Author Topic: Wishlist!  (Read 1209 times)

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
Re: Wishlist!
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 03:13:28 PM »
Look for the christmas sales Getback.

I just read a article, the chip inventory is growiing. Could meaqn some better deals ahead?

http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-news/4227769/Gartner--Chip-inventory-levels--worrisome-

I am looking to get a new video card, waiting for a good sale. I just resigned back to AH and still get 59 fps without the high resolution pack with a 8800gt.
Also without shadows.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 03:15:25 PM by cattb »
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 05:33:23 PM »
still don't understand why people are going after the p67 intel chipset mobos when they can get the z68 chipset mobos for about the same price. hell even the old x58 is superior to the p67 chipsets especially if you want to overclock. right now for intel chipsets, until the z77 chipset is released next year you want a mobo with the z68, q67 or q65 chipset.

Can you show me some info as to why you think the p67 is so bad? From all of my research the only difference between the p67 and z68 is the onboard video and the ssd cache ability of the z68. The p67 is an excellent overclocking board, you  must be thinking about the h67. Please point me in the right direction to show me the p67s are as horrible as you make them out to be.

Offline PuppetZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
In what the h67 is not good? I have a i5-2300 with an ASUS p8h67 and so far everything is fine. Sure I run everything stock and wont look to OC anything ever. Too much of a pain in the a** if you ask why. But I'm still curious as to the pros and cons about these p/h67 chipsets.

:salute
LCDR. Frank 'PuppetZ' Perreault, Squadron intelligence officer

VF-17 Jolly Rogers
'Kids, you tried and failed miserably. The lesson is : never try'

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 08:24:15 PM »
In what the h67 is not good? I have a i5-2300 with an ASUS p8h67 and so far everything is fine. Sure I run everything stock and wont look to OC anything ever. Too much of a pain in the a** if you ask why. But I'm still curious as to the pros and cons about these p/h67 chipsets.

:salute
the only problem with the h67 is that it is not over clockable. but if you have no plans to overclock then its not really a problem.

Offline PuppetZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 08:34:55 PM »
Ha! Ok, it's all good then  :aok

Thx
LCDR. Frank 'PuppetZ' Perreault, Squadron intelligence officer

VF-17 Jolly Rogers
'Kids, you tried and failed miserably. The lesson is : never try'

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 08:56:55 PM »
Can you show me some info as to why you think the p67 is so bad? From all of my research the only difference between the p67 and z68 is the onboard video and the ssd cache ability of the z68. The p67 is an excellent overclocking board, you  must be thinking about the h67. Please point me in the right direction to show me the p67s are as horrible as you make them out to be.
i didn't say "horrible", but i did point out the first gen of p67 and h67 (b2) chipsets were recalled due to a bug that made their sata3.0 to degrade to the point of being unusable. if you look at the intel propaganda sheets there are some minute differences between the p67 slh84 (b2) and the replacement p67 slj4c (b3), though you wouldn't notice anything on a system unless you were stressing it.

the z68 (b3) chipset supports the sandy bridge integrated gpu that allows simultaneous 3d and transcoding acceleration, it also supports pci-e 3.0 and intel smart response technology for ssd caching where the other 2 do not.

bottom line is considering the current price difference between a z68 mobo and a p67 mobo, if you're currently in the market to buy a new intel motherboard, the smart choice is with the z68, even if the only thing you're looking for is the ability to overclock.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 08:58:32 PM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 09:23:55 PM »
i didn't say "horrible", but i did point out the first gen of p67 and h67 (b2) chipsets were recalled due to a bug that made their sata3.0 to degrade to the point of being unusable. if you look at the intel propaganda sheets there are some minute differences between the p67 slh84 (b2) and the replacement p67 slj4c (b3), though you wouldn't notice anything on a system unless you were stressing it.

the z68 (b3) chipset supports the sandy bridge integrated gpu that allows simultaneous 3d and transcoding acceleration, it also supports pci-e 3.0 and intel smart response technology for ssd caching where the other 2 do not.

bottom line is considering the current price difference between a z68 mobo and a p67 mobo, if you're currently in the market to buy a new intel motherboard, the smart choice is with the z68, even if the only thing you're looking for is the ability to overclock.

My p67 board is also pci-e 3.0 and all p67 boards are b3 now. The b2s were the problems but have since been corrected with the b3.  I chose the P67 because I don't need the on board video as i have a dedicated video card and do not use my ssd for caching (and have yet to hear of anyone actually using this feature). There is nothing wrong with the p67 boards but you seem to bash them every chance you get. I was hoping you had more to base your negativity on than just the 2 options that no one really uses.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 09:34:03 PM »
yeah pointing to the b2 defects as reasons to not buy he b3 is misleading.  pointing out that the newer generation of mobos are most likely better in the just in case scenario is cool.  I have  a msi p67 b3, love it dont have any problems, great sound and it overclocks my sandy bridge like crazy.  I can do 4.9 with no sweat for 24/7.  if the newer mobo's can do more than 4.9 then more power to them as I dont think the average user could tell the difference.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 10:05:41 PM »
My p67 board is also pci-e 3.0 and all p67 boards are b3 now. The b2s were the problems but have since been corrected with the b3.  I chose the P67 because I don't need the on board video as i have a dedicated video card and do not use my ssd for caching (and have yet to hear of anyone actually using this feature). There is nothing wrong with the p67 boards but you seem to bash them every chance you get. I was hoping you had more to base your negativity on than just the 2 options that no one really uses.
well since you don't want to find the information yourself, i'll just leave you with your thoughts.

one thing, if you were looking for a mobo right now, and had a choice between the mobo you have
$155.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157265

and a mobo from the same manufacturer with a better chipset
$125.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271

which one would you choose? which one would you tell a friend to buy?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 10:58:01 PM »
Look for the christmas sales Getback.

I just read a article, the chip inventory is growiing. Could meaqn some better deals ahead?

http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-news/4227769/Gartner--Chip-inventory-levels--worrisome-

I am looking to get a new video card, waiting for a good sale. I just resigned back to AH and still get 59 fps without the high resolution pack with a 8800gt.
Also without shadows.

Thanks Cattb!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 11:20:02 PM »
well since you don't want to find the information yourself, i'll just leave you with your thoughts.

one thing, if you were looking for a mobo right now, and had a choice between the mobo you have
$155.00

$125.00

gyrene not a fair comparison.  look at this mobo that I have.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130574

you can probably find a better mobo.  however when I got it, it was one of the best.  now based on my own experience if a friend would ask me, I would say get it as it has served me well and it is awesome.  and you can probably say the same thing about the ps, vc, ram, computer case.  I would recommend all of them and say get them as they are awesome.  in my opinion of course. 

but seriously it's like getting a sata 2 or a sata 3 hd.   is sata3 better than sata 2?  cause there's a lot of threads arguing that same thing.

so it comes down to recommend what we have experience on.  and me I would recommend my mobo till the day I get another one and I would not be lying about it as I love mine and I dont think there's really another one that can really make a difference with me.  if I needed another mobo, would I get the same one?  probably no, only based on the fact that I would get one to kindda insure me against the "just in case" situation.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 05:20:57 AM »

$155.00

$125.00

I am asking you to provide the information to me. As I have researched the difference in the H67/P67/Z68 but have not found the flaws you seem to know of. I am just asking for your sources or something to guide me better than "I'll just leave you with your thoughts". You got the original poster to change what he originally wanted by spouting about how inferior the p67 chipset is. I am just wanting to see what I may have missed in my research. Also that is a cute trick with the links up there as one is in fact my MB but the z68 board is not the same version. Here is the same version http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157264
$199.99 vs my $155.00. If I should have spent $45 more please show me why so I don't make the same mistake on my next build.  :salute

Offline wiskyfog

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 08:05:35 AM »
Forgive my lack of "computerese"... What exactly does this much stuff do for gameplay, how far can it go and does it make a difference in flight and ACM?
The Alchemists-- "Always brewin up sumptin"

Offline wiskyfog

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 08:10:23 AM »
Kinda funny when I read these forums, seems to be a meeting place for those who believe they have the answer and wind up in a pissin contest with someone else who believes the same thing.
The Alchemists-- "Always brewin up sumptin"

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »
Forgive my lack of "computerese"... What exactly does this much stuff do for gameplay, how far can it go and does it make a difference in flight and ACM?
this is the hardware and software forum. I believe what you are looking for is the training arena