Author Topic: TO: KrupCake  (Read 1988 times)

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
Re: TO: KrupCake
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 07:48:25 PM »
Golf imo is harder than baseball...  here we go!

I'd love to see you hit a 95mph fastball, or maybe a curveball?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 07:54:44 PM »
Golf imo is harder than baseball...  here we go!

From an athletic standpoint, I can see John Daley playing third base for the Yankees right?  Because he's quick like a cat with a huge arm (or maybe he's just huge) and unbelievable baseball IQ, lol

I would agree if they were throwing the golf ball at you to hit it...other than that?....not so much.

One extreme thing in golf's favor....in golf, you have to play your foul balls.

Come on, Tony Romo is a scratch golfer and he's an idiot...

Lefty Gomez said it best..."baseball is a sport played by men that use their brains...they have to or they lose the game and then their teammates beat them up in the locker room unless they get smart, real fast...because stupid people can't play baseball".

Golf is what baseball players do in the offseason....call the Phillies and verify this.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 08:00:03 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 07:58:02 PM »

I would love to see him stand in the box for a 95mph fastball...my bet, and Grizz can corroborate, is that he would stand in the on deck circle watching the pitches and then choose NOT to stand in the box....say he does though.  95 in, 95 in, a hammer (curveball for all you Fugi types) that starts at his JUGgler vein and then breaks to the outside corner.  I think dookie in his pants occurs as he violently ducks out of the curveball that was never going to hit him in the first place....Grizz?  LITTLE HELP HERE?

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 08:16:37 PM »
Golf imo is harder than baseball...  here we go!

Golf and baseball are apples and oranges.  Golf requires you to hit a ball that is not moving with great accuracy.  Baseball requires you to hit a ball that is moving very fast OR curving in sharp directions, on time, on the sweet spot of the bat which isn't more than 3-4 inches wide, and somewhere in the field of play.  Not to mention the whole defense, running, and pitching thing. 

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 08:36:32 PM »
Wtg on the Sooner win, Changeup. I hurt.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 08:45:42 PM »
(shhhhh...this is one of those people who poops on baseball because he doesn't understand it).

LOL!!!! the simplest game in the world. Tough to understand, hit ball, run bases, take your turn in the field shaggin' balls ( I played center because I could cover both left and right from there, and played short stop the following year, even if it was only LL.  

Ummm, play pass?  I am guessing you mean pitch the ball to a catcher while someone tries to hit the ball.  If that is what you mean, yes.  I would love to see Fug in the box with someone throwing 70 much less mid-90's...we might actually see him wet himself....all while his Dad is yelling, "you better stand in that box FUGY!!!!!!!!!!!!...DON'T BE AFRAID!!!!!!!"

My boss had played triple A for a year before becoming a christian and starting a family. On coffee breaks we use to throw the ball around. He had a great curve, and a pretty good fast ball, tho not in the 90 mph range.

There is no greater skill in any sport than trying to hit a baseball... :rock except hitting a puck on the move on ice...and making it go EXACTLY where you want it to.

Don't skate as much I use to, but did play hockey for years. I can still make my shots go where I want them to. From a stand still I can hit anything I want, its when your blasting along that things get a bit trickier  :)

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 09:20:34 PM »
I played baseball a few years in middle school. Hit a couple fast balls. had 2 over the fence.

Got hit in the side of the face (near my right eye) by a fast one. After that, i just could never really play baseball anymore. call it fear i guess. But every time i saw a ball thrown at me, i always pictured it coming straight for my eye.
I froze up alot at the plate because of this, and i didn't want to drag my team down due to it, so i quit baseball.Havent played it sense.

Ironicly, when i left baseball, i joined the full-contact sport known as "Football". Enjoyed 6 years of it, and became one of the best on my team. (and dare i say, in the county).  :t

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 09:46:22 PM »
the Texas Rangers would like to invite YOU as their personal guest.  They have enrolled you in a baseball class that includes the topic of "which teams to play for if you wanna win a ring" but, unfortunately, the Phillies aren't on that list.

Sad to say, but the better team won.  At least Lee doesn't have to live in Texas anymore.

- oldman

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 09:50:29 PM »
Hey grizz do you still play BB?

Someone said you where in the pros.     :salute.  Sorry was supposed to be a salute.

Wife told me I had to by her tickets if the Dbacks won the other night. I wasn't to worried, even though id like to see them win the series. Every game ive ever taken her to they have lost..

My  son 11 at the time caught a foul ball, he is real proud of it so we got a case for it, so far it is the only real highlight to their games so far.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:09:09 AM by Sonicblu »

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 09:54:03 PM »
Careful on talking about getting rings changeup, the series your in right now is the best of seven and if you pull that off, you have to do it again!  But not likely, Tigers have a nasty bite!
71 Squadron RAF

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 10:06:38 PM »
From an athletic standpoint, I can see John Daley playing third base for the Yankees right?  Because he's quick like a cat with a huge arm (or maybe he's just huge) and unbelievable baseball IQ, lol

I would agree if they were throwing the golf ball at you to hit it...other than that?....not so much.

One extreme thing in golf's favor....in golf, you have to play your foul balls.

Come on, Tony Romo is a scratch golfer and he's an idiot...

Lefty Gomez said it best..."baseball is a sport played by men that use their brains...they have to or they lose the game and then their teammates beat them up in the locker room unless they get smart, real fast...because stupid people can't play baseball".

Golf is what baseball players do in the offseason....call the Phillies and verify this.

If anyone, I think the SF Giants would be a better choice to verify this.

This series will be the end of Verlander and the Tigers.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2011, 12:18:09 AM »
Careful on talking about getting rings changeup, the series your in right now is the best of seven and if you pull that off, you have to do it again!  But not likely, Tigers have a nasty bite!

Im an old baseball guy...I would never say the word.  My comment was for Krup and his Fillies...he and I go back a ways in-game and I knew he was a fan.  We Texans took it personally when Lee left and he became an instant sweetheartbagfamepotato!!

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2011, 12:20:09 AM »
Sad to say, but the better team won.  At least Lee doesn't have to live in Texas anymore.

- oldman

Yes, Texas sucks...the economy is great, unemployment is 4 points lower than the rest of the country, you can drive for 11 hours and still be in Texas, there's no state income tax in Texas...yes, its really bad to live here.  Hell, he took a 5 million dollar paycut for the Fillies offer just in state income tax!  Yep, Texas isn't worth a crap.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2011, 12:22:43 AM »
Wtg on the Sooner win, Changeup. I hurt.

Thanks Bro...now those fiesty Sooners will find a way to lose to JB11's damn Okie State Cowgirls.

BTW, where the hell have you been?  Dodger and I can't find DA jousters without you around.  Bring your donut back in here!!  :salute :salute

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2011, 08:55:00 AM »
Yes, Texas sucks...the economy is great, unemployment is 4 points lower than the rest of the country, you can drive for 11 hours and still be in Texas, there's no state income tax in Texas...yes, its really bad to live here.  Hell, he took a 5 million dollar paycut for the Fillies offer just in state income tax!  Yep, Texas isn't worth a crap.

Hey, who would have thought we'd agree on something!

- oldman