Author Topic: Wirbelwind & Ostwind profiles.  (Read 1429 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Wirbelwind & Ostwind profiles.
« on: October 07, 2011, 08:29:06 PM »
Since HTC updated these & did the updated skins no body seems to have taken up these vehicles. So here are a few profiles & panel lines to see if we can help kick start a skinner to take up the cause.

Offline sirvlad

• Nickel Member
Re: Wirbelwind & Ostwind profiles.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 08:34:18 AM »
I`d like to see all of these in the future.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 11:50:20 AM »
OK.. just for the sake of knowing... are the hulls of the Ostwind and Wirblewind the same as the Panzer IV H we currently have in AH?  In the real world, they are all one of the same, yes??? 

I am of the impression that there was some "updating" done to the Wirlewind hull when HTC put it in to AH. 

My question is simple: if and when HTC updates the Panzer IV H are they going to start from scratch and re so all three or are they only going to do the Panzer IV H and leave the Wirby and Osty alone.  Anyone have any hunches???  Or perhaps HTC can comment directly???   :D
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 03:42:39 PM »
I`d like to see all of these in the future.
How can u post while PNG'd?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 09:52:42 PM »
How can u post while PNG'd?

Possible he posted this prior to being PNG'd, or is on parole. /shrug

Nice look'n profiles
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 05:42:01 AM »
Would be nice to have some new looks to our Ost's and Wirb's.  We can now die in style. :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 08:28:52 AM »
OK.. just for the sake of knowing... are the hulls of the Ostwind and Wirblewind the same as the Panzer IV H we currently have in AH?  In the real world, they are all one of the same, yes??? 

I am of the impression that there was some "updating" done to the Wirlewind hull when HTC put it in to AH. 

My question is simple: if and when HTC updates the Panzer IV H are they going to start from scratch and re so all three or are they only going to do the Panzer IV H and leave the Wirby and Osty alone.  Anyone have any hunches???  Or perhaps HTC can comment directly???   :D

**Wasn't able to edit, so a self-quote I must**

After close review of the 3 chassis, it is quite apparent that the Panzer IV H is an older graphics model when compared to the Ostwind and Wirblewind.  However, the Osty and Wirby are still a long ways behind the recently released gv's (Tiger I/II, Panther, M3's, LVT's, etc), in terms of having nice sharp graphics.  Hopefully, HTC can get a new Panzer IV H chassis in to AH and then comment on of and when the Osty and Wirby are going to get upgraded.  Then the skinners' will know if it is worth their time to make skins for the Osty and Wirby.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 09:40:07 AM »
**Wasn't able to edit, so a self-quote I must**

After close review of the 3 chassis, it is quite apparent that the Panzer IV H is an older graphics model when compared to the Ostwind and Wirblewind.  However, the Osty and Wirby are still a long ways behind the recently released gv's (Tiger I/II, Panther, M3's, LVT's, etc), in terms of having nice sharp graphics.  Hopefully, HTC can get a new Panzer IV H chassis in to AH and then comment on of and when the Osty and Wirby are going to get upgraded.  Then the skinners' will know if it is worth their time to make skins for the Osty and Wirby.

Don't see the Flack panzer's getting updated again. They were updated not that long ago.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 09:31:37 PM »
Don't see the Flack panzer's getting updated again. They were updated not that long ago.

Spring of 2008.  ;)   Right after I joined AH.   :D

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 11:01:30 PM »
Spring of 2008.  ;)   Right after I joined AH.   :D
Longer than I thought.