Author Topic: Getting Repairs while rearming  (Read 1997 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: Getting Repairs while rearming
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2011, 01:23:46 PM »
Reason why i said you'd spend perkies to get a 30 sec repair.
Combat damage to the wings, such as bullet holes, structural weakness from taking fire, etc would not be repaired.
Only thing that would be repaired is things like, elevator/aileron replacement, and patched up fuel tank/oil leak.
PW's would not be treatable through this service.

Perks spent or not, recovering or replacing control surfaces such as elevators, rudders and ailerons are fabric covered (since there would be a need for a ridiculous amount of counterweight if they were metal clad) and are not the easiest thing to replace in a jiffy.  Recovering fabric surfaces is not a quick thing to do and more then likely if a control surface is damaged or missing, the related control cables, etc will also be destroyed as well, meaning that they are too short to reattach and would require fishing new cables, etc throughout the structure which is time consuming to say the least once the wings, etc are skinned.

Making it possible to spend perks to repair planes quickly would just be a concession for those requiring instant gratification and would be a giant step towards making this game more "arcade-ish" and not requiring players to learn more ACM or plan their engagements more carefully.  In addition, it would only benefit those looking to "get their name in lights", pad their score or rack up lots of kills without worrying whether or not they are flying prudently enough to keep their plane intact.  Since the planes are already free, the score hounds are the only ones that would benefit.

An easier thing to do would be to make sure your plane is not tore up when and if you rearm.  
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2011, 01:39:35 PM »
You gotta try something else besides a pee-38   :P

I can fly anything in the game. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2011, 02:37:17 PM »
I can fly anything in the game. :)

Well then, you should know that the rest of the planes do not leak Margarita mix  :D
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2011, 02:46:12 PM »
Well then, you should know that the rest of the planes do not leak Margarita mix  :D

If you see a SAPP 38 with DTs on.... one has Cuervo and the other Triple-sec.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2011, 09:06:06 PM »
I

DO NOT

want to know where the salt and lime come from

You bomber pilets are freaking weird  :eek:
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2011, 09:18:38 AM »
You do get repaired and rearmed at the same time already. The mechanics just want you to wait in the tower while they're working.

Was there something else you had in mind regarding improving your score? If everybody improved their score with repairs on the pad your relative position on the scoreboard would be the same. Repairs on the rearming pad would only help your score if nobody else could do it.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2011, 10:42:03 AM »
You do get repaired and rearmed at the same time already. The mechanics just want you to wait in the tower while they're working.

Was there something else you had in mind regarding improving your score? If everybody improved their score with repairs on the pad your relative position on the scoreboard would be the same. Repairs on the rearming pad would only help your score if nobody else could do it.

That sums this wish up.  :ahand
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2011, 10:47:23 AM »
+1 for getting fixed on the rearming pad should also make repairs for vhs
at the v bases.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2011, 11:13:23 AM »
A rearm pad on the concrete pad in front of the main "hanger" used to select loadouts would be nice at ports or V bases.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2011, 11:30:17 AM »
The idea has some merits in terms of gameplay.

How is it more realistic to be killed and just hit "NW" in the hangar and have a new life and a new plane as opposed to a repair on a pad?...and what the 30 second refuel and rearms are ultra realistic?

There is no penalty to dying in AH in the Main Arena other than score. So going on and on about realistic repairs seems out of place when you can just go kamikaze and hit the runway button for a new plane and life. So the repair is speeded up? <gasp> . To get the repair at least they had to properly land and taxi to the rearm pad and with a damaged plane it takes actual skill to do that sometimes. Why not give a benefit?

I think it would increase the # that actually try and rtb a sortie. It would be a benefit to SEA setups too if you could land and make a repair rather than lose a plane life for the whole frame.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2011, 12:20:23 PM »
I'm with Squire on this one.   

We seem to pick and choose what we fancy as "realistic" in the game.  I guess just as one man's meat is another man's poison, it appears one man's realistic feature is another man's gamey attribute.

I'm mystified at how someone who is willing to land, taxi across an airfield to a repair hangar, wait around and spend perk points to have the damage on their plane repaired, and then taxi again to a rearm/refuel pad and spend another 30 secs waiting while their plane is fueled and armed can be accused of wanting instant gratification.    I must be reading that wrong.

Offline Devonai

• Copper Member
      • Reckless Faith
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2011, 01:03:44 PM »
you guys that keep posting did you miss this part?  

semp

What does it matter to you how someone else chooses to spend their time?

I would support this idea for one specific thing:  One, tweak the damage model to differentiate between a jammed gun and a damaged gun.  If a gun is only jammed, it could be cleared on the rearm pad.

I'm not talking about implementing random weapon jams, as has been discussed elsewhere before.  I'm simply suggesting that there is a difference between a fragged receiver and a damaged/severed belt.  The latter can be fixed easily on the ground using standard reloading procedures.
Guns!  Aliens!  Talking cats!  My new Science Fiction adventure, now on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/David-Kantrowitz/e/B002BMHJPE/

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2011, 02:21:27 PM »
I am not saying that, all the demage u take or the pm should disappear magicly in 30secs. or so. But it would be nice if we could atleast get the missing small parts , minor demage reparied etc. lets say for a certain amount of perk and for like 2-3mins parking.

It is really annoying when u have 2 3 hours of flight and after 2nd 3rd rearm, getting shot in the engine by some puff ack which is like 8k away and force to change plane.

after all this is a game and does not need to be all that realistic.

and i checked the  related wishes and i dont understand why HTC keeps saying no to repairs while like 90 percent of their clients wishes for it.
sounds to me like you want to land a whole bunch of kills in 1 sortie,,instead of landing 2 or 3 kills or evan 1-per sortie...just land what u have and then reup--your sortie rate will climb but so what..as for gv's if you r tracked or you turret is dead then you have to go backto base and tower anyway.or get someone to tower and bring to supps.and you're tracked,no supps your dead.in a plane is heavley damaged you can still fly back to base.evan deadsticked and pw'ed i have made it back to land to deny to badguy a kill and i have never asked or wished for runway or rearm pad repairs before and never will.and in rl it takes more than 30 sec.to repair or evan refuel and rearm any plane or gv.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline USAF2010

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2011, 06:08:58 PM »
I say, keep the usual rearm pads with they are, in their traditional role, but on the other hand, when you taxi your aircraft into its respective hangar (fighter/bomber), you may get repairs.

This also keeps it to the point where if the aircraft is unable to taxi, or what not, well it's a write-off for the maintenance guys  :aok
Defensor Fortis - Defenders of the Force
"INCOMING"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2011, 06:12:02 PM »
No, right now rearming is a way to keep a sortie going as a test of skill, flying multiple sorties without being damaged.  Turn the rearm in a rearm & repair and it loses any distinctions from simply reupping.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-