Author Topic: Stop Joseph Kony- rescue thousands of children  (Read 5466 times)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
Re: Stop Joseph Kony- rescue thousands of children
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 08:40:12 PM »
dang it krup you tempt me.

Why, because he's right and that video is to get folks who just go with the flow and can't think for themselves to give them money?
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 08:42:52 PM »
Ok, I see where this is going so we might as well clear the ice before it melts. I support stopping Joseph Kony, I do not support Uganda Government. For they are responsible for more deaths then Kony. Also that the invisible children inc isn't donating all the money to stop Kony less then 32% of it to direct supporters.

Seriously though do you support the cause to stop it or not. (lol who am I kidding)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:46:02 PM by stealth »
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 08:45:28 PM »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 08:47:10 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHH!!!!!

OOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! 

HEHEHEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! 

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 08:48:40 PM »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 08:58:57 PM »
I'm willing to bet that stealth can't find Uganda on a map.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 09:05:59 PM »
Stealth, Bono has been going on for a long, long time about international poverty, Haiti, etc, etc, etc.

When the dust clears a report is swept under the rug showing up to $1 billion of donated aid for the poor and needed was misappropriated. Had it taken place inside the US it would be Bernie Maddow type fraud, outside the US we can only weep and pretend it didn't happen.

By US Federal law a non-profit organization only need spend a fraction of donated funds on the actual charity. The balance can be used for salaries, travel, office space, conferences, TV commercials, marketing, etc. This is why when Katrina happened many people were pretty ticked off at the Red Cross. They ran TV adds promoting donations for Katrina victims, raised millions and millions with only fractions of the actual dollars going to New Orleans.

This does not mean this is a scam. This does mean do some serious due diligence on first the issue and second the conduit. Most of these....I would suggest first checking with the US State Dept. They track international charities and can provide much information.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 10:43:15 PM »
Just curious who actually cares about stopping Kony? Sounds kinda fun to me running around throwing paper cut material. I got a huge wall of posters to, how do you think a Hitler, Osama Bin Laden, Kony poster would look right next to Deep Blue Sea and the Fall of the Berlin wall poster.

I really do think though if someone who dedicated most of their life to help his friend and free their people, is well worth helping. Would make a good feature film don't you think?
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 11:09:04 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzNhaLUT520   :rock

By US Federal law a non-profit organization only need spend a fraction of donated funds on the actual charity. The balance can be used for salaries, travel, office space, conferences, TV commercials, marketing, etc. This is why when Katrina happened many people were pretty ticked off at the Red Cross. They ran TV adds promoting donations for Katrina victims, raised millions and millions with only fractions of the actual dollars going to New Orleans.

Can you give me some more info on this?  I want to know more!!
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 11:15:50 PM »
Bastard!  I'll one up you!

(Image removed from quote.)

This is the problem.

We will drop bombs all over North Africa in the name of "humanitarian crisis",
but we won't raise a finger to stop the genocide in sub-Saharan Africa.

That says a lot about prejudice and lack of oil.

I forgot to mention: They are murdering the last of the mountain gorillas, and the last of the African elephants.

White rhinos be damned.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 11:20:08 PM by Melvin »
See Rule #4

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2012, 11:29:24 PM »
If you think this is new, i suggest a bit of research on child soldiers.

My youngest is adopted from Liberia where my wife volunteered as a nurse.  What they did with the child soldiers there has been well documented and that war has been over for a while now.  And while spreading the word online is fine, getting involved for real is better.  I realize it's not always possible, but we, meaning the West, tend to get excited for a cause for a few minutes until the next one comes along so we can get excited about that one, and forget the previous.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2012, 11:32:23 PM »
If you think this is new, i suggest a bit of research on child soldiers.

My youngest is adopted from Liberia where my wife volunteered as a nurse.  What they did with the child soldiers there has been well documented and that war has been over for a while now.  And while spreading the word online is fine, getting involved for real is better.  I realize it's not always possible, but we, meaning the West, tend to get excited for a cause for a few minutes until the next one comes along so we can get excited about that one, and forget the previous.

Wow, that's almost exactly what I told my friend on Facebook.  She was making a big deal out of bringing "awareness."  I told her "awareness" only goes so far unless there is something actually done.  That's why I hate these types of videos.  People watch them, get emotional, spread the word because it's the right thing to do and because they are such a good person, and then do nothing else...click and forget. 
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2012, 11:38:17 PM »
It's obvious that the western world deems certain regions "unworthy" of their intervention, yet other regions are very "worthy" of their intervention (bombs).

Why is that?
See Rule #4