Author Topic: Opinions on 12 hour switch times  (Read 6861 times)

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
Re: Opinions on 12 hour switch times
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2012, 08:26:18 PM »
Are they ever going to kill the dead horse . I like to see what goes on in the office every day , lol .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline FiberOne

• Copper Member
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2012, 10:06:54 PM »
 :D Yo Vanna White, I wanna by a vowel. :D
C.O. "The Cereal Killers"
A.H.X.A.R.L. Season 26 Points Champion

Wak-A-Bunny - The Bunny Killer!

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2012, 10:59:48 PM »
Not really...he said the reason he brought the 12 hour rule back was because thats the way it used to be, on past form, why should he give any more thought to simply going back to the spilt arenas and the 1 hour rule.

I still have no idea what point you're trying to make here.  You went from suggesting that the 12 hour rule is meant to create the false impression that HTC cares about spying to now arguing that HTC needs to split the arena and go back to one hour side changes.  I think.

Offline KoW

• Zinc Member
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2012, 12:53:12 AM »
Hmm I can switch from red to blue on Xbox or ps3 all day long, counterstrike, team fortress bf2, bf3 to balance teams... Actually most have auto balance are we dumb or something? :bhead
Kommando Nowotny
Moooo!

Offline KoW

• Zinc Member
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2012, 01:04:13 AM »
Who plays for 12 hours anyways lol....Most people have a life....
Kommando Nowotny
Moooo!

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2012, 01:04:39 AM »
I still have no idea what point you're trying to make here.

I wanted to see what peoples opinions are regards this I have already mentioned this in this very thread, I have bolded the point of this thread in the quote below so there is no mistake. In a bigger sense I feel that variety in gameplay has lessened, the 12 hour switch being part of that.

This isn't really about what we know now, but what we thought at the time I know the offical answer is 3:btw

I think Hitech underestimates
just how important being able to switch sides is for a lot of people and how it affects their enjoyment of the game. At the time it happened there was 2 schools of thought 1: and 2:, 3: was never even put forward until Hitech himself suggested it.

You went from suggesting that the 12 hour rule is meant to create the false impression that HTC cares about spying

No I didn't, you just haven't read the entire post well enough. I got the answer from the horses mouth when it happened, but I can tell you that playing this game prior to the 12 hour rule being implemented that the fever pitch of paranoia was at its height about spying. No big surprise then that a lot of people at the time who had experience of receiving stupid pms every time they switched, and for myself personally I received a lot of attention all of a sudden for things I had been doing unnoticed for years without complaint, came to the conclusion that it was done to appease unfounded paranoia, that is before Hitech told what the real reason was.

Regardless the anger on the bbs that the new rule brought in should tell Hitech that there is an issue, and that he should have had a long hard look at rather than simply waving his magic wand because thats the way it used to be and he forgot. If the original reason he implementing it had resurfaced he should have explained that as well imo we got...

Late war country change time has been increased back to 12 hours.  That is how long you will have to wait after changing countries before you can change again.

to now arguing that HTC needs to split the arena and go back to one hour side changes.  I think.

I am for the 12 hours being done away with, personally I preferred the split arenas to how they are now as it offers me what I no longer have, variety, I have 4 chances to find action in 2 arenas. I would say however that I think I would be one of very few who would want the arenas split again. I believe that anything that offers more choice is good in game.

Offline TheAssi

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2012, 04:19:30 AM »
1 arena, no cap

The 12 hour rule is Freddie Mercury.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2012, 10:16:43 AM »
I wanted to see what peoples opinions are regards this I have already mentioned this in this very thread, I have bolded the point of this thread in the quote below so there is no mistake. In a bigger sense I feel that variety in gameplay has lessened, the 12 hour switch being part of that.

You do realize that most people log in one time, play for a little while, and then log off again.  The 12 hour limit doesn't affect the vast majority of the player base in any way, because they can still change sides one time per evening - just like they could do before the switch to 12 hours given how little they fly.  No doubt the change might impact your quality of life directly, but that doesn't mean it affects most others the same way.  Most players probably don't even about the longer time limit.

that is before Hitech told what the real reason was.

I think you're taking what he said far too literally.  There's a reason why HTC implemented the 12 hour rule on large single arenas - HiTech didn't just switch it back because it "used to be that way."  He switched it back because there's a good reason it used to be that way, and that reason is because it serves to dampen side imbalances.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2012, 10:20:17 AM »
You do realize that most people log in one time, play for a little while, and then log off again.  The 12 hour limit doesn't affect the vast majority of the player base in any way, because they can still change sides one time per evening - just like they could do before the switch to 12 hours given how little they fly.  No doubt the change might impact your quality of life directly, but that doesn't mean it affects most others the same way.  Most