Author Topic: Would Adding Enemies' Names to Their Icons Affect Gameplay?  (Read 1674 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: Would Adding Enemies' Names to Their Icons Affect Gameplay?
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2011, 01:26:27 PM »
would be cool to have an after operations debriefing for each flight, showing who was killed ( or who killed you) after landing, it would be in the hanger just click on the debriefing tab and all stats for that flight would be there, kill's , ammo used, percentage of rounds hitting, perks gained or lost. i don't know if a system like this would be a resource hog on the game though.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2011, 02:54:11 PM »
I believe this would be a bit of a double edged sword...Due to the plane I fly most often and the time I fly I may as well have the icon stating who I am...This has both positive and negative consequences...one is that yes I will get jumped on by many (all in fun though...well....that's what I tell myself) but I will also get some great 1,2 v 1's....also the full on headons are less as most know who I am and how I fight...trigger fingers do get twitchy :aok during a good hard turn fight but this isn't what I consider head on so much......So in essence when you know who you are fighting I believe the style of players adjusts accordingly (in most cases)...this would/could also stop much of the ganging as the names will be blazoned for all to see and if you see a known picker or should I say hi cover extraordinaire it will make you adjust accordingly..This however is something that you as a virtual fighter should know ...SA... icons or no....

As for the newer player...well they will do as others around them do and if they are not offered any help/guidance they will roll with what they know.

on the other side of it yes you will have people avoiding fights due to knowing .......picking on particular people ...but by in large it would be much like anything in these days of the gamers, exploit it if you can....the people who do it will...people who don't won't ..... honesty is lost within the sinternet by many a sad but true fact....
so although I personally don't want this idea I see +'s and -'s with it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 03:54:30 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2011, 03:01:02 PM »
I think more than a few people think this idea is at least interesting.

I repeat myself then and say, "Make it an option" for the pilot.

Without trying to guess what harm having the name/enemy icon would cause, what harm would it be having it as an option/preference ?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2011, 03:19:36 PM »
 I think the details of victories should be done in a separate window "after" you land. Losers should not see who shot them down from system.

The window should list detail for all your victories to you and only you. info from losses should be updated twice a day so you could look at it and see who shot you down last night, but not in "realtime" :aok Consider the 2 updates as "cooldown" :aok This would free up enormous space in the text buffer also  :aok :aok
 system would still show # of victories and what ride, but system would not show who shot you down!

Just a thought!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2011, 08:08:48 PM »
I think the easiest solution is to do what many of us do.  Just let folks you know that you are on the way, in what plane and at what altitude.  it works wonders for drawing red planes to my 38G :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2011, 02:15:51 AM »
Great idea in DA, but not that sure in MA for reasons previously noted.

Plus half the fun in MA is not knowing until a result. Although it’s true that more often than not you can hazard a fairly good guess based on previous fights, scoping text bar and roster. But that’s part of overall SA anyway.

Maybe a test run in there to see the effect is in order. Or for purists mid war for a trial.

Lots of fors and againsts, that’s for sure.

$0.02......... more againsts than fors in MA – reverse in DA
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2011, 07:27:24 AM »
would be cool to have an after operations debriefing for each flight, showing who was killed ( or who killed you) after landing, it would be in the hanger just click on the debriefing tab and all stats for that flight would be there, kill's , ammo used, percentage of rounds hitting, perks gained or lost. i don't know if a system like this would be a resource hog on the game though.
Years back HT said it was on todo list; or his own wishlist anyway.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2011, 09:01:20 AM »
Years back HT said it was on todo list; or his own wishlist anyway.

Nothing HT wants ever gets put in the game..... poor guy. :(
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2011, 09:59:19 AM »

Wouldn't mind seeing this  maybe a wishlish topic?
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep