Author Topic: Meat  (Read 4033 times)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Re: Meat
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 05:28:22 PM »
If we weren't meant to eat other animals they wouldn't be made out of meat.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 05:29:48 PM »
Hmm, according to http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-fossils/species/sahelanthropus-tchadensis our earliest known ancestors ate mostly plants.  Meat consumption was also positively correlated with time.  If that is the case, then vegetarians are 'savages' in that they are unevolved.  The more modern the man, the more meat he eats.

However, plants have their own allure.  They are cheap to grow, easy to care for, and don't cry and scream while you rip them into bite-sized pieces.  If we could get a plant to grow fruit that is as protein-rich and delicious as meat, we would be able to feed our population much better.  That is one of the current goals of artificial or "cruelty-free" meat.  

Think about it, all the taste of steak without any guilt (come on, we've all felt it once) or vegetarian complaining about you eating it.  That is not to say that all vegetarians are whiny or aggressive, one of my best friends did it for three years and never begrudged me a single piece of meat.

To conclude, meat is murder, and I'd rather not see animals suffer in slaughterhouses. New research concerning the idea that sentience is not a binary property, but rather a gradient on which all life lies makes me feel even worse.  Though there will always be problems, the closer we can get to cruelty-free, the better.

-Penguin
oh joy!!! here's penguin...turning a fun post into a cerebral debate...batter up!!!  :D

look up the protein comparisons between red meat, poultry, fish and soy beans...i believe you will find a surprise regarding your desire for a "plant that is as protein rich as meat".

i have to get up at 0300 for work so i won't prod you again this evening...good luck with everyone else though.  :D
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 05:33:22 PM »
oh joy!!! here's penguin...turning a fun post into a cerebral debate...batter up!!!  :D

look up the protein comparisons between red meat, poultry, fish and soy beans...i believe you will find a surprise regarding your desire for a "plant that is as protein rich as meat".

i have to get up at 0300 for work so i won't prod you again this evening...good luck with everyone else though.  :D

Ok I will, there are PLENTY of alternatives to protein, some even have more protein than red meat. Part one is false. Part two IS TOTALLY subjective and saying something is delicious is all a personal preference..
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 05:34:49 PM »
and don't cry and scream while you rip them into bite-sized pieces "cruelty-free" meat.  

Think about it, all the taste of steak without any guilt (come on, we've all felt it once) or vegetarian complaining about you eating it.meat is murder, and I'd rather not see animals suffer in slaughterhouses.  the closer we can get to cruelty-free, the better.

-Penguin

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Have you been in a slaughter house before? It's not a SAW movie. Its a slaughterhouse they don't torture animals in there they slaughter them(quickly and humanly). If you cant stand the heat get outta the kitchen......and no I ve never in my life felt guilt for eating/killing an animal. less the poor rascal was hurt then I put it down as quickly as possible, generally with a small caliber round between the ears.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »
However, plants have their own allure.  They are cheap to grow, easy to care for, and don't cry and scream while you rip them into bite-sized pieces.

That reminds me of something.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
-Jack Handey

mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 05:46:25 PM »
Meat its whats for Dinner, white meat, red meat, chicken, Fish all good stuff, nom nom nom, ive heard eskimos say that even Penguins taste like Chicken.  :neener:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011, 05:54:00 PM »
:rofl   :lol   :rofl   :lol  so true

but i have to ask...when was the last time you were out run by a green bean?

:rofl   :rofl   :rofl   :rofl  "keep being AWESOME" lmao!!!!

sometimes i wonder about you...  :lol  ...question for ya, are we omnivores because we started eating meat or because we started eating vegetation?

We are omnivores because we started eating meat.

-Penguin

Offline Nypsy

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2011, 06:05:18 PM »
I have these for one reason, to tear apart that porterhouse thats broiling right now!

Offline Hawk78th

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2011, 06:23:59 PM »

Vegetarian - that's an old Indian word meaning 'lousy hunter'...

:x
JHawk  (in Game)

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2011, 06:30:18 PM »
 :lol actually eating steak tonight
Kommando Nowotny "Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2011, 06:36:17 PM »
I thought this thread was about me, I feel so dejected now  :cry

And about animals suffering.......I work for a communications company. All the time I see squirrels that are so hungry that they gnaw and try to eat the aerial cabling. Being the caring person I am, I help them find food. If I am up on the hardline and see one coming, i'll gently shake it off about 25 feet up in the air so it can find food on the ground below. If one decides to come up to me for a visit, I will politely tell it to move along using a hammer so it can go on its merry way. I dont want these little critters to go hungry, you know?

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 06:41:31 PM by Meatwad »
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2011, 07:13:02 PM »
I thought this thread was about me, I feel so dejected now  :cry

And about animals suffering.......I work for a communications company. All the time I see squirrels that are so hungry that they gnaw and try to eat the aerial cabling. Being the caring person I am, I help them find food. If I am up on the hardline and see one coming, i'll gently shake it off about 25 feet up in the air so it can find food on the ground below. If one decides to come up to me for a visit, I will politely tell it to move along using a hammer so it can go on its merry way. I dont want these little critters to go hungry, you know?

:rofl

Yall don't be so serious.. I had to remake that so it wouldn't get rule#'d again today (Sorry Skuzzy.. brain wasn't completely engaged at the time).  I need laughs today.  
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 07:14:33 PM by Dichotomy »
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2011, 07:40:57 PM »
We are omnivores because we started eating meat.

-Penguin

Wouldn't we be omnivores because we started eating anything/both?  My question is where do you place chimps,vegetarian,omnivore or carnivorous?

:salute

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2011, 07:46:28 PM »
Omni of course
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Nikolai

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2011, 07:57:28 PM »
Any one eat platypus before?