Author Topic: Unable to zoom  (Read 804 times)

Offline SWbighrn

• Zinc Member
Unable to zoom
« on: February 25, 2012, 11:45:36 PM »
So its been quite some time since I have logged on and played, so tonight I thought I might pile in. While attacking my first con, I hit my customary  "toggle zoom" key and nothing. Tried the default "Z" and still nothing. Checked my key bind, and its correct, even changed the key and still nothing. Tried toggling the bracket keys for zoom in and out and still nothing. Key and Control binders are correct, I am at a loss. Even tried shutting down and restarting the game. Did I miss something?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Unable to zoom
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 06:50:52 AM »
There are three commands involved with zoom.

Zoom Enable/Disable:  The default is the "Z" key.  It does not zoom at all.  It just turns zoom on and off.

Zoom In and Zoom Out defualt to the "[" and "]" keys.  These are the keys that actually do the work once zoom is enabled.

Once you map any key command to a joystick then the keyboard command no longer works.

Souonds to me like you have something messed up a bit in the joystick mapping.  That is just a guess.  To test the theory, rename the "*.jsm" files in the games "settings" folder.  This will remove all josytick mapping.

Now test the keyboard commands.  They should work (do it in the tower) now.

The problem I see most are people using the numbers on the joystick buttons, thninking those correspond to the game list in the "Map Controllers" panel.  They will not match.  The easiest way to program a joystick button is to open the "Map Controllers" panel, select the stick, then press the button on the stick.  The game will automatically jump to the button pressed.

Also note, the zoom function works differently in each vehicle.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline SWbighrn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 12:03:29 AM »
Skuzzy... New install and still have the same problem. key bindings are in default and nothing. zoom will not work in either the JS or the keyboard. and I know about the whole bracket thing...

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 02:28:28 AM »
Were you driving a tank  or flying?
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 09:57:31 AM »
 :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 10:57:07 AM »
SWBighrn,

Try unplugging your joystick after the game starts up and then plugging it back in. Also while it's unplugged, launch a sortie in the hanger and see if your keyboard zoom key still works.

You might, for some reason,be toggling the zoom and its panned all the way out so it doesn't appear to be doing anything, try the bracket [ ] keys and see if they respond.

If you updated your joystick drivers recently that might be a possible issue

One other thought, make sure you do not have the radio consul up, I've noticed that this can sometimes keep your keyboard commands from working, but not sure why this would effect the joystick input
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 02:36:53 PM »
Were you driving a tank  or flying?

This is what I was think also Soul,there have been changes to the tank controls and the zoom function works differently with them now.

Try spawning a plane and see if the zoom function works.

:salute