Author Topic: Demographic change? Peak vs off - hours  (Read 1930 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: Demographic change? Peak vs off - hours
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 11:07:31 AM »
My biggest problem with "Off hours" which is generally anytime after 2AM EST and before schools out - there is absolutely very little fighting going on.
Generally speaking its a few base takers vs no defenders.

I usually will pop on during lunch like now and check out the map, and see whats going on - maybe fly a C202 or something.

You have not flown a C202 in the last 3 tours.  Try again. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »
You have not flown a C202 in the last 3 tours.  Try again. 

You sure have failed basic reading. Reread please.
JG 52

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2011, 11:30:19 AM »
advertising in the US would probably not help off hours....but in Europe that's another story.

But where would you advertise here? And would it be efficient? AFAIK the TV spots in US ran on military channel... there is no no such thing over here in Germany for example.
 One can't just throw some money somewhere and simply expect it to come back by increased revenues...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 11:32:58 AM »
I hear google sells targeted advertising space worldwide  :neener:. I believe TV is a poor media for advertising an online game.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2011, 11:41:53 AM »
I hear google sells targeted advertising space worldwide  :neener:. I believe TV is a poor media for advertising an online game.

Another problem is Television is based on certain hours, someone like me I rarely watch TV except for college football.

However, HTC could advertise on various "military history" websites, such as Achtung Panzer which is a website i've been visiting for years.
JG 52

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2011, 11:47:58 AM »
There's enough unemployed and night shift players right here in this country to have sufficient numbers. The declining numbers are due to stale game play, huge maps, no strategic goals, and mega squads running rampant. I haven't played in 3 weeks. Just logged in to see the numbers and lo and behold...same damn map as when I last logged in!  :rofl
My rank was 1100 of so. A couple of years ago if I didn't play for 3 weeks my rank would be 3 or 4 thousand. I'm telling ya these maps are killing the game as well as huge squads...not the lack of overseas players.

yeah competition from other games do have some effect, but where are all the old players at? Where's Betty, SnapHook, SkatSr, Kermit, BiPolar, Grizz, Moot, Tango, ChainGun,Murdr,DGhost,Lazer,Delirium..etc. I'll tell you. They got bored and sick of it all and moved on.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 11:56:14 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2011, 11:53:01 AM »
There's enough unemployed and night shift players right here in this country to have sufficent numbers. The declining numbers are due to stale game play, huge maps, no stragetic goals, and mega squads running rampant.

If that's would be true, wouldn't it affect all hours in about the same way? After all there are no more strategic goals during peak time than during off hours, and "mega" squads haven't really been a big issue during offhours - squad nights and combined operations are usually happening much later.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2011, 11:54:26 AM »
You sure have failed basic reading. Reread please.

I don't have to reread.  You didn't up a C202 in the last 3 LW tours.  I didn't check 139 on down.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2011, 11:56:52 AM »
I don't have to reread.  You didn't up a C202 in the last 3 LW tours.  I didn't check 139 on down.

Let me help you read then -

"I usually will pop on during lunch like now and check out the map, and see whats going on - maybe fly a C202 or something."

Stop acting like Midway now.
JG 52

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2011, 12:00:21 PM »
I don't have to reread.  You didn't up a C202 in the last 3 LW tours.  I didn't check 139 on down.
This is not the point of this thread. Could we possibly stay on topic?
Lighten up Francis

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 12:02:03 PM »
who are the 'mega squads' other than vDudes and CLAIM JUMPERS?
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2011, 12:03:18 PM »
 :noid
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2011, 12:06:13 PM »
If that's would be true, wouldn't it affect all hours in about the same way? After all there are no more strategic goals during peak time than during off hours, and "mega" squads haven't really been a big issue during offhours - squad nights and combined operations are usually happening much later.
In my mind it is effecting all hours about the same way. I don't keep stats like you do, but I bet if you could look at the precentage drop in the past two years, you'd see a 30 or 40 percent drop across the board. Given the low numbers that have always been on at late night compared to US primetime, you'd see numbers close to what we have now.
I realize you said the numbers are disproportionate but that would suggest that the prime time numbers are at what they were from years past. That's not what I'm seeing. But then again I don't have the stats to back up my statements either.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:23:17 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2011, 12:08:07 PM »
who are the 'mega squads' other than vDudes and CLAIM JUMPERS?

~Hells Angels~
ROLLINGTHUNDER
Pigs on the Wing
LCA
Jokers Jokers
GunFighters
CLAIM JUMPERS
365th FBG Hell Hawks
***Alchemists***
*****FREEBIRD$*****

Here are the list of squads with 2 or more squads. Interestingly vTards are not on the list.

JG 52

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2011, 12:12:21 PM »
If we had a beta02 sized map every off hours I'm sure we would find some action  :noid  :bolt:
now posting as SirNuke