Author Topic: Title Picture  (Read 2479 times)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Re: Title Picture
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2012, 05:30:57 PM »

:salute :salute :salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline MuffinMan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2012, 05:34:16 PM »
Are you talking about the P39s?  Thats a cactus screenshot.  He's got a much better machine then mine and has the graphics up high.  Mine aren't and this is from the same fights.  I'm in the 39 with K on the nose in the foreground of the opening screen.  Soulyss is in front of me and cactus is the Cobra behind the flaming Zeke.

This is from my film with lower graphic settings.  Not sure what your issue is with his image.  Wish my computer was a newer one and handled the graphics better, but I don't think mine looks bad either.

(Image removed from quote.)

Hows it feel to know that everyone that opens up the game gets to see you and your squadron ganging a zeke?

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2012, 05:39:00 PM »
Better question when do we get a new splash screen? Those 3 p39s ganging the 1 flamer pfft. The B25 with the carrier in the background was much nicer imo. ;)
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2012, 06:01:18 PM »
That B-25 picture was very cool and up for only a fraction of the time of the current pic.  And anyone saying the current one (while very nice) is not enhanced needs to visit an optometrist.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2012, 06:06:15 PM »
LOL what vapor trails?  Two of the 39s are leaking.  That mine isn't is the only thing wrong with the picture.  I take it you've never run into any 80th Headhunters in the arenas?  If our planes aren't leaking something, it just means we haven't made it to the fight yet.  Other then they it's either black or white smoke or vapor trailing behind us.

Guppy if you look really close there are vapor trails from the wingtips. I don't believe I have ever seen fuel leaking from the wingtips before.

Either way I think submitting edited shots is allowed and I personally don't see a problem with it.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2012, 06:32:41 PM »
It seems like false advertising to me. Imagine a first timer logging and seeing that picture and thinking "WOW! This game looks great!" and then getting into the arena and seeing the low quality clouds and lack of vapor trails. I, personally, would be pretty disappointed.

Yeah, you'd be disppointed perhaps, but you wouldn't be out 50 bucks. The game's free for a two week
period, that's all the time in the world to see what you want to see.
  Any other game, you spend the 50 bucks up front and if you discover it's not what you
thought it to be, well, you're out the 50 bucks.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2012, 08:39:40 PM »
Hows it feel to know that everyone that opens up the game gets to see you and your squadron ganging a zeke?

LOL if you've ever flown a 39D, the idea of ganging anything from below them is about impossible :)

For what it's worth, since this is such a controversy, I found the film I have of that night.  It was in the AvA and it was 4 guys in 39s fighting 4 guys in Zekes for giggles.  I still can't quite see what the problem is as lots of things were streaming  :aok

I've got the original screenshot somewhere as cactus showed us in the squad forum and we suggested he submit it.  I'll try and find it.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2012, 09:13:55 PM »
      Personally I think Cactus's screenshots are great, very dramatic.  I think that Cactus adds alot to the game experience and
I'm much happier seeing his stuff than the trash I've seen posted here.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2012, 09:53:57 PM »
I think you have the pictures confused... this is the picture I'm talking about.

Notice the vapor trails on the wingtips of the plane just under the HTC logo in the top left. Also the big puffy clouds in the sky. This is the stuff I'm talking about.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2012, 11:16:01 PM »
Clearly a crisis in the making.  I would probably quit the game in protest.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2012, 11:22:36 PM »
Clearly a crisis in the making.  I would probably quit the game in protest.
10 minutes ahead of you. Who's laughing now?!?  Saps.

SAPPs?

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2012, 11:23:47 PM »
I believe you'll find one of the criteria for submitting is "non-enhanced" photos.
Go in game and screen shot the clouds that we have and see if they compare...I'm pretty sure the clouds in AH aren't that realistic heh.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2012, 11:46:56 PM »
It's very easy to change your splash screen.  Open your AH folder.  Inside there is a .jpeg named AHLOGO.  Rename it AHLOGO1 or something for safe keeping, then place any 1024x1024 .jpeg you want to use in your AH folder, making sure it's named AHLOGO.  All done.  I change mine every couple of weeks. :salute
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2012, 01:00:35 AM »
I think you have the pictures confused... this is the picture I'm talking about.

(Image removed from quote.)

Notice the vapor trails on the wingtips of the plane just under the HTC logo in the top left. Also the big puffy clouds in the sky. This is the stuff I'm talking about.

No confusion.  I was showing you what I saw on my lower settings comp from the same flights.

Here is the screenshot cactus first showed us way back when after that night.   In the end it doesn't matter.  I'm just trying to show you what I saw and the story behind the screenshot.  As I said, if it's that big of a deal, find something else to do.  I think the game looks pretty good, and I thought the clouds looked good that night on my lousy comp too.  As one who flew a green screen flight sim, amazed that I could get the chance way back when, I have no complaints how this game looks.  You should have been there back in Airwarrior I or before.  Didn't bother me then cause my imagination did wonders along with the fact I was getting to fly with and against real people in cartoon airplanes. :aok

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2012, 06:42:22 AM »
You complain about this games title screen?

Go look at the most recent Battlefields trailer...I get a laugh when I see them say the graphics look real then show a regular guy shooting blanks out of an M249 SAW.....

complains about a title screen....people these days :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"