Author Topic: Walking Dead season 2  (Read 6162 times)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Walking Dead season 2
« on: October 16, 2011, 09:58:38 PM »
  Ehh.

I was really looking forward to it. Its like the cast suddenly got alot dumber. Getting a little too soap opera and alot less trigger time.

~AoM~

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Walking Dead season 2
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 12:35:25 AM »
BANG BANG! Attracts em
And there is only so much ammo.

Only thing I dont understand is why they insist on driving the same old vehicles.
I'd have traded that camper that keeps breaking down in on a brand new one long ago.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 12:41:35 AM »
Ya theres so much of the "WTF are they doing?!" always happening. Hey lets crawl under the cars and hide rather than run back on top of camper and shoot em. I hope it gets better.

~AoM~

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 08:10:09 AM »
 :lol  hollywood writers...grade school kids have more imagination, maybe they should bring some kids in to write for the show. probably see the biggest badest modified humvees and a lot of head exploding action.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 08:27:56 AM »
The Walking Dead is based on the comic book series of the same name, so the whole story was pretty much laid down from the start. There's also a six-part webisode series that was released on October 3rd detailing the events just when the outbreak began.

No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 11:05:57 AM »
I was very disappointed in that 90 minute start up. I could see the idea of hiding but then again in the first season they made a big deal about the zombies being able to SMELL live people and hunt that way. Kind of inconsistent. The whole work up to the traffic blocked road was rather more than predictable. The only question was going to be how long before they got ambushed or discovered. In my opinion rather sooner than later with the rednecks stupid open pipe motorcycle. If zombies are attracted to loud sound, why would you drive an open pipe bike WITH APEHANGERS?!?!?!  :rolleyes:

The little girl running away, c'mon that was over done. She ran, they find her and get moving on the rest of the story. Don't drag that out to an hour and not come up with her. If they could "track her" at the beginning of the trail it should have gotten easier if she were panicked and running. :huh

That last scene with the deer. Bovine excrement. If you need a sub plot for getting the kid shot fine but save the dances with wolves panoramic crap for soap operas. The idea of a kid walking up to a deer in woods populated by walkers is absurd. :mad:

The subplot with the wife and her now ex boyfriend, sheesh. How much "days of our lives" can they think of to put in the show?  :headscratch: It's about survival in a world of zombies not a soap opera!!  :bhead

I know there was a bit deal made about the publicist getting canned. Frankly I think they should have canned some of the script writers instead.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 11:09:44 AM by Maverick »
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 11:53:06 AM »
I would like to know why the sherrif guy didn't try to start the M1 Abrams tank he was hiding in during the first episode?  I mean c'mon!  Think of the zombie road pizza you could make with a tank.  Also...  Whatever happened to the helicopter he saw in the first episode?  Did the writers just forget about that?

And the big one that I don't get...

If the zombies only purpose is to find and eat live flesh...  And when they do take something down, like the horse or the deer or people, they shred and eat the thing...  Why are there so many zombies running around with all of their body parts?  Wouldn't they have been nearly completely eaten when they were first killed?

And what about the dead guy on the highway that had the bundle of axes knives machetes etc that the kid found...  What killed him?  He was just sitting there in his vehicle dead.  He wasn't eaten.  If he had been bitten, wouldn't he have turned into a zombie and joined the "herd"? 

And if the zombie sickness is a virus like thing that is spread by zombie fluids getting into the body, why are the characters so calm about getting zombie blood and guts all over them?  Don't you think that you'd be freaking out trying to wash all the blood and guts off of yourself?

I think it's great that AMC put the show on the air.  It's refreshing to see a show that took some balls to put on the air like this one.  I just wish the writers would spend a little more time and effort.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 01:48:38 PM »
I thought it was good, very suspenseful. However I can feel how someone would see how it was a dead end. It is the season premiere so I would think that they would leave a lot of questions unanswered.

Things that don't make sense to me is what ever happened to Mearl's brother in Atlanta, and what happened of the black guy they met at the beginning of season one. Are they just going to leave them there?

I was hoping that this affair would stop right when the sheriff got back in town, but evidently not. Still hoping that it will not end up like a drama instead of a shoot em up zombie movie.

We will see where it goes from here.
Strokes

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 01:55:55 PM »
Walken dead :lol

Oh the horror
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 02:14:07 PM »
the minute they threw sex into the show it was doomed. that kind of crap belongs on shows like the tudors and army wives, not in an apocalyptic zombie movie.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 02:37:56 PM »
Things that don't make sense to me is what ever happened to Mearl's brother in Atlanta, and what happened of the black guy they met at the beginning of season one. Are they just going to leave them there?
I take it that you havent read the comics.

Merle was the brother left on the rooftop, Daryl is the brother in the group. Both characters are unique to the show. Although there are rumors that Merle will return as a villian from the comics that goes by "The Govenror".

The black guy from the very first episode is Morgan, the guy that rick tries to contact on the walkie-talkie. He is in the comics, and like the show he stays behind with his son. He turns up again after about a year has passed.

I was hoping that this affair would stop right when the sheriff got back in town, but evidently not. Still hoping that it will not end up like a drama instead of a shoot em up zombie movie.
I've got bad news for you, it is a drama. Remember that this story is about the characters not the zombies. In fact "walking dead" refers to the survivors, not the zombies. The characters are what makes this story so great.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 02:45:59 PM by Devil 505 »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 05:43:03 AM »
Ya theres so much of the "WTF are they doing?!" always happening. Hey lets crawl under the cars and hide rather than run back on top of camper and shoot em. I hope it gets better.

Actually hiding made sense.
Like i said "bang bang" attracts em Alot were there in the immediate area (over 150 according to the talk show afterwards) and who knows how many more it might have brought had they started shooting or how much ammo they have left.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 05:51:15 AM »
the minute they threw sex into the show it was doomed. that kind of crap belongs on shows like the tudors and army wives, not in an apocalyptic zombie movie.

Did you know that during times of war the birth rate tends to go up.
Sex makes perfect sense as instincts take over for survival of the species.
Given the circumstances. Im surprised there isnt more of it
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 06:06:05 AM »
I would like to know why the sherrif guy didn't try to start the M1 Abrams tank he was hiding in during the first episode?  I mean c'mon!  Think of the zombie road pizza you could make with a tank.  Also...  Whatever happened to the helicopter he saw in the first episode?  Did the writers just forget about that?

And the big one that I don't get...

If the zombies only purpose is to find and eat live flesh...  And when they do take something down, like the horse or the deer or people, they shred and eat the thing...  Why are there so many zombies running around with all of their body parts?  Wouldn't they have been nearly completely eaten when they were first killed?

And what about the dead guy on the highway that had the bundle of axes knives machetes etc that the kid found...  What killed him?  He was just sitting there in his vehicle dead.  He wasn't eaten.  If he had been bitten, wouldn't he have turned into a zombie and joined the "herd"? 

And if the zombie sickness is a virus like thing that is spread by zombie fluids getting into the body, why are the characters so calm about getting zombie blood and guts all over them?  Don't you think that you'd be freaking out trying to wash all the blood and guts off of yourself?

I think it's great that AMC put the show on the air.  It's refreshing to see a show that took some balls to put on the air like this one.  I just wish the writers would spend a little more time and effort.

On zombies smelling. It was explained after the show that the zombies smelling only differentiates to them live people from dead zombies. Which is why they dont attack and eat each other. They dont actively use sense of smell to hunt.

On the tank. Maybe he doesnt know how to drive a tank. I know I dont. Also. considering the circumstances he may not have event thought about it.

I've thought about all the dead people in cars too.. couple possibilities. Trapped in their cars with walkers all around they died of exposure/dehydration.
Some flaw in the virus or possibly some antibody in their bodies prevented the virus from turning them and just killed them out right.

Why walkers arent just eaten.
Im guessing the ones that got eaten were swarmed or died on the spot preventing escape. If you get bitten by something. Are you going to just stand there or try to get away? The walkers are the ones that got away Also could be liek sharks. Bite on instinct and only actually feed when hungry.

The blood/body fluid question is a good question

But remember its a story. In reality this could never happen. Our military is just too efficient at killing. And rednecks would just turn it into a trophy sport.  ;)
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 06:34:31 AM »
gotta repopulate the planet somehow.