Author Topic: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 vs Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca  (Read 2801 times)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Re: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 vs Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2012, 09:02:51 PM »
mine aren't from anything fun. i get these once in awhile still. i used to get them every week, and then every night. it was due to tension at work. i actually quit a job because of them. everyone told my i was nuts, and wrong. yet when i quit, almost instantly, the headaches stopped.
 this one was caused because i had a pretty tense week......been stressing because it's slow, and been stressing over dropping one bit of advertising, and signing up on a different type...which came highly recommended by another shop.

top that off with the fact that although it's slow, i just signed the papers to purchase $10k worth of alignment equipment. now i know that may not seem like much to you guys.....but to me still being somewhat new, that is a LOT.
 so a lot of stress this week, equals massive headache today.

No reason to get stressed over a discussion   ;).  It all comes to brand favoritism.  I for one am glad Mustang went back on the streets retro.
I'd never have my R/T which I thought I would never have, and the new Camaro would be an afterthought.  I've spent over 5K on various parts
and dress-up on my Challenger.  When the warranty is through the supercharger goes on.  Still.....I won't drive it crazy.  get on it once in awhile
just to stretch its' legs.  And win a few more trophies at cruises and shows.  :P
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2012, 09:13:34 PM »
gonna ask a stupid question. who is dave hill?

Chief Engineer for C5 and C6's.    He retired in 06...   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2012, 09:15:58 PM »
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1104_2011_chevrolet_corvette_2011_ford_shelby_gt500_2012_nissan_gtr_comparison/viewall.html

Z06 vs GT-R vs GT-500.....

If the Shelby had bigger brakes and bigger rubber, it may have pushed the Z06... That and weighing over 500 lb more than the Corvette doesn't help. In another test, the 2006 Ford GT shows better performance than the 2011 Z06. Not bad for a car not designed to be the fastest, just the best looking.... ;)

My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2012, 10:26:25 PM »
Chief Engineer for C5 and C6's.    He retired in 06...   

aahh........is he as honest as al openheimer?  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2012, 10:27:48 PM »
No reason to get stressed over a discussion   ;).  It all comes to brand favoritism.  I for one am glad Mustang went back on the streets retro.
I'd never have my R/T which I thought I would never have, and the new Camaro would be an afterthought.  I've spent over 5K on various parts
and dress-up on my Challenger.  When the warranty is through the supercharger goes on.  Still.....I won't drive it crazy.  get on it once in awhile
just to stretch its' legs.  And win a few more trophies at cruises and shows.  :P
nonononono...i wasn't stressing ue to this thread...i don't allow anything i see on the puter to do that to me. i was explaining to reaper why i had todays headache. it was basically caused from stress at the shop last week.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2012, 11:52:37 PM »
Cap all the "Track Key" does is give the PCM a little bit of an aggressive tune[450HP] and adjustable Launch Control,  adjustable Pit Lane Speed Control Lopey idle that's it, the program for the key only became available in early august thanks to C.A.R.B lot's of PO'ed boss owners out there before that. A base GT stang have been dyno'ed at close to 600 hp and up.

As for putting and end to the warranty when you do bolt on stuff if you use Motorsport or Roush and it is dealer installed the warentee stays pretty much intact, it drops your powertrain from 5-50 to 1-12 depending on the MOD's that are done.

AS a note to any BOSS owners out there DO NOT do any mods not even a K&N filter, there is a message from FORD that if it has a mod you are SOL, so if you add a MOD put it back to stock if you blow it up before you take it back to the dealer for repairs, they will send an FSE out to check the car before it can be repaired. The days of supping up your Pony and keeping the warranty in Ford's eye's has gone the way of the dinosaur. 

Sorry to the OP for sort of jacking his thread

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2012, 12:02:08 AM »
So how come you haven't a clue of pricing?   Because even the cheapest Shelby Mustang, is superior to the GT Premium with every option.   

"My apologies Reaper".    :cheers:

I have a clue, no need to get all worked up since is did not even bring up the Shelby. You are correct the Shelby kicks butt and with a supercharger upgrade and some gears you are in for one hell of a ride.

I was just offering my opinion that you would get more bang for your buck up grading a base Mustang GT and having more fun with it over the cash some people pay for a BOSS.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2012, 07:07:54 AM »
Right now one who wants to enter the muscle/sports/cruise market can purchase Corvettes at a very reasonable price.

70s',80s' and 90 Corvettes are in SOME cases very very reasonable. (cheap)

I do have favorites in the corvette line, the split window Coupe, 67, 69 and believe it or not 53 and 56 Vettes.

Harley Earl was truly one of americas best car designers,  (53 Buick Skylark Convertible, and 53 Eldorado).
- The Flying Circus -

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2012, 07:54:17 AM »
Cap all the "Track Key" does is give the PCM a little bit of an aggressive tune[450HP] and adjustable Launch Control,  adjustable Pit Lane Speed Control Lopey idle that's it, the program for the key only became available in early august thanks to C.A.R.B lot's of PO'ed boss owners out there before that. A base GT stang have been dyno'ed at close to 600 hp and up.

As for putting and end to the warranty when you do bolt on stuff if you use Motorsport or Roush and it is dealer installed the warentee stays pretty much intact, it drops your powertrain from 5-50 to 1-12 depending on the MOD's that are done.

AS a note to any BOSS owners out there DO NOT do any mods not even a K&N filter, there is a message from FORD that if it has a mod you are SOL, so if you add a MOD put it back to stock if you blow it up before you take it back to the dealer for repairs, they will send an FSE out to check the car before it can be repaired. The days of supping up your Pony and keeping the warranty in Ford's eye's has gone the way of the dinosaur. 

Sorry to the OP for sort of jacking his thread

cool....i appreciate that info.

the track key is the perfect solution. i know....as i'm sure everyone in this thread does......that a decent bit of tuning in the ecu can net at least 50 usable hp. the track key makes it the perfect way to do this. i'd friggin LOVE to have a launch control in my gt, and even fire her up once in awhile, and hear that lope that i used to get in my 89 with the "X" cam.

yea.....CARB needs to go away.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2012, 07:55:31 AM »

I have a clue, no need to get all worked up since is did not even bring up the Shelby. You are correct the Shelby kicks butt and with a supercharger upgrade and some gears you are in for one hell of a ride.

I was just offering my opinion that you would get more bang for your buck up grading a base Mustang GT and having more fun with it over the cash some people pay for a BOSS.

if you take a base gt, and upgrade it to the equilivent of a gt500, you will have spent much more money, and time.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2012, 08:42:29 AM »
Most reputable builders have their own warrantee.

Chevy says "your welcome ford for waking you up".
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2012, 09:07:20 AM »
Most reputable builders have their own warrantee.

Chevy says "your welcome ford for waking you up".

it should actually be the other way 'round, seeing as ford never stopped building mustangs.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2012, 09:27:22 AM »
it should actually be the other way 'round, seeing as ford never stopped building mustangs.
They just puttered along with so so hp untill the V6 camaro came along putting out almost the same HP as the mustang GT.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2012, 09:59:31 AM »

They never stopped naming a car in their line-up "Mustang" but that 4-cylinder crap-box from the '70's never deserved to be called that.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2012, 10:08:59 AM »
stupid lag  :furious
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 10:20:51 AM by Reaper90 »
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey