Author Topic: Getting Repairs while rearming  (Read 2004 times)

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
Getting Repairs while rearming
« on: October 25, 2011, 07:02:48 AM »
It would be nice , if we could get our planes repaired while rearming.

Or be able to use supplies to repair planes when on the runway.

any one who wants this functionality please support this topic.
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Re: Getting Repairs while rearming
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 07:36:12 AM »
     Nope, for the dozens of reasons already expressed in the past on this topic.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 07:37:57 AM »
The game has been around for over a decade. The idea has been brought up by many players over many years. I do not believe at this point they will impliment this idea anytime soon.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 07:50:41 AM »
I would like yarbles to wash my windscreen wearing a bikini while I re-arm

:x
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 08:08:26 AM »
The game has been around for over a decade. The idea has been brought up by many players over many years. I do not believe at this point they will impliment this idea anytime soon.

I am not saying that, all the demage u take or the pm should disappear magicly in 30secs. or so. But it would be nice if we could atleast get the missing small parts , minor demage reparied etc. lets say for a certain amount of perk and for like 2-3mins parking.

It is really annoying when u have 2 3 hours of flight and after 2nd 3rd rearm, getting shot in the engine by some puff ack which is like 8k away and force to change plane.

after all this is a game and does not need to be all that realistic.

and i checked the  related wishes and i dont understand why HTC keeps saying no to repairs while like 90 percent of their clients wishes for it.
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 08:12:26 AM »
I rarely play in GVs, and then only the Whirble. I understand that a tank that has been tipped over can be magically righted, thrown tracks repaired, etc by simply getting supplies? If I am wrong in that please let me know.

If that is correct, it makes as much sense to have a plan repaired while on the runway. Once at the National Training Center our M1A1 threw its right track, I assure you it took more then a 3 minute visit with the First Sgts 113 with some beer to put it back on. Took a couple hours.

I say it a bad idea to allow repairs to planes while rearming. I say it a bad idea to allow GVs such unrealistic repairs.

Just my two cents.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 08:45:48 AM »

after all this is a game and does not need to be all that realistic. I beg to differ.

and i checked the  related wishes and i dont understand why HTC keeps saying no to repairs while like 90 percent of their clients wishes for it.

The fascination and profitable success of this game is based on overall realism with respect to gameplay. Too much "arcade" OR too much realism, and this game would not have the massive player base it has.

As far as aircraft repair, I think rearm/reloading is enough. If you value your "life" and an intact aircraft, you must be patient and go along the steep learning curve of tactics. It can be done. Many players have proven it, and there are trainers here devoted to instruction on the subject.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 08:46:59 AM »

Don't get damaged.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 09:10:50 AM »
the actual percentage is far less than what you think. it's more like less than 10% that you see even posting in the forums, and those who want this repair feature are less than that, no where near a majority.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 11:21:31 AM »
I would like yarbles to wash my windscreen wearing a bikini while I re-arm

:huh 

Who really wants to see that?   :bolt:

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 11:27:35 AM »
:huh 

Who really wants to see that?   :bolt:

For a small perk cost, I would like to make other pilots see that.  :devil
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 11:46:04 AM »
For a small perk cost, I would like to make other pilots see that.  :devil
i'd tower out first...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 12:11:21 PM »
While I like the idea of taxiing to a repair hangar (not a rearm pad) and having minor repairs fixed for the cost of a few perk points and a few minutes sitting vulnerable in the hangar, I recognize some players view this as gamey.  I don't agree, and instead view towering out and immediately respawning as more gamey.

People are right though this suggestion has been made off and on since the rearm pads were introduced (long time ago, anyway).

HiTech once joined in on one of the threads and said he couldn't see implementing it unless it ended the sortie.   I think that pretty much killed it, because it leaves no reason to spend time and the perk points on repairs when the same result will be accomplished by towering out.   

I think you need to keep it at the same sortie for it to have a reason for use (ie, an extension of the re-arm pad idea).   

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 12:18:41 PM »
Maybe an ability to fork over a couple fighter/bomber perkies in exchange for a 30 second limited repair service at the rearm pad?

And when i mean limited, i simply mean that things like rudders/elevators are replaced, along with oil leaks&fuel leaks. But things like damage to the wings&airframes (bullet holes, structural weakness) and the cockpit stay the same.
Also, if you have a PW, your unable to repair yourself.

Just a thought  :salute

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 12:23:52 PM »
None of those are simple. Not even an oil leak is simple when it's leaking because bullets cracked your gearbox, trashed your oil pump, etc.

There is no such thing as a "simple" fix... Even simple bullet holes put a plane out of commission until they were cleaned and patched and prepped and repainted.