Author Topic: Wish for the week - Old strat system  (Read 2348 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Wish for the week - Old strat system
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2011, 12:23:33 PM »
I would also suggest at the same time putting a wind layer at 25K - there should be something to stop the unrealistic laser accurate bombing from way high altitude.  A wind layer to move those bombs a bit will make it a little tougher to get hits on the HQ.

Wind does not affect bombs once they've been dropped...as far as I can remember.  Getting rid of the auto-calibration and adding upper-level winds would be a good step though. Wind will push your bomber and alter its speed. Manual calibration will help adjust for the wind, but will also bring into play some small bit of talent and experience to calibrate properly to get bombs on target.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2011, 10:34:33 PM »
Then we would end up with bombers that never climb above 6000 feet.

As it is, it's rare to find battles at historic altitudes.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 10:44:08 PM by icepac »

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2011, 12:38:03 AM »
Would towns resupping depots , and depots resuping the Strats make any sense?  You could  also possibly  move smaller factories  to some towns and as  nearby fields are capped the uncapped areas would increase their "production" but the strats  would take  longer  to  reup. Then again I'm also  very tired and  can quite  get  the idea I have to completely  form. I know something like this  would require  a lot  of  numbers  being crunched  between how  much does  a train/convoy from a town resup  a depot and such.     
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2011, 07:40:19 AM »
Supplies have many times been repurposed from thier original arrival point to where they were needed.

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2011, 11:48:17 AM »
Would towns resupping depots , and depots resuping the Strats make any sense?  You could  also possibly  move smaller factories  to some towns and as  nearby fields are capped the uncapped areas would increase their "production" but the strats  would take  longer  to  reup. Then again I'm also  very tired and  can quite  get  the idea I have to completely  form. I know something like this  would require  a lot  of  numbers  being crunched  between how  much does  a train/convoy from a town resup  a depot and such.     

I like the idea's of depots for the fronts. This would also open up shipping lanes. Certain ports could act as a resupply shipping convoy home port. Then subs would definitly make sense. I also miss the train.
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2011, 02:20:56 PM »
When we had this system I used to Bomb some :)
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2011, 04:51:17 PM »
I've outlined a couple wishlist items before that integrated zones with the old individual strats, and the "mega strat" being tied into the zones for resupply.

That way we could have both, and both would be important for different reasons (i.e. a zone or front you want to bomb to help your team, or an overall bombing effort to harm the enemy production).

I think that would be best, a mix of both.

I'm fairly new here and don't have any experience with the old systems, but I have noticed the lack of strategic activity ... On reflection I think it may be a far reaching aspect of the game and present some challenges that I don't see considered here ...

1 - If strategic damage effects availability of assets ... HOW do players react ? I suspect that a LOT of them would just decide to switch sides and desert rather than play at a disadvantage ???

2 - This would likely encourage MORE mission planning and participation which would detract from the base grabbing and 1 on 1 activity ? I'd like that, but would everyone else?

3 - Right Now the game is like checkers, everyone can learn it and play it fairly easily. HOW MUCH strategy can be added before it turns into CHESS and complexity starts turning people off?  :confused:
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2011, 04:53:09 PM »
3 - Right Now the game is like checkers, everyone can learn it and play it fairly easily. HOW MUCH strategy can be added before it turns into CHESS and complexity starts turning people off?  :confused:

So what you're saying is that the solution to the strat problem is chinese checkers.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2011, 05:07:41 PM »
So what you're saying is that the solution to the strat problem is chinese checkers.

Might be a little TOO complicated for SOME of the people I've seen around here !  :joystick:
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.