Author Topic: My Impressions So far....LOOONG  (Read 5243 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: My Impressions So far....LOOONG
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2011, 10:07:36 AM »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2011, 10:08:12 AM »
jeezuz cap, clean out that garage man...you barely have enough room to park a moped in there without scratching it.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2011, 10:08:34 AM »
Don't know but it looks evil enough to be a pet of mine :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2011, 10:12:50 AM »
jeezuz cap, clean out that garage man...you barely have enough room to park a moped in there without scratching it.

i'm still working on the garage. i had let it get out of hand over the years, as i never put my dakota or jeep in there. what you see in there, is after about 5 hours worth of cleaning, and throwing crap away.  i have a long way to go yet.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2011, 10:30:47 AM »
Who says he will crash it. I bought my Daughter a gunmetal grey 40 year anniversary mustang as her first car at 15. It was a V6. She drove it very well and earned her Camaro I bought her last year.

If he likes to show off...... no matter what you buy him he will more than likely wreck it. That does not mean all kids are alike.

190hp in that '04 vs 412 in the new GT isn't exactly apples to apples.

I wouldn't turn myself loose in one of these new GTs at 16. Older me is scared of the thought of younger me with something like that.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2011, 10:33:44 AM »
I turn Squid loose in the 2012 Stang with all the confidence in the world that if something happens it won't be because he's doing something stupid.  I wish I had his maturity back when I was 18. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2011, 10:36:25 AM »
Well with only some very basic mods you can get a GT into the 11s. That's pretty speedy for an every day street car for your average 16 year old boy.

The sixers don't have that same power and controllability is easier and torque is significantly less than the GTs.  They also don't have so much more engine than you need which is good for a younger driver I'd think We could all agree to.

I drove a GT500 recently. Want. Want want want. I pity the 16 year old ok borrowed time in one of those ;)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:41:06 AM by Golfer »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2011, 10:38:38 AM »
190hp in that '04 vs 412 in the new GT isn't exactly apples to apples.

I wouldn't turn myself loose in one of these new GTs at 16. Older me is scared of the thought of younger me with something like that.

this.

when we're that young, we think we can handle anything.

personally, i clearly remember thinking i could. looking back, i am thankful i never had this kind of power when i was young, as i more than likely wouldn't be here today.

we also need to remember, that the 6 cylinder mustangs have significantly more power of the v8 mustangs of past.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:40:24 AM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2011, 11:09:55 AM »
Who says he will crash it. I bought my Daughter a gunmetal grey 40 year anniversary mustang as her first car at 15. It was a V6. She drove it very well and earned her Camaro I bought her last year.

If he likes to show off...... no matter what you buy him he will more than likely wreck it. That does not mean all kids are alike.

shuff.....there is a huge difference though. it seems to me that you've taken a very active role in your daughter learning to drive. you seem to have that sort of personality.
 it's all too common these days though, where too many parents don't do this. it's those people we need to watch out for. they think that because they can drive in "need for speed" that they can jump into 400 or 500hp right off the bat. this is compounded by some parents not explaining that there's a huge difference on the streets in the real world, and that there are consequences for certain actions.

i am somewhat thankful that i never had anything this powerful when i was that young, as i did exhibit a lack of common sense back then. i gained it rather quickly, but i didn't have it to begin with.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Nypsy

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2011, 11:30:15 AM »
Congrats Cap!

She is beautiful!

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2011, 11:47:45 AM »
Not a mustang guy unless it was an ancient rebuilt one like the one my Dad and I did back when I was in high school but that is a nice looking ride. Be safe in that puppy.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2011, 12:02:17 PM »
this.

when we're that young, we think we can handle anything.

personally, i clearly remember thinking i could. looking back, i am thankful i never had this kind of power when i was young, as i more than likely wouldn't be here today.

we also need to remember, that the 6 cylinder mustangs have significantly more power of the v8 mustangs of past.

I am 17 and I drive my parents 2004 Honda CR-V.  I have gone 106 mph in it before.  I would be dead if I had your car probably.  I could handle it  :rolleyes:.
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2011, 12:05:19 PM »
I am 17 and I drive my parents 2004 Honda CR-V.  I have gone 106 mph in it before.  I would be dead if I had your car probably.  I could handle it  :rolleyes:.

yikes!!! a cr-v will go that fast? that is a frightening thought to me.  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2011, 03:09:14 PM »
Well with only some very basic mods you can get a GT into the 11s. That's pretty speedy for an every day street car for your average 16 year old boy.

The sixers don't have that same power and controllability is easier and torque is significantly less than the GTs.  They also don't have so much more engine than you need which is good for a younger driver I'd think We could all agree to.

I drove a GT500 recently. Want. Want want want. I pity the 16 year old ok borrowed time in one of those ;)

Yes till 2011 the mustang was rather anemic. They woke up when the V6 Camaro was putting down almost the same horses as the V8 GT.

Fun HP wars again. Even trucks and other cars are getting more HP.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2011, 03:11:16 PM »

The little sixers like Dicho's MCA and mine come in at 305HP starting in 2011.  2010 GTs came with 310. The 2004 made 260 off the showroom floor. You can drive off in a base V6 Mustang coupe in the "teens" cost wise. For that money you're packing more power than the 2009 GT.

They're good performers and while I don't think they'd overwhelm a new driver they are definitely peppy. Enough that I've been to the track a few times now and for what I paid I can't feel at all bad about the performance I'm getting. Going back to the track tomorrow :)

Goal on street tires with zero mods in my convertible is 13.xx which should be around 103-4 mph.  Not bad for a sixer that pulled 30+ mpg on my trip home to Ohio last week.  If I had a coupe with taller gears (3.31 vs the 2.73s I have) and stickier tires (same as Caps) it would be no problem. The verts aren't made for that but if it went any faster I'd need a roll bar which is something I'm not going to do. No point cutting it up for that speed.

When the 11-12 GT500s are in the mid 30's then I've got my track day car. :)

(puts the tangent train back on the tracks)