Author Topic: Stop Joseph Kony- rescue thousands of children  (Read 5313 times)

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
Re: Stop Joseph Kony- rescue thousands of children
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2012, 01:37:34 PM »
wow, you're hilariously deluded  :lol

Iraq was bluffing that they had WMDs  :noid

or

the claim that Iraq definitely had WMDs was used as a justification for waging war and removing Saddam Hussein (not a bad thing), but WMDs were not actually found  :headscratch:

"Hussein regarded the Iranian threat as so serious that it was the major factor in his decision not to allow United Nations weapons inspectors to return, he said. Citing their shared border and his belief Iran would intend to annex southern Iraq, Hussein said he was more concerned about Iran discovering Iraq's weaknesses than repercussions from the United States and the international community. He believed that the inspectors would have directly identified to the Iranians where to inflict maximum damage to Iraq."

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-07-02/world/fbi.saddam.hussein.interview_1_fbi-interviews-saddam-hussein-united-nations-weapons-inspectors?_s=PM:WORLD

and Israel's, don't forget ;)

Don't stray off topic. This thread isn't about Israel. A country whose situation is a much grander scale than Uganda's, and is actually a valuable ally.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2012, 01:46:18 PM »
And the redditors of AH surface, everyone take notes.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2012, 01:46:39 PM »
Vice guide to Liberia

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2012, 03:39:34 PM »
It's obvious that the western world deems certain regions "unworthy" of their intervention, yet other regions are very "worthy" of their intervention (bombs).

Why is that?

Because some places make prettier craters than others obviously.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2012, 03:51:02 PM »
Don't stray off topic.

It's not really off topic when you think about it

Pointing out that you are a gullible idiot, in a thread started by a gullible idiot, about a video with millions of views and repostings by gullible idiots...it fits reasonably well with the topic at hand
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2012, 04:05:19 PM »
Ah, name-calling. No additional arguments, just stubbornly asserting that everyone else is stupid. This guy is obviously the smarter and better-informed person in this discussion. I bow down to your superior wisdom and intellect.  :pray

You win.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 04:08:06 PM by GNucks »

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2012, 04:05:58 PM »
Kony drives a taxi in NYC  :banana:

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2012, 04:28:01 PM »
Ah, name-calling. No additional arguments

I was never arguing in the first place, I'm fine with just laughing at posts like your original response to the thread. You're the one trying to justify yourself as if that's somehow going to change the facts :)
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2012, 05:38:44 PM »
Think of it this way- the "slacktivists" provide moral support.  Do anything long enough and you feel like no-one cares anymore.  It certainly helps the ones who want to get something done.  It's certainly better than nothing, though; though just watching it proves nothing, you don't know what the video is until you click on it.

-Penguin

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2012, 05:56:09 PM »
We have our own problems in this country. I could care less what they do over there in Africa. That's the United Nations job. I have my own kids to worry about. If ya got a urge to save the world how about starting your own country first.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 06:04:14 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2012, 06:39:20 PM »
They're just as much people as your neighbors.  It may be the UN's job to police, but at least give some words of encouragement. :)

-Penguin

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2012, 06:43:01 PM »
............... but at least give some words of encouragement. :)

-Penguin
Gitter Dunnnnnnnnnnn. How's that  :t

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 06:48:43 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2012, 06:46:47 PM »
Gitter Dunnnnnnnnnnn. How's that  :t

:aok

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2012, 06:53:47 PM »
Gitter Dunnnnnnnnnnn. How's that  :t

That's the spirit- we're all on this tiny blue sphere together!

-Penguin

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2012, 06:55:43 PM »
They're just as much people as your neighbors.  It may be the UN's job to police, but at least give some words of encouragement. :)

-Penguin
You want to save the world Penquin? How about you get off the computer and go downtown and just sit and talk with some wino for a few weeks and get to know them. Maybe take them to lunch. Buy them some cigarettes...become their friend. Ask them how they ended up the way they are. Ask them about their broken dreams and lost loves. Ask them if they care about what goes on in Africa.

I have and they don't. What they care about is somewhere warm to spend the night, what their kids look like now and if they think about them and say a prayer for them at bedtime. They wonder where they'll spend the day to get out of the heat on the streets and if they can scrap together enough change for some smokes and a bottle of MadDog so they can forgot about their lives for a few hours. They wonder if anyone will care who they were when some guy finds them dead in the gutter one cold morning.

You want to save the world...go for it. It's right in your backyard. But I doubt you have the balls. Much easier for your kind to just throw a few bucks overseas and brag about how you care soooo much about mankind. How about selling that robot geek toy you made and giving the cash to a homeless shelter. Better yet, go up to a homeless guy and put that fancy NorthFace jacket you love so much, on his back. You don't have to say a word...just walk away. That's how I roll. You just type about it, and share on your Facebook page.

The man I refer to in my little story was a Vietnam vet name James. People on the street called him "Colonel". Died in my arms while we were drinking behind a liquor store. aug of 91. Columbia Missouri. I can still see the half drank bottle of vodka laying in his lap that we were drinking that day. He was a corporal actually.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:45:21 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis