Author Topic: who are u........  (Read 4298 times)

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
Re: who are u........
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011, 05:30:56 PM »
I like to hang out with squad mates. I usually don't get mad too fast, but some things(or people) just get on my nerves long enough to make me want to explode.(which i have only done once :D) My favorite plane is the P-38 followed up by the 109.
Kommando Nowotny "Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 06:11:51 PM »
the only thing i can really say, is that the "me" that you see online, or on the bbs, is the same "me" you'll deal with when meeting in real life. i don't have time or inclination to do fake personas.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline NaTorino

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2011, 08:22:36 PM »
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 08:33:28 PM by NaTorino »

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2011, 08:42:37 PM »
I am from antarctica
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2011, 10:04:36 PM »
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2011, 10:11:27 PM »
i am..........

IRON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      :devil :airplane: :airplane: :airplane:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LjbMVXj0F8
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2011, 10:15:23 PM »
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2011, 10:34:32 PM »
I would have went with "http://youtu.be/ICbc8DpcX3w"

HOLY HIGH PITCH BATMAN!!

did someone kick him in the cajones on that third one?
 that being said....my singing sucks worse than his. why ain't i as rich as him?  :noid
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 10:36:40 PM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2011, 11:23:30 PM »
AH2 is the most dynamic and challenging game I have ever played, and its fantastic.  I have a lot of gamer friends and I cannot stop telling them about fights i have had using my hands to try to explain to them what it is and how you think and the way you imagine and predict.  IRL I am just a single grad student in some corner of the Cambridge UL plotting my research and ignoring the fact that I will die poor but happy-ish.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2011, 10:38:10 PM »
In all seriousness, in response to the OP, here's what AH is to me and "who I am" when I'm here.......

First, like I'd wager 99% of us here, I'm an airplane nut- particularly prop-jobs and warbirds. I became interested in WWII when I was probably 5 or 6 years old, and begged my mom to buy me the "American Heritage Picture Story of WWII" in the bookstore..... I poured over that casebound book for years, all 600+ pages of it. I grew up with an uncle who was a pilot in the USAF ("hauled trash" in C-141s) and retired a bird Colonel, now flies commercially for US Airways. All I ever wanted to be in life was a pilot.

I got my pilot's license in 1992 while an AFROTC Cadet, then found out a year later in 1993 I could not fly after failing the eye exam, this after having earned an appointment to the Air Force Academy. I stupidly gave up my dream, thinking I had no chance of being a military pilot, and went about the rest of college trying to figure out what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. Fast forward almost 20 years, and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

I've worked for two large corporations, and have been in sales in 3 different industries, currently owning one small business while working as a sales rep for another in a completely different field. The economy sucks, and life financially has been pretty much a struggle. Work and family life is hard enough, doing it in a bad economy in a job that is 100% commission based is a nice source if you're ever looking for a way to be really stressed out.

AH for me is a lot more than a game... it is an escape, a catharsis, a place where I go to be the person I want to be on the inside when I have to smile and be polite to a rude client. I was always involved in sports in school, and am probably too competitive for my own good, although I've learned to not worry so much about that as I've gotten older. But my goal as a 'toon pilot is to be the best squaddie and countryman as I can to the green guys, and the worst nightmare I can be for the red guys. I run my mouth too much on 200, I know, but I like to talk a little smack here and there, like back on the football field. I like to think that here, just like there, when the whistle blows and the game is over we all shake hands and are still really just a bunch of guys who have a lot more in common than we probably even realize, and all love the same thing.

:cheers: to all you cartoon pilots, even the ones on the other sides, just for being here and being part of something that has helped keep me sane for the past nearly 3 years.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Buzzard7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2011, 11:41:36 PM »
+1 Last two posts.
Well said gentlemen. :salute

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2011, 06:22:23 AM »
When I am not working, I am playing hockey (tending the net).  When I am not playing hockey, I am coaching my sons in hockey, when I am not coaching, I am playing AH2. 

I am a guy that served his country in the Infantry.  I can attest to the fact that I (and several of my Marine Brothers) owe our lives to an F-18 pilot in a combat situation (different story altogether).  My grandfather was a Navy Seabee that served alongside Marines in the Island Hopping Campaign in the Pacific in WW2.  I have always had a fascination with flight and WW2 so this game truly fits the mold for me.  In RL, I work for the Govt.  It is an extremely stressful job. 

When I started playing this game, all I did was point and shoot.  I didn't know what a HO was, but I was doing it often (point & shoot).  Through out the 4 years I have been playing this game, I have learned to actually fight instead of point & shoot.  I have learned a lot about flight from Rodent57 (actual USAF Retired pilot and heck of a guy / friend). 

In the beginning, my chat on 200 was either defensive or protective.  I have learned that chat on 200 is useless to me.  I don't talk it up anymore on 200 other than to salute someone over a good fight and I detune 200 to avoid getting into chat wars.

AH2, to me, is my one place where I go to destress from the real world.  A place that I go knock on a friend's door and ask if he can come out and play.  I truly like and respect the guys I fly with.   

I am glad this game exists for the mere fact that it is my only place to go to escape the realities of the world and enjoy the friends that I have made in this game.

:cheers:   
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2011, 09:47:38 AM »
I'm the old guy that never imagined we would have something like this game to play when I was young.

I'm the guy that plugged in my first computer 16 years ago and the first search I did was "Flying Games" and found Airwarrior and played 10 hours, untill 4 in the morning the first time I logged on.

I'm the guy that frequently wonders if I play too much.

I'm the guy who was an aircraft controller in the USAF and cannot stop looking at the map and dar and keep track of as much enemy and friendly activity as possible and use that information for textbook intercepts as I was taught.

I'm the guy who is aways patient and flys to an altitude that allows me to choose.

I'm the guy who was the biggest jerk you ever encountered in Warbirds.

I'm the guy that learned that these games are not my personal arena to be abusive to my fellow man.

I'm the guy who loves this game, loves the players, loves the camraderie and will always be kind and considerate to you no matter how you act.

I'm the guy who is the same in real life as I am in the game, finally.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2011, 10:24:30 AM »
Personally, I'm a mid 50's guy whos been playing here for over 10 years, with a couple years at Air Warrior. For the past 30 years I've been a vending tech repairing all kinds of vending machines from coffees to pinball and video games. Been married to the same wonderful women for almost 30 years and have 2 sons both with bachelors degrees <--- most proud of this part.

In the game, and on the boards I'm the same guy as in real life. I speak my mind, and don't suffer fools gladly. On the other hand I will go out of my way to help any one. To me this game, as well as Air Warrior as always been about the challenge. It's a game that can never be mastered. Sure you might become very good at parts of it, but never ALL of it. The only time the game gets frustrating to me is when people go out of there way to remove that challenge (see "HOing" and "Hording" in the Aces High dictionary). While being average at most of the game I don't think I excel at any of it. Like most people inside I'm secretly hoping the enemy are cringing in fear and saying "oh great Fugi's here", and that the friendlies around me are cheering "oh great Fugi's here".  :P

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2011, 12:14:06 PM »
Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual.

But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. I mean, it's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

Lee Harvey, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy. If the two of us together, forget it.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I'm gonna volunteer my leadership to this platoon. An army without leaders is like a foot without a big toe. And Sergeant Hulka isn't always gonna be here to be that big toe for us. I think that we owe a big round of applause to our newest, bestest buddy, and big toe... Sergeant Hulka.