Author Topic: My Impressions So far....LOOONG  (Read 5241 times)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
Re: My Impressions So far....LOOONG
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 11:25:30 PM »
3 Million miles!?!?

But seriously looks and sounds like a great car.

I'm sure 3 million would be a record of some sort
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 12:58:26 AM »
Nice Cap!  My best wishes on a bunch of fun miles with your Stang.

Now...  When you want to get a REAL car, come talk to me about a Camaro ZL1.  http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-zl1/#image1

Only kidding...  That's a sweet ride ya got there.   :D

« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 01:00:47 AM by AAJagerX »
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 03:18:14 AM »
nice review, looks great in black too. glad you opted for the brake package rather than the bling, every modern car Ive owned has had brembo or tarox discs and pagid pads upgraded on it :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 06:01:37 AM »
Go back and slap your sales guy for putting that sticker on it.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 06:45:46 AM »
+1 on getting rid of the dealer sticker...

Next time wash her before taking her picture :)  Just kidding.

Real question - how come you have the ambient light set to *purple*?   :lol

Nice purple highlights off of the pedals.  Real purdy.   :aok
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011, 06:46:35 AM »
Seriously again, nice car. 
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 07:34:02 AM »
Nice write up Cap, very nice ride as well.  Before the snow flew yesterday I had put about 1000km last week on our Viper before putting it back into storage until next year, and as I'm sure as anyone can imagine that when out driving in it ANYONE with anything resembling a performance car will try and race/catch/pass/annoy you at every opportunity.  It's strange, in all the Vette's I've owned including a blown Z06 that was actually faster than the Viper I'd rarely notice this, but the Dodge car just seems to attract it, or bring it out of other drivers.  Digression over, my point is the last car I ran into to try this was a new 5.0 Mustang identical to yours.  I was not just impressed with it, I would rate my surprise at "shocked" at how it performed for a base-ish model Mustang, plus the driver new what he was doing as well I think.  There is a great strip of road North of Calgary that go-faster drivers frequent, and dammed if he wasn't a lot closer to my tail lights than I thought he should have been all the way up it.  Once the snow is gone I'll be seriously looking at one of these as project #2 for next year instead of the Camaro, which is something I'd never thought I would say.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 07:42:07 AM »
3 Million miles!?!?

But seriously looks and sounds like a great car.

300k........85's only went to 100k, then flipped.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011, 07:44:07 AM »
Go back and slap your sales guy for putting that sticker on it.

yea i know, but here in nj, there has to be something. it's the dealer sticker, or a regular sticker...with the dealer sticker, she doesn't go through inspection for 5 years.  :devil

hey!!! i just thought about this!! since i don't have to get her inspected for 5 years, it must be legal for me to take the cats off!! woohoo!!!! another 3.5hp!!!!!! YAEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!  :devil
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 07:51:33 AM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011, 07:49:04 AM »
+1 on getting rid of the dealer sticker...

Next time wash her before taking her picture :)  Just kidding.

Real question - how come you have the ambient light set to *purple*?   :lol

Nice purple highlights off of the pedals.  Real purdy.   :aok

i like it because it almost duplicates the look of a black light being lit(another trip back into the 70's).  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 07:56:34 AM »
That's a sweet ride Cap and an excellent writeup and black on black is a great way to go in my not so humble opinion but, like you, I do like the Kona Blue.  Shame you, Golfer, and I are so far apart.  Getting the three stangs together for some photo's would be pretty cool. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011, 08:01:34 AM »
Nice write up Cap, very nice ride as well.  Before the snow flew yesterday I had put about 1000km last week on our Viper before putting it back into storage until next year, and as I'm sure as anyone can imagine that when out driving in it ANYONE with anything resembling a performance car will try and race/catch/pass/annoy you at every opportunity.  It's strange, in all the Vette's I've owned including a blown Z06 that was actually faster than the Viper I'd rarely notice this, but the Dodge car just seems to attract it, or bring it out of other drivers.  Digression over, my point is the last car I ran into to try this was a new 5.0 Mustang identical to yours.  I was not just impressed with it, I would rate my surprise at "shocked" at how it performed for a base-ish model Mustang, plus the driver new what he was doing as well I think.  There is a great strip of road North of Calgary that go-faster drivers frequent, and dammed if he wasn't a lot closer to my tail lights than I thought he should have been all the way up it.  Once the snow is gone I'll be seriously looking at one of these as project #2 for next year instead of the Camaro, which is something I'd never thought I would say.

thank ya sir.

that's part of my amor with the new mustangs, besides their looks. they seem to be well able to perform with cars that outclass them by miles. i had no clue that these could hang so close to a viper.

my feeling on this, is that even a corvette will suffer against a mustang, unless the corvette is more than the base vette.

a buddy of mine has 2 vipers, and loves em both.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011, 09:27:18 AM »
Why your parents just going to buy you a $35,000 sports car for your first vehicle so you can crash it?

Oh! you must be talking about the mini-van...

Who says he will crash it. I bought my Daughter a gunmetal grey 40 year anniversary mustang as her first car at 15. It was a V6. She drove it very well and earned her Camaro I bought her last year.

If he likes to show off...... no matter what you buy him he will more than likely wreck it. That does not mean all kids are alike.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2011, 09:37:02 AM »
Who says he will crash it. I bought my Daughter a gunmetal grey 40 year anniversary mustang as her first car at 15. It was a V6. She drove it very well and earned her Camaro I bought her last year.

If he likes to show off...... no matter what you buy him he will more than likely wreck it. That does not mean all kids are alike.

I agree with this 100%.  I've driven high performance vehicles from day 1 of driving, and even had my full motorcycle license when I was 15, a year younger than you can get a car license circa 1989 in Canada.  My first bike was a Honda 750 Interceptor, and my 2nd a couple of years later was the first of the CBR 900RR Honda series.  My first car was an Eagle Talon TSI Turbo in 1990, and all my rides have gotten better from there.  I never had a single crash of any kind in my youth, and although YES I did do some things driving that were probably questionable, I made it through OK.  I'm sure our youngsters now should be given the same chance that I was.  Life is to short to drive something average after all.  My advice is to get what you really WANT, and enjoy it while you have it, and to just have the attitude that you aren't the only one out there and to treat other drivers how you would like to be treated.  That wave you get from fellow bike riders, or the high beam flips from another sportscar driver, and even the yells and waves from kids in the window beside you trying to convince you to do a full power launch at that next light are more than worth it.

edit - Seeing Tupac at the top of the thread made me think of his folks.  Putting your offspring alone into a cockpit of a plane takes more balls than letting them loose on a 400 hp car in my book, and Tupac from all accounts I've read on here is doing fantastic with his flying/aircraft maint/etc.  He's the kind of example I think I'd most want young drivers and even pilots to take after.  Like the previous poster said, if a young driver wants to show off, invariably they'll learn their lesson irregardless of what they're operating.

buddy of mine has 2 vipers, and loves em both.

Ya Cap, like I said back in the car picture thread, this is Viper number 2 for me also.  I had my first one back when they were relatively new and very rare, and my fondest memories of driving ANY car are of that one back around 96 or so.  They are still pretty rare, especially in Alberta, when I drove my Vette I'd see another one or two every time I went out to drive around or head out to Banff for the day.   No longer.  The downside is that if a cop in the oncoming lane sees me going a tad faster than he appreciates, I'm the ONLY red Viper out on the road in a city of 1.1 million as a matter of near certainty, so expecting any "breaks" if there is a ...legal entanglement over velocity at some later date is pure fantasy.

I'm going out to the Ford dealership this afternoon to peruse a few of their Mustangs left on the lot from this year, I don't know what it is about this car today, your write up, or what, but I'm compelled to go explore them.  If the dealership doesn't burst into flames when I walk in, as I've always been told would happen if my shadow crossed their door, I'll report in how it goes.  I still can't believe I'm going to do this, as my youth was spent in battle with my arch enemies, most of whom were "rollin, in my five point oh"....I feel like I'm doing something traitorous.   Again, something fishy is going on, don't be surprised by a new car picture here later to match yours.  To be continued.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 09:49:45 AM by Gman »

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2011, 09:57:41 AM »
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute