Author Topic: P-63 Performance  (Read 5021 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: P-63 Performance
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2012, 02:54:57 PM »

I'm curious to what you mean by this statement,AH doesn't dumb down anything,they strive to develope the most high fidelity FM in the gaming world. Now if you were refering to adding the P63,you cant difintively say it never saw combat,first you'd have to define what combat is.

There are reports of the P63 operating in the US and shooting doen a ballon bomb,also there is the incedent in Manchuria where a Russian P63 supposedly shot down a Japaneese A/C.

Undoubtedly the Russian operated them in the east and just because they didn't have much opposition doesn't mean it wasn't in combat or a combat zone.

Personally I'd like to see the P63 added at some point,however there are many other A/C I'd rather see first.  Ki 43 comes to mind as does the Pe2/Tu2.

YMMV.

:salute

It's a response to widewing's quip two posts above mine.    The quote function somehow did not take.

He said the sim was already dumbed down so why not add airplanes that never saw combat.

If it takes years of research to find a single reference that might confirm a plane saw combat (and is most likely wrong), then I don't think that is enough.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2012, 05:58:53 PM »

It's a response to widewing's quip two posts above mine.    The quote function somehow did not take.

He said the sim was already dumbed down so why not add airplanes that never saw combat.

If it takes years of research to find a single reference that might confirm a plane saw combat (and is most likely wrong), then I don't think that is enough.

Go back and read what I wrote again... The flight physics of Aces High is not dumbed down whatsoever. It's easily the best of the lot.

As to the use of the P-63 in Soviet service, it doesn't take much more that a few minutes to find information.

Try this.... http://www.j-aircraft.com/research/George_Mellinger/soviet_order_of_battle.htm
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2012, 07:59:51 PM »
Not sure how much use the Wellington, Beaufighter, He111, Ki-43 or Sea Hurricane would see.  Others would likely see decent usage.

Add to them:

Do217E
B7A2 Ryusei 'Grace'
Firefly Mk I
He177A-5
Il-10
J2M3 or J2M5 Raiden 'Jack'
Ki-44-II Shoki 'Tojo'
Ki-102 'Randy'
Meteor Mk III
P-61B Blackwidow
P.108
P1Y1 Ginga 'Frances'
Re2005
Tu-2
SB2C Helldiver
Yak-3

The A-26, He162, Meteor Mk III and P-61B would all be perk aircraft.  The A-26 and P-61B would need to be perked due to how capable they are in the air to mud aspect, though I doubt the perks would be much, 5-10 maybe.  The He162 and Meteor Mk III would see far higher perk prices for obvious reasons.

Pretty nice list, only aircraft I can think I want to add is the G.55 for Italy. The Re2005 is another aircraft i'm quite fond of, nothing special but it does the job for a fighter.
JG 52

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2012, 12:35:12 AM »
Pretty nice list, only aircraft I can think I want to add is the G.55 for Italy. The Re2005 is another aircraft i'm quite fond of, nothing special but it does the job for a fighter.
G.55 was on titanic3's list that I was adding to.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-