Author Topic: Opinions on 12 hour switch times  (Read 6883 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Opinions on 12 hour switch times
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 04:18:49 PM »
Can you explain why? Have we been badboys or anything?

you are a pervert and you want to know if you have been a bad boy :rofl :rofl :rofl.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 05:50:24 PM »
you are a pervert and you want to know if you have been a bad boy :rofl :rofl :rofl.

semp

Relax semp, have a drink mate lol.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 05:50:41 PM »
3: HTC was simply reverting to the old time because they forgot to do it when they got rid of the split arenas.

That said, I don't like it.  I'd much rather have it at one hour.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 07:36:58 PM »
Relax semp, have a drink mate lol.

it's a joke, i just thought your comment was funny   :salute.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 07:39:54 PM »
Put up a vote, shouldn't be that hard. Same way HTC managed the airplanes vote.

12 Hours
6 Hours
2 Hours
1 Hour

I'd go for 2 hours.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 01:01:53 PM »
The true answer as HT said.... "it was the way it was before the arena split".
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 01:06:44 PM »
The true answer as HT said.... "it was the way it was before the arena split".

This isn't really about what we know now, but what we thought at the time I know the offical answer is 3:btw

I think Hitech underestimates just how important being able to switch sides is for a lot of people and how it affects their enjoyment of the game. At the time it happened there was 2 schools of thought 1: and 2:, 3: was never even put forward until Hitech himself suggested it.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 01:11:53 PM »
This isn't really about what we know now, but what we thought at the time I know the offical answer is 3:btw

I think Hitech underestimates just how important being able to switch sides is for a lot of people and how it affects their enjoyment of the game. At the time it happened there was 2 schools of thought 1: and 2:, 3: was never even put forward until Hitech himself suggested it.

I went from playing everyday...to maybe getting a couple flights in a week sometimes not even that...the 12 hour rule is crap plain and simple....I don't give a damn about the war...earning perks or cv's....

this is the only thing HTC has done, since I have been here that bugs me to no end.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 01:15:28 PM »
Fact is for me as a player this is one of the reasons I feel I am being shoe horned into this giant hoarde vs hoarde mentality of fighting along with others.

• 12 hour switch limits my choices regards quickly finding some action
  • Having one single arena leads to uneven odds between countrys and giant hoarde fights
  • The demise of MW numbers
  • No real development or plans for WW1 and low numbers

I just don't find the 500+ MA as any sort of enjoyable challenge as a mainstay of my gameplay, but I feel I have to go there now or I will fly around empty arenas.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 01:19:01 PM »

I think a lot of people are overestimating the number of people who want to switch when their side is dull, and perhaps underestimating the impact shortening the time has on the 'Chesspiece 4 lyfe' players.  I think it's a pretty safe bet that chesspiece loyal players are the majority, based on what I've seen on the boards and in game.

It seems to me regardless of whether it's happening or not, shorter switch time means to some people that there's just GOTTA be more spying going on.  Every time the enemy is in the right place at the right time, it's gotta be spies.  They then carry on about it incessantly on channels, creating suspicion throughout the game.

The simple solution is to leave the switch time long, it greatly reduces the spying accusations.  It's a simple solution that is moderately annoying for a minority of players.  As usual, it sucks to be in the minority.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 01:40:22 PM »
I think a lot of people are overestimating the number of people who want to switch when their side is dull, and perhaps underestimating the impact
shortening the time has on the 'Chesspiece 4 lyfe' players.  I think it's a pretty safe bet that chesspiece loyal players are the majority, based on what I've seen on the boards and in game.

It seems to me regardless of whether it's happening or not, shorter switch time means to some people that there's just GOTTA be more spying going on.  Every time the enemy is in the right place at the right time, it's gotta be spies.  They then carry on about it incessantly on channels, creating suspicion throughout the game.

The simple solution is to leave the switch time long, it greatly reduces the spying accusations.  It's a simple solution that is moderately annoying for a minority of players.  As usual, it sucks to be in the minority.

Wiley.

You see the problem here is while we know that Hitech has told us what the real reason is, the paranoid MA sees the 12 hour switch as proof that there was widespread cheating by side switchers, and that the 12 hour switch time is proof that their tears have been answered.

In my opinion this only breeds less variety in the game and an attitude of simply winning rather than fighting well to win (decent gameplay) the problem being that most people see decent gameplay as when the odds are overwhelming in their favour to win, a lot will simply not risk the danger of an even engagement so you end up with with stupid numbers sneaking in to attack bases in missions or hoarding, or worse a stand off were people don't want to risk combat and no action.

Ultimately you need people who will switch to find a fight to produce variety in gameplay.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 01:47:35 PM »
You see the problem here is while we know that Hitech has told us what the real reason is, the paranoid MA sees the 12 hour switch as proof that there was widespread cheating by side switchers, and that the 12 hour switch time is proof that their tears have been answered.

In my opinion this only breeds less variety in the game and an attitude of simply winning rather than fighting well to win (decent gameplay) the problem being that most people see decent gameplay as when the odds are overwhelming in their favour to win, a lot will simply not risk the danger of an even engagement so you end up with with stupid numbers sneaking in to attack bases in missions or hoarding, or worse a stand off were people don't want to risk combat and no action.

Ultimately you need people who will switch to find a fight to produce variety in gameplay.

exactly......sad state the MA is in....actually flew the other day.......in the ol KI84...had a spit 16 dive to the deck when I tried to engage....whats even worse is when 2 or even 3 planes do that :rofl

but boy oh boy are they quick to engage when there is 5 or more of them.

said it before I will say it again...this is the best game there is...too bad 90% of the players are lame ducks that avoid a fight at all costs unless they have overwhelming odds....

ehh whatever I have been having fun using Blender and modeling for Skyrim :aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 01:53:03 PM »
There should be 4 sides: Spades, Hearts, Clubs, Diamonds.

Wait - wrong whine.  :D

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 01:59:27 PM »
exactly......sad state the MA is in....actually flew the other day.......in the ol KI84...had a spit 16 dive to the deck when I tried to engage....whats even worse is when 2 or even 3 planes do that :rofl

but boy oh boy are they quick to engage when there is 5 or more of them.

said it before I will say it again...this is the best game there is...too bad 90% of the players are lame ducks that avoid a fight at all costs unless they have overwhelming odds....

ehh whatever I have been having fun using Blender and modeling for Skyrim :aok

I actually was flying over TT with 80th the other night and switched to fly against them because it was far to easy stealing their kills  :D Had a great time and some great action, but that was literally for me the only real fun in the MA since before xmas, I took a half night off work so it was like 3 in the morning over here  :(

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2012, 02:04:52 PM »
I actually was flying over TT with 80th the other night and switched to fly against them because it was far to easy stealing their kills  :D Had a great time and some great action, but that was literally for me the only real fun in the MA since before xmas, I took a half night off work so it was like 3 in the morning over here  :(

:lol

I use to play easily until 3 in the morning....I just cant stand people who play a combat game...yet run from combat...sad to say the longer I am here the worse it is getting.

I know there are still good fights to be had occasionally...screw that I am here to fight....to kill or be killed....who friggen cares if my cartoon dies, these people play like real rounds are gonna come out of there monitor and blast blood all over there moms basement.