Author Topic: ACM Help  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Twsted72

• Zinc Member
ACM Help
« on: January 11, 2012, 07:46:57 AM »
I would like some ACM help.  I am a "decent" pilot, and have spent quite a bit of time in the game, however, ACM was never a strong suit, and have spent significantly more time as a bomber.

I would like to set a up time with a trainer.

Please advise.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: ACM Help
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 08:11:56 AM »
You can hasten the process by posting what time zone you are in and when you are available for training.   :salute

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Twsted72

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 08:15:54 AM »

TZ = EST

Avail. - Most Evenings after 5pm

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 01:07:17 PM »
I can be available just about any evening after 8 Central time.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Twsted72

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 01:43:03 PM »
AAJagerX -

If you would like "24hours" to prepare, tomorrow night will be fine, however, what ever works out best for you, as tonight is good as well.  8pm CST will be fine.

:aok  Thank you

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 07:54:24 PM »
Do yourself a big favor and go to this site, Netaces.org and read the Learning Guides as well as the Learn to Fight guides.  This will help you while you're working with a trainer as you'll already have an idea of the maneuvers you're learning and better able to focus on areas you need help in.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Twsted72

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 06:23:01 AM »
Thanks Ack Ack.

I will spend some time reading over those.  Im not how this might apply, but, one of my biggest challenges is getting bullets on target.  However, I think my issue in that, is timing along with lead.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 05:49:06 PM »
Do yourself a big favor and go to this site, Netaces.org and read the Learning Guides as well as the Learn to Fight guides.  This will help you while you're working with a trainer as you'll already have an idea of the maneuvers you're learning and better able to focus on areas you need help in.

ack-ack

QFT!  this is some great advice.

Being familar with the basic moves and terms goes a long way to helping the trainers help you. The less time we have to explain what this term or that means the more we can focus on the task at hand.

:salute

Offline Twsted72

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 07:30:24 PM »
Well, Im not brand new to the game.  I understand the basics and the concepts.  I have 4.5 years split with a 3 yr break.
I have about 15 yrs in flying games in general.  I just have a hard time in this, sticking with a target, getting bullets on target.  I think its not so much the maneuvers, as it is as much timing and acquisition.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 07:35:05 PM »
Well, Im not brand new to the game.  I understand the basics and the concepts.  I have 4.5 years split with a 3 yr break.
I have about 15 yrs in flying games in general.  I just have a hard time in this, sticking with a target, getting bullets on target.  I think its not so much the maneuvers, as it is as much timing and acquisition.

This article up at SimHQ might be of help to you.

Air to Air Gunnery Revisited - Guns, Gunsights, and Convergence

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 08:26:31 PM »
This article up at SimHQ might be of help to you.

Air to Air Gunnery Revisited - Guns, Gunsights, and Convergence

ack-ack

Thanks for linking to that ack-ack.  That is the best discussion of air to air gunnery that I have seen.  I hadn't seen that one before.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 09:24:54 PM »
All good advice. And while I may not be a veteran of Warbirds and other sims, like AKAK and others here, my 6 years here does qualify me to say this:

Practice makes perfect, or at least slightly improved  ;).

What plane are you flying primarily? And if you don't have one, it would probably be good to pick one and stick to it, so you get to know that one plane VERY well, and how to fight from it.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Twsted72

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 05:06:42 AM »
good stuff Ack Ack, thank you.

I got to spend about an hour with morfiend last night, and learned a couple things that I hadnt taken the time to think or consider on, during my engagements.  So, Im planning on taking more time in training arena chasing you trainers around.

thanks

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 01:52:45 PM »
Sorry for not contacting you sooner Twisted, I had a pretty bad night yesterday.  My dog of 12 years has been fighting an aggressive cancer for the last month, and she lost that fight at 11:45 pm yesterday.  I've been in the hospital staying with her just about constantly and all but forgot that I had made arrangements with you.  I'll probably be on tonight for a while to get my mind off of things.   I'll look for you.

Edit:  Thanks for helping out Morf/Ack-Ack
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:56:08 PM by AAJagerX »
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 03:34:30 PM »
Sorry about your dog Jager. Let me know if you need any training covered.