Author Topic: AHII won't recognize scroll wheel on X52  (Read 723 times)

Offline Swoops

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
AHII won't recognize scroll wheel on X52
« on: February 09, 2012, 10:25:24 PM »
Thinking about coming back to game, dug my x52 out of storage, and I remember that I used to have the zoom toggle and zoom in/out functions mapped to the little scroll wheel on the throttle quadrant.  I have re-installed the latest drivers for my operating system from saitek.com.  I do not use their profile editor I just prefer installing the drivers.  I noticed that I have to disable "clutch mode" on the mfd page to use the button with the "i" on it (I use that for my WEP).  But I have tried both "Clutch" and not "Clutch" modes and I am still having no success with AHII recognizing the scroll wheel on the throttle quadrant.  Any hints, tips, tactics, or tricks for making that scroll wheel usable again?  It is located just to the left of the 8 position POV hat on the throttle.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: AHII won't recognize scroll wheel on X52
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 03:27:47 AM »
I have never been able to make it work.  same for the button on the right side with the "i" on it.  it doesnt work.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 06:03:29 AM »
There are inputs on the stick, which are not passed directly through DirectX, unless you map them using the Saitek software.

The game diligently shows all inputs the stick will give us.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 06:08:32 AM »
Thinking about coming back to game, dug my x52 out of storage, and I remember that I used to have the zoom toggle and zoom in/out functions mapped to the little scroll wheel on the throttle quadrant.  I have re-installed the latest drivers for my operating system from saitek.com.  I do not use their profile editor I just prefer installing the drivers.  I noticed that I have to disable "clutch mode" on the mfd page to use the button with the "i" on it (I use that for my WEP).  But I have tried both "Clutch" and not "Clutch" modes and I am still having no success with AHII recognizing the scroll wheel on the throttle quadrant.  Any hints, tips, tactics, or tricks for making that scroll wheel usable again?  It is located just to the left of the 8 position POV hat on the throttle.

I programmed this one through the Saitek software. You can assign each "click" as a key press. I actually use this for flaps.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 09:14:13 AM »
The only way I could get it to work was mapping through the profile software too.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 11:50:32 AM »
Try leaving the page open (the one where you can see when you press a button, move the throttle etc) and map it then.

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 04:13:19 PM »
On my X52 I had it programmed for zoom in/out.  I also had it shifted for map zoom in/out.  It worked rather well but yes I had to use the SST software to do it.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 12:33:04 AM »
There are inputs on the stick, which are not passed directly through DirectX, unless you map them using the Saitek software.

The game diligently shows all inputs the stick will give us.

stupid question boss.  how do we know which buttons are "passed on" by dx?  the reason I ask is because the one button on my stick used to work in ah but now it doest work.  it works in windows and if I map it thru trakir  but not in ah

semp

edit: wow did you guys see that big flash coming from california?  that was me.  gonna map that button that works in trakir but not in ah to trakir and that frees up one of the buttons from trak so i can use it in ah.  boy I gotta get me some more of those smart pills the doctor gave me.

another edit;  i found out if i open the x52 properties in windows then the button is available in ah.  not sure why but I do remember this happening before.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 12:42:37 AM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 06:08:43 AM »
Look folks, we pass everything the stick will give us.  The game supports 255 buttons, 8 wheels, and 8 sliders per stick.

Ask Saitek why they do not pass everything right on through, like most every other stick on the planet does.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 10:37:51 AM »
I had the same problem buttons number 29 and 30 would not work in windows seven.  I went to my control panel, devices, game controller, ex 52 properties while aces high was minimized and stick controller was in modified mode.  Once I operated the stick in properties mode I went back to the game and it would work I then closed out the X52s game controller properties and it was good!  My system is window seven 64 bit.
AkCaine

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 10:54:09 AM »
 :bhead The only way I can keep buttons  29 and 30 working is to leave x52 flight controller properties open while I play the game.  If I OK Properties and close I lose the setting in the game, any suggestions?
AkCaine

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 03:48:01 PM »
:bhead The only way I can keep buttons  29 and 30 working is to leave x52 flight controller properties open while I play the game.  If I OK Properties and close I lose the setting in the game, any suggestions?

It's a known bug on saitek's side of things.  Leaving the properties box open is the only work around that I know of.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 03:55:07 PM by Tigger29 »

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 03:49:21 PM »
Try checking this out:

http://www.saitekforum.com
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 03:54:51 PM by Tigger29 »

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 04:56:00 PM »
Here is how to deal with this issue:

1. Make a shortcut on your desktop for the X-52

2. Right click the icon and then left click Game Controller Settings.

3. Left click on Properties.

4. Leave this thingy open and then log on to AH.  All of your buttons will now work in game.  :aok
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 01:46:03 AM »
Try leaving the page open

This works ... no need to run the saitek configuration program, just click on the task bar icon, hit the control panel button, and LEAVE THE CONTROL PANEL RUNNING (on screen) on the desktop when you load AH ... You can then program the button and scroll wheel using the AH mapper menu. You have to leave the control panel ON everytime you start AH if you want to use those buttons.
:salute
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.