Author Topic: How Does Htc Work out how to choose  (Read 1928 times)

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
Re: How Does Htc Work out how to choose
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 09:35:17 AM »

...and that's how a Bill becomes a Law.

funny.... I seem to remember it a little differently from when I saw it on School House Rock.       :rock
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 09:39:32 AM »
First, it has to be posted to the Wish List.  Then it has to be vetted by the wise Council of Flamers whom shall dismiss your post based on a typographical or punctuation error, then repost your same topic a week later after it's off the active topics board.  This thread will then be hijacked and turned into a discussion on whether anyone actually died from Allied Chocolate drops during the war or why a crap Fiat should be added before an awesome PBY.  Invariably this will circle back around to why U-Boats will never be added into the game, someone posts a screenshot of sheep doing silly things, and Skuzzy locks the posts due to excessive rule violations.

...and that's how a Bill becomes a Law.

I hate to say this, but this actually sums up the wishlist forum  :old:
JG 52

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 09:43:18 AM »
david... do you even *play* the game, i.e., pay for a subscription?  if so, how long now?  (if you haven't - then stop reading this (and posting on the boards) and either pony up or hush up.)

As you can see, some people have been here for *years* - if you're this new, it'd be a good idea to basically just learn more about this game and it's dunamics and techinical aspects before spamming the boards in hopes of something sticking.

The more you do what you're currently doing, the less people are going to give you even less consideration beyond what you're already seeing.

Enthusiasm is okay as long as it's not accompanied by ignorance. Enthusiasm + ignorance = annoyance, which you are rapidly becoming.  Just sayin'

David has an active account hes been playing this game for awhile
his puter giving him troubles thats why hes on the forums now.

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 09:46:21 AM »
thats very funny i never post anything about allied personal being poisoned by choclate drops , and i never put pics of sheep doing funny things , my posts are relevent to the war effort and i do pay , my posts are fairly good , apart from the flying wing which i regret , due to not having all the information available , now i think its the worst post ive put on bb  :salute

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 11:03:20 AM »
Spamming wishlists or data copied from Wikipedia does nothing to get something added.  HTC is well aware of the aircraft in service at that time.  They have extensive and detailed resources on such things.  What is most likely to get implemented, or at least considered, is a well thought out idea that is presented in a considered and mature manner.  Occasionally this can be about a unit, but most often it is about a gameplay function.

Most of what happens in the Wishlist forum is just shooting the breeze between hobbyists.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Peyton

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 11:34:14 AM »
Wow....that's 3 mins of being a jerk that Shane will never get back.  If he's new, he damn sure loves it now....worth every bit of 14.95 a month, lol?..just sayin

+1 Change Up
Shane, you might want to fix the spelling in your "Perfect" Quote.  You misspelled the word "people".

"Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are."

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 12:01:18 PM »
Wow....that's 3 mins of being a jerk that Shane will never get back.  If he's new, he damn sure loves it now....worth every bit of 14.95 a month, lol?..just sayin

i take it you haven't visited the wishlist forum lately?  he's been repeatedly told nicely how to go about things. <shrug>
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 12:02:19 PM »

We don't need more fish.

:bolt:

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 12:02:50 PM »

Shane, you might want to fix the spelling in your "Perfect" Quote.  You misspelled the word "people".

no I didn't.     :aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 12:08:20 PM »
they implement all the wishes in two weeks tops.  that has been pretty much the standard since i got here.  but you have to realize some wishes are pretty much just that wishes.  htc is not the fairy godmother that can grant everybody's wishes all the time  :salute

and you have to realize that just about everything that you can think of has already been wished several times before.   and it takes some time to add things like airplanes/gvs.  it's not just copy and paste from a Wikipedia picture.  the art and modeling has to be done and it takes a while for it to be created.  i have been wishing for the a26 for the past 5 years and many other airplanes have been added but I am still waiting for mine.

so basically if it is a good idea then it's two weeks.  for a not so good idea perhaps 3 or 4 weeks.

semp

haha +1
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 01:23:49 PM »
David,

If what Matt says is true about your computer giving you problems, there are many folks that might be able to help you sort it out, unless something is broken.  PM me if you like and I would be glad to see if we can get you headed back to the virtual skies.

As far as your requests go, Skuzzy is king here.  Notice he has stickied a list of forum rules for us all to read.  Although, we have these rules, it doesn't mean that we shouldn't try and exhibit some sort of self control in our posts.  For me this means that I try and think it through, especially before creating a new thread. 

However, your title, How does HTC work ....... hit close to a post of mine, asking if it would help to ease the number of repeat wishes for new models if they had an up and coming list with no release date just a probable "yes it is in the works" list (sticky would be most effective). 

Then, if a member of the forum continued to spam they would be subject to more harsh warnings and actions by the moderators.  As it is, pretty much as stated before here, posts will be subject to ridicule, thread hijacked, some humorous and not so humorous analogies and eventually Skuzzy brings his lock and looses another precious chunk of his life because the lot of us are not able to exercise enough restraint.

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 02:28:51 PM »
thats very funny i never post anything about allied personal being poisoned by choclate drops , and i never put pics of sheep doing funny things , my posts are relevent to the war effort and i do pay , my posts are fairly good , apart from the flying wing which i regret , due to not having all the information available , now i think its the worst post ive put on bb  :salute

Beyond the run-ons and dishonoring of the comma it doesn't get much better actually.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 03:01:34 PM »

he's not a new guy.  he's been around for a while.  he mentioned it in another of his posts.  he's a subscriber but not playing right now due to puter problems.  he also mentioned it in another thread.  and he already understands the difference between helping the game get better and being a pest as he also indicated that in another message.

so shane is right on the money with advise.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 03:41:34 PM »
he's not a new guy.  he's been around for a while.  he mentioned it in another of his posts.  he's a subscriber but not playing right now due to puter problems.  he also mentioned it in another thread.  and he already understands the difference between helping the game get better and being a pest as he also indicated that in another message.

so shane is right on the money with advise.

semp

cc...then consider it a beratement for a future abuse of a noob or his gross-overuse of the word weak-sauce on 200 which is beyond overused...
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 03:49:13 PM »
shane still plays the game?