Author Topic: Please change the MW country change time to 15 min or less......  (Read 2139 times)

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
This arena does not have enough players in it for an hour long time limit to switch.  Ive seen to many times that when guys from the 2 low number countries try and band together to stop the high number country said high number country just switches to attacking the side with no one on it and we have to wait an hour to switch and defend.  Then the cycle just starts over again.  I know the time limit helps prevent spies and all but it really just isnt working in MW, we have spies and lots of players with 2 accounts the get around the time limit anyway. 

I feel this reduction in time would greatly help playability in this arena.
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
Re: Please change the MW country change time to 15 min or less......
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 09:50:43 AM »
Would you go for 30 minutes?

You still quitting this month?

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 09:56:18 AM »
id be willing to try it out, would be better than the hour we have now. 

Still seriously considering it.  Had a lot more fun the last week switching between bish and rook for the fights.  I have a few that are willing to join up and start a new squad with me, some bish some rook.  The point would be to switch to low number side to even out the fight, not hord the map.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 10:51:09 AM »
Until it gets away from being a special events arena, the arena filling that would fix this wish will not happen.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 10:58:33 AM »
MidWar is not a special events arena, you are thinking of the AVA

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 01:15:57 PM »
I know the time limit helps prevent spies and all but it really just isnt working in MW, we have spies and lots of players with 2 accounts the get around the time limit anyway.  I feel this reduction in time would greatly help playability in this arena.

I fly in MW almost exclusively, so do most of my squaddies (30+ Bish). It's a low population arena in which BISH and ROOK are USUALLY outnumbered.

With the frequent inequality in numbers ENY limitations are often in effect. There are several noted sideswitchers most of whom are under suspicion and are on my squads watch and film list. Side switchers have caused repeated problems with CV farming, ACK blocking, and Communications monitoring. Side switching and then going AFK for HRS isn't uncommon ... it prevents ENY from being effective and allows THEIR TEAMS often overwhelming numbers access to the larger plane set that ENY would normally deny them.

I'm not going to try and speak for everyone, but I think if you polled MY squaddies on the BISH team, nearly all of them would oppose shortening the limit and many would probably support extending the switch time or disallowing ANY side switching. -1 (at least)
:uhoh

If you frequent the MWA you know who I am and who I fly with, sorry Grumpy ... I'm not sure WHO you are or which side you're on ... I'll be home in a couple of days and have a new system configured ... look me up.
:salute - (I think) ...
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 02:47:55 PM »
You know who I am, we have played together many times.  As for your squad many have left recently to other countries because of your CO further unbalancing the arena.  I am only trying to bring balance in numbers so the arena is more playable. 

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 02:54:19 PM »
I think 30 minutes would be a good middle ground.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 03:52:53 PM »
Below 30 minutes, and I can see this being abused.  The style of play in the MW is hording but against undefended bases.  The 30 min switch would be nice for the defenders and people looking for fights, however the base rolling squads would have a hayday with Carriers and other unsavory actions to get their 25 perks.

:noid  :noid  :noid
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 03:54:47 PM »
You know who I am, we have played together many times.  As for your squad many have left recently to other countries because of your CO further unbalancing the arena.  I am only trying to bring balance in numbers so the arena is more playable. 
We had 3 players quit the squad and change sides... I think we recruited 5 or 6 new members as soon as it was known there might be openings ... Things were pretty 1 sided over the holidays with players traveling and involved with their families, but that seems to be finishing up and things are getting back to normal...

I would ask HT to query the MWA participants before changing the side switching delay ... IMHO it would increase the # of "incidents", encourage inappropriate activity, and further antagonise many of the long term arena regulars.
:eek:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 03:55:44 PM »
I have yet to go into MW this tour. I was a regular.

Looks like the cancer is still there.

MW has the best planeset in the game but because some use it only for milking perks, it will continue dieing. Changeover time moves to 30 minutes and perks seperate from other arenas.... might help it.

I am enjoying LW. Far better game play now that some have ruined MW.

