Author Topic: Here We Go Again...  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: Here We Go Again...
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2011, 07:20:15 PM »
There was no reason for the rooks to take the bases in the first place. The rooks own the whole island now. For what reason? What good does it do for them? Pad their scores?

It does nothing but ruin a fight that could "always" be there any time of the day, unfortunately I wish when the map was made the 3 airbases could not be taken but this isn't the case.

JG 52

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2011, 07:34:48 PM »
There was no reason for the rooks to take the bases in the first place. The rooks own the whole island now. For what reason? What good does it do for them? Pad their scores?
Chaser I agree that it sucks when one side or the other owns the whole island. I too wish the Rooks didn't have the whole island, but the point of the game for half the population is to take bases. That's what they did. I can't knock them for that just as I don't fly off the handle when the Bishops or Knights do the same thing. But what I will do is get some guys together and take a few bases back.
You certainly won't get any back coming here instead. All that will get you is laughed at man. I'm a Rook and have been rooting for the Bish and Nits to take some back, but I'm not going to switch sides and do it for you....that's your job. The Rooks did their's and now the ball is in your court. So get in there and kick some butt, because you won't get much sympathy or satisfaction from the BBS.  :old:
Lighten up Francis

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2011, 06:04:25 AM »
Last night I suggested to the Bishops a few times on 200 that they needed to get a mission up to take a TT base back. They had a base in the next sector they could have upped from. But they weren't interested in the least. So Chaser, maybe you should take the issue up with them instead of the Rooks.  :salute

Why would bish want it back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing but a black hole :salute
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2011, 06:43:39 AM »
Chaser how old are you really? Jr. High? Why dont you do what the rooks did? Develop some leadership, organize and retake the bases. Thats the whole point of the game is too have fun. I fully admit that The devil dogs were responsible for the last two bases. Except for dirtdart  and a select few others, no one else seemed to care on your side. I readily salute those who defended to the last your defense was admirable for the few you managed to muster. This all happened around 4PM CST.

To Chaser grow up and quit your whining. Expecially on the boards. Its pathetic and embarassing. If someone organizes and retakes the bases so be it. The cycle of take and retake will continue.

<S> EZRhino

Offline M1A1

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2011, 09:58:54 AM »
 I got to admit it sucks when things like this happen but what can you do? Should other folks stop having their fun because it's not fun to you? Really it's a game and really has nothing to do with real life and yet folks take it so serious. If that is the case with you I suggest a break and focus on what is important and come back with better perspective on what we are talking about here which is a game. One in which is played by real people who all have their own idea's about what is fun and right and your opinion of what is and isn't fun only counts for you. If everything that wasn't fun or right to folks was made fair and even or corrected by Hi-tech then all we would do is fly around continuously and no one would die, bases would never be taken, CV's would never sink and how much fun would that be then? There are winners and losers in everything and it's our own faults for believing in the "Everyone one is a winner" syndrome. If you want the fights in TT to continue get your bases back and do a better job of defending them and quit complaining about it cause really who cares what you or anyone else has to say about it.......

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2011, 10:24:36 AM »
To uptown, ap1102, M1A1.  It still stands that they shouldn't have taken it in the first place. I'm sorry I can't be on 24/7 to defend it. I don't want to have to spend 2-3 hours of my time trying to get a base back that shouldn't have been touched. I'm a GV'er not a pilot. I hate flying and don't enjoy it at all. It's frustrating as hell. This is a HUGE map with plenty of other bases to take. So they need to leave TT alone. It's pointless to take it and ruins the fun for lots of players.

Offline M1A1

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2011, 10:41:52 AM »
Chaser,

Well the game is called Aces High and most of us fly. Suck as it may you are a minority here and well I love to GV ( I was a tanker in real afterall) but well this thing has been going on before you or I started playing. Get used to it or leave period. Crying about it won't help you or the game one bit. Hate to say it kiddo but Life sucks and so does this game sometimes...

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2011, 11:30:55 AM »
To uptown, ap1102, M1A1.  It still stands that they shouldn't have taken it in the first place. I'm sorry I can't be on 24/7 to defend it. I don't want to have to spend 2-3 hours of my time trying to get a base back that shouldn't have been touched. I'm a GV'er not a pilot. I hate flying and don't enjoy it at all. It's frustrating as hell. This is a HUGE map with plenty of other bases to take. So they need to leave TT alone. It's pointless to take it and ruins the fun for lots of players.

Chaser, I am confused and dissappointed with your response.  How do you come to a game called "Aces High" that is obviously built around aircraft and choose not to fly ?  I understand that it is difficult at times and can therefore be frustrating.  Have you chosen not to fly or learn to fly because it is hard ?  Choosing the more difficult path justifies the rewards when you are finally succesful.  If you cannot find a way to try and fly then maybe you can choose the harder path of getting your bases back with a GV and be rewarded.  Even if your complaint is heard and you get your bases "given" back to you, do you think that is winning, or even playing ?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2011, 11:33:06 AM »
Knights got it back. Now Bishops need to do the same.  :noid

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2011, 12:07:52 PM »

Chaser, check out WWII online is a ground base game, Tanks, infantry, AT guns and planes, the flight model sucks but the ground war is a blast, you get a 2week free trial to see if you like it, either that or World of Tanks but thats more arcadic then WWII online, just google both names you'll find them. Like others have said this game isnt really about massive ground battles yet it still needs alot of ground work to make it so.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2011, 01:06:45 PM »
Now knits trying to do the same.
 :cry
"its not ghey, its revange!!"
lmfao
AoM
City of ice

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2011, 01:30:59 PM »
I am not scared of an officer with Chicklets pinned to his uniform  :neener:

Chaser, you need a warface to scare those skummy rooks away ---> http://youtu.be/O6vHOR8lzTg
Thats not a war face, heres a a War Face!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgOaT4xzdvo&NR=1
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline wiskyfog

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2011, 01:47:57 PM »
wow that was annoying
The Alchemists-- "Always brewin up sumptin"

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2011, 02:20:35 PM »
Chaser, I am confused and dissappointed with your response.  How do you come to a game called "Aces High" that is obviously built around aircraft and choose not to fly ?  I understand that it is difficult at times and can therefore be frustrating.  Have you chosen not to fly or learn to fly because it is hard ?  Choosing the more difficult path justifies the rewards when you are finally succesful.  If you cannot find a way to try and fly then maybe you can choose the harder path of getting your bases back with a GV and be rewarded.  Even if your complaint is heard and you get your bases "given" back to you, do you think that is winning, or even playing ?

I don't fly because I don't enjoy it. I don't like climbing to 10K to realize I needed to climb another 10K to have a chance. I don't see the need to invest time in something I don't like and get so bored by. If the game didn't have tanks I would have never got past my 2 week trial. I like GVing and it would be fine if people would leave it alone.

And don't think I support the knights trying to take it back over. I'm just as pissed at them right now as I have been at the rooks. It's such a simple concept of "don't take all the bases." Yet nobody seems to grasp it. Stupid stupid stupid.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2011, 02:40:53 PM »
Get a big enough group of a people together there's a pretty good chance that a least a few of them will be jerks.

:)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.