Author Topic: Walking Dead season 2  (Read 6161 times)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Re: Walking Dead season 2
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2011, 03:40:34 PM »
Why doesn't anyone have or find an assault rifle?
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2011, 03:43:51 PM »
What I didn't understand was why he shot him in the leg. If he had shot him in the head the zombies would have still stopped to eat him, right? So even if he felt it was necessary, he was pretty cold about it.

I don't think the zombies would have paid attention to a corpse...he needed moving bait.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2011, 04:24:41 PM »

too awesome to not share :)

Worship the Comic..for it is nifty. - Sluggy Freelance

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2011, 08:58:06 PM »
Ha!  I knew she would be pregnant! 

Fairly predictable actually.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2011, 09:01:18 PM »
Wow they really have made a pretty gory soap opera there out of a perfectly good zombie show
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2011, 09:38:08 PM »
The ads suck too. 7 minutes of show, 5 minutes of ads.

The dude in the well was pretty cool, but Id just have popped him and sealed it up. Foolish drama written in by putting the kid down the well.

~AoM~

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2011, 10:54:43 PM »
Watched true blood til the end of season 5. 50 minutes of look at me look at me im a vampire then 10 minutes of ooomf time to kill something. This is getting to be almost as bad. Where do you find the comic? I'd rather read that now hahaha.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2011, 11:57:21 PM »
Watched true blood til the end of season 5. 50 minutes of look at me look at me im a vampire then 10 minutes of ooomf time to kill something. This is getting to be almost as bad. Where do you find the comic? I'd rather read that now hahaha.

Here you go. http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Compendium-One/dp/1607060760/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1320645186&sr=1-1

Don't expect it to be any less dramatic than the show. This story is about the survivors, not killing zombies.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2011, 10:52:55 AM »
Wow they really have made a pretty gory soap opera there out of a perfectly good zombie show

Yep now we know where the writers from the last soap opera that was canceled went to work. Instead of all my children, pure soap, we have all my children with a couple zombies tossed in once an hour.

I wonder how long they will stretch out the lost little girl before they either find her alive or pop her melon?

The old veterinarian's "rules" are pretty silly given his profession, home lifestyle and the neighbors are all zombies. They are holding a rather obvious shoe with his character and are stretching out when they drop it. The old guy is "up to something" and it won't be good. I expect the daughter who jumped the scavenger kids bones will be joining the group when that shoe drops and the group is forced to move on. Not psychic, just looking at some pretty predictable script probabilities.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2011, 10:58:22 AM »
Agree with Mav and James this show is loosing me, total soap opera and everything is waaaaaay overacted.  At least we don't have to listen to Rick's lame monologues at the beginning anymore.

How was Hell on Wheels?  Got home after the first showing was over, and passed out before the replay aired.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2011, 11:03:41 AM »
Agree with Mav and James this show is loosing me, total soap opera and everything is waaaaaay overacted.  At least we don't have to listen to Rick's lame monologues at the beginning anymore.

How was Hell on Wheels?  Got home after the first showing was over, and passed out before the replay aired.

Hell on wheels is a hash about evil railroad baron, crooked politicians, revenge for the rape / killing of a wife. Chain gang railroad workers vs evil imperialistic RR baron with pissed off indians raiding the crews thrown in to even it all up. Think of every badly acted super evil western and you have this new show. Oh and they are not PC. They used the "N" word more than once, on purpose. They managed to get an amazing number of cliche western threads all wrapped around the spinning axle of the train.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2011, 11:06:23 AM »
Hell On Wheels was pretty good IMO, much more action than walking dead

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2011, 11:16:35 AM »
Hell On Wheels was pretty good IMO, much more action than walking dead

I didn't care for it much.  They tried to start too many story threads all in a one hour pilot.  I would have preferred they spent a little more time introducing the main character, and maybe the RR Baron.  Cramming it all in like they did made it rather unsatisfying.  They're going to have to do a lot of "flash back" backfilling in future episodes if they expect anyone to give a rats butt about any of the characters.

I will probably give it a couple episodes before I give up on it.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2011, 12:25:34 PM »
I didn't care for it much.  They tried to start too many story threads all in a one hour pilot.  I would have preferred they spent a little more time introducing the main character, and maybe the RR Baron.  Cramming it all in like they did made it rather unsatisfying.  They're going to have to do a lot of "flash back" backfilling in future episodes if they expect anyone to give a rats butt about any of the characters.

I will probably give it a couple episodes before I give up on it.

Yeah i can agree there.  It was a little confusing to keep up with everything.  At least there wasnt any "hey lets go do it in a looted pharmacy in the middle of a zombie infested town"  I wish they would have both gotten eaten.  Getting eaten while having sex in a zombie infested town is an automatic Darwin Award winner in my book.

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2011, 06:20:04 PM »
How can an entire episode of a 'zombie tv series' have only 1 zombie in it?