The time for side change has nothing to do with spies. Normal for MW is 15 knights 2 Bish and 0 Rooks.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 03:58:32 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 04:26:21 PM »
I have yet to go into MW this tour. I was a regular. Looks like the cancer is still there. MW has the best planeset in the game but because some use it only for milking perks, it will continue dieing. Changeover time moves to 30 minutes and perks seperate from other arenas.... might help it. I am enjoying LW. Far better game play now that some have ruined MW.
Hello Shuffler. MW has improved a little -I- think ... Some of the worst participants and their "magic tricks" haven't been seen lately. But sideswitching has increased considerably. Most notable is the switchers who PARK themselves on the side with few participants and go AFK for HOURS ... in order to prevent ENY from making the better planes unavailable to the side that outnumbers everyone else. I'd seriously prefer to see a mandatory 24 hr delay imposed on side switchers, makes it a LOT easier to document inapropriate activity.

The time for side change has nothing to do with spies. Normal for MW is 15 knights 2 Bish and 0 Rooks.
There are definately OTHER methods for spying, but a quick sideswitch is probably the easiest and ? I don't see any reason for HT to make inappropriate activity EASY ... Many of the players who are habitually OUT NUMBERED have gotten pretty good at SPOILING base takes, but it can get to be a strain when you have sideswitchers jumpimg into ack gun's so that they CAN'T BE USED by defenders and relaying every word said on the team channels.
Allowing these side switchers to make a QUICK GETAWAY back to thier own team isn't going to improve anything.
:confused:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 04:36:56 PM »
Hello Shuffler. MW has improved a little -I- think ... Some of the worst participants and their "magic tricks" haven't been seen lately. But sideswitching has increased considerably. Most notable is the switchers who PARK themselves on the side with few participants and go AFK for HOURS ... in order to prevent ENY from making the better planes unavailable to the side that outnumbers everyone else. I'd seriously prefer to see a mandatory 24 hr delay imposed on side switchers, makes it a LOT easier to document inapropriate activity.
There are definately OTHER methods for spying, but a quick sideswitch is probably the easiest and ? I don't see any reason for HT to make inappropriate activity EASY ... Many of the players who are habitually OUT NUMBERED have gotten pretty good at SPOILING base takes, but it can get to be a strain when you have sideswitchers jumpimg into ack gun's so that they CAN'T BE USED by defenders and relaying every word said on the team channels.
Allowing these side switchers to make a QUICK GETAWAY back to thier own team isn't going to improve anything.
:confused:

Howdy EVZ! I think your really taking a paranoid look at the issue. If you increase changeover time it will do nothing to even teams. With so few numbers all it takes is 4 to come in on one side and everything is out of whack.

Spying happens much less than some would have you believe.

The known issue of the two low sides moving to the same side to defend and the high number side switching attack to the side with no numbers would partially be fixed by low changeover times.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 05:07:08 PM »
Howdy EVZ! I think your really taking a paranoid look at the issue.
Nothing paranoid about sharing personal experience ... or disagreeing about the effect of making sideswitching easier.

If you increase changeover time it will do nothing to even teams.
No it won't, but it will prevent those "Helpfull" players from returning to their own team ASAP and proceeding to SINK all the carriers of the team they just HELPED ... (in record breaking time!) as recently happened ... more paranoia?

Spying happens much less than some would have you believe. 
I agree that inexperienced players may often mistake expert tactics, especially observation skills, as spying. Particularly in the LWA where players don't know the opposition by name and sideswitchers aren't easily identified.

If I'm being paranoid? That can easily be established by polling the regular players in MWA regarding what they think about sideswitching delay.  Seems like a GOOD idea to me ...
:)

Offline pangea

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 05:08:04 PM »
I was a regular in MW too but stopped going in there primarily due to low numbers.  In the last week or so I've made it a point to at least stop into MW regardless of the numbers and see if I could find a fight, or start one.  If there's some action somewhere I'll join in on the side with lowest numbers....have always played that way.  MW numbers have improved enough lately that I've been able to find fights and have some fun in there.  It could always be better, but its been okay.  Theres still some obnoxious people and lame gameplay in there, but also some solid players and old hands who just like to fight without all the BS.

Look, there are always going to be people that play the game or fly in ways that you don't like or don't agree with.  Doesn't matter what arena your talking about.  You will never change this regardless of how many changes you make to try to manage peoples behavior.  I suggest that you either ignore it or just laugh it off.  So they roll some bases, win a map or farm for perks....who cares its a game?  I mean seriously.  If someone or something still manages to get under your skin for whatever reason then log off or switch to another arena for awhile.  The game will still be there when you come back to it....that's the beauty of it.

That being said, as a dedicated side switcher I support reducing the time limit and I agree that 30 minutes is a good starting point.