Author Topic: Who is for Hire??? I Want to Buy a Winter Map for the MA's.  (Read 3293 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Who is for Hire??? I Want to Buy a Winter Map for the MA's.
« on: December 12, 2011, 08:23:34 PM »
The title says it all.  I want a winter map for the MA's I'm willing to pay for it. 

Also, just an FYI:
I've been in contact with an acquaintance friend of mine who is a computer programming prof at a local college here in Sioux Falls and he has 6 students who need a project for next semester.  I've tasked them with making a desert map for the MA's using multiple maps currently in the LW rotation, and a couple of the maps from the SEA.  I'll have full input as to gv spawn points, TT's, altitudes, etc. They are going to start on it over the holiday break.         
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: Who is for Hire??? I Want to Buy a Winter Map for the MA's.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 09:54:23 PM »
The title says it all.  I want a winter map for the MA's I'm willing to pay for it. 

Also, just an FYI:
I've been in contact with an acquaintance friend of mine who is a computer programming prof at a local college here in Sioux Falls and he has 6 students who need a project for next semester.  I've tasked them with making a desert map for the MA's using multiple maps currently in the LW rotation, and a couple of the maps from the SEA.  I'll have full input as to gv spawn points, TT's, altitudes, etc. They are going to start on it over the holiday break.         

I may have them do some thing for me.  I need some help on developing ports, marshling yards, cities ect for my map.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 10:24:11 PM »
I may have them do some thing for me.  I need some help on developing ports, marshling yards, cities ect for my map.

Hmm... I sense the middle man has a opportunity to make some money on this as well.   ;)  (j/k) 

We'll see how everything pans out.  They also just took on the task of making some 3D maps for the USGS and BLM as well. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 11:00:02 PM »

We'll see how everything pans out.  They also just took on the task of making some 3D maps for the USGS and BLM as well. 

I bet it is for GIS maps for the mining industry. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 11:30:55 PM »
I bet it is for GIS maps for the mining industry. 

Could be.  I do know one of their projects is for Thunder Basin National Grassland out in WY.  They are making some 3D models of some of the coal deposits that sit on the NW edge of the area.  Supposedly there is a new stretch of tracks that a railroad company wants to run though and the programming class is tasked with making a 3D map of 30 square miles of terrain.  That is for the BLM.  I have no idea what they are doing for the USGS.   

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 11:47:26 PM »
I know what they are going to do with the 3D. Most likely they will interorgate it into GIS.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 09:46:19 AM »
Have you contacted hitech creations about this project? Preferably skuzzy. Custom textures and objects are usually not allowed in the MA terrains. There is a winter texture in the new editor that maybe used but before a lot of time and energy is spent on this it would be advisable to clear it with skuzzy.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 09:48:13 AM by 68falcon »
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 10:28:47 AM »
Have you contacted hitech creations about this project? Preferably skuzzy. Custom textures and objects are usually not allowed in the MA terrains. There is a winter texture in the new editor that maybe used but before a lot of time and energy is spent on this it would be advisable to clear it with skuzzy.

Not yet, but I will.  So far, they've only downloaded the current maps for reference and some editing tools. 

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 03:41:46 PM »
According to Skuzzy's stickied post, custom textures are allowed:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,176625.msg2030354.html#msg2030354
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 03:53:43 PM »

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,176625.msg2030354.html#msg2030354

Good show ranger. 

SmokinLoon, let me know if they can help me out.  It most likley a easy task to do.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline 68falcon

• Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 04:52:50 PM »

I wasn't sure that is why I suggested he call. Now he doesn't have too  :aok
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 04:57:16 PM »
Never know though.  A call couldn't hurt.  I submitted a new WW1 terrain with custom textures and am having a helluva time getting it in the game.  Was told HT himself has to approve it this time. :pray
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline 68falcon

• Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 09:44:47 PM »
As with you I have spent time and energy on a terrain to find out that something wasn't going to work.
Never know though.  A call couldn't hurt.  I submitted a new WW1 terrain with custom textures and am having a helluva time getting it in the game.  Was told HT himself has to approve it this time. :pray

I Know he feeling  :O I do agree a phone call could head off some wasted time and energy  ;)
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 08:36:54 AM »
I will call HTC after I speak to Roger (the prof) again and get some more details from him.  I'd hate for them to make a truly wonderful desert map true to the Tunisia terrain only to have HTC shoot it down for whatever reason. 

I already have down an entire "wish list" for the programmers to put in to the map.  From the number of and proximity of gv spawn points, altitudes of the bases, etc.  The lay out of the bases I'm hoping to get in to a "tri" yin-yang arrangement, with maybe 60 bases or so for each side.           

His class does the work for the BLM and USGS for free, but I offered a donation to their "computer geek club" (their term, not mine), and he initially refused but eventually accepted.   

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 07:53:18 PM »
As far as a winter MA terrain goes, it's not so much the textures, as it is the ground clutter that is the problem.  HTC forces us to use the default ground clutter for (only)MA terrains.  You can rearrange the clutter objects in the OE, but you still must use these same objects.  Even the other objects that HTC makes available in the TE/OE are not to be used.  So, in essence, you may have a great winter terrain with awesome snow textures, but the terrain will still be covered in bright green trees, bushes & hedgerows.

Loon, if you are gonna do a desert terrain project & need textures, I have hundreds of terrain textures, including scores of never-seen-before-in-AH desert ones.  Let me know if you need me to hook you up with some. :salute

An example:
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