses 180 degrees and kills you with one shot?

answer them and I'll think about answering yours...Maybe!
You better believe it or I gonna put a Jihad on YOU!

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2011, 03:30:10 PM »
WHY THE M-18! WHY NOT THE CHURCHILL OR MATILDA WHY WHY WHY!  :cry
Do u even play?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2011, 04:24:27 PM »
How about Why are all Sherman tanks over powered. 

Why is it you shoot someone in the front and it takes out their engine and not the turret or tank itself?

Why is you shoot the rear of the tank and it keeps moving away from you and takes 20 more hits to die?

Why is it you hit the turret and he still traverses 180 degrees and kills you with one shot?

answer them and I'll think about answering yours...Maybe!

shermans are not overpowerd...well the VC firefly is but it has a much better gun then the other 2...most tanks can still 1 shot a sherman

as for taking out the engine with a frontal shot ive never heard of or seen that one...but if you want a reason the AP shell passed threw the tank and crew/everything inside and hit the other end of the tank...farfetched but you wanted a reason....

as for shooting the rear of the tank most tanks require 2-3 shots to the engine to disable it and you have to be sure your not hitting the rear part of the tred... shooting tanks in the engine is not the best way to kill them...so it does tend to take 4-5 rounds depending on range

and if you hit the turret and its not down either
A the shell riccocheted
B it absorbed it or
C u hit just under the turret or
D you need to just shoot it more as most tanks at a long range still need 2-3 rounds to turret them...heck a tiger at 1900 yards can take 5+ shots to turret from another tiger panzer takes 5 m8 rounds to turret but only 2 at close range....so more or less massive factor is distance and shot placement

theres your questions answerd

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2011, 06:38:35 AM »

you just prove my point that you dont know much about WW2, A6M7 never went into combat like BAR stated, "panzer gun can knock out a tiger with 1 hit" would love to see this happen. HE177 sucked in design terms...not really, but failed in combat do to bad engines etc...

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2011, 07:09:23 AM »
you just prove my point that you dont know much about WW2, A6M7 never went into combat like BAR stated, "panzer gun can knock out a tiger with 1 hit" would love to see this happen. HE177 sucked in design terms...not really, but failed in combat do to bad engines etc...
i bet id know more about WW2 than you. you want the HE-177 in game and you said it failed, the panzer 4 we have in came CAN knock out a tiger in 1 hit. your just to thick headed to find that you hit it in its side as a smart person would and the A6M7 you found out never went into service because of BAR.