Author Topic: Pz IV F short barrel gun  (Read 348 times)

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
Pz IV F short barrel gun
« on: October 13, 2011, 07:34:06 PM »
Was messing around offline with it and seemed to have some shell issues.  When firing at a drone M4 at point blank range (my side touching its back) and the gun aimed right at its turret back the shell went through the M4.

I tried to catch it in a screenshot:

The shell can be seen out in front of the M4. The gunsight view showed the turret taking up the entire view so I don't think it was me missing, then again my eyes are hardly good. :)
There was no bounce flash to indicate it was just bouncing and flying into oblivion, but it's possible it happened too fast for me to see.

On another note, the new gun barrel inside objects not firing; Not sure if it's done so a certain amount of the barrel has to be inside the object to stop firing, but with the M18 about ~2ft of the barrel can be inside the object and it still fires.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
Re: Pz IV F short barrel gun
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 08:38:31 PM »
     From that picture you are inside of the M4, just not your turret.  Perhaps the coading states that if an object is inside of another object the shot will pass through, or do 0 dmg.
     Also your gun will still fire regardless of having your barrel inside of something, it just basically not count now from what I gather.  An example of this is that if you are hiding behind a building and another tank fires on you from the other side.  You will see the round pass through the building, but from his end it is hitting the building.  (this causes alot of "cheater" complaints from what I've seen)  But you are not actually being hit.

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
Re: Pz IV F short barrel gun
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 08:47:14 PM »
 My side was about a foot from the back of the M4 (Was parked so we made a T shape), it's possible the collision coading is the reason fir it though, only HTC would know. :)
As for the gun firing when inside an object: I tested, when the barrel is inside an object (a tank in my test) it simply will not fire. The M18 barrel (only one I tried) had about ~2ft at the end that could be inside the object and still fires.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"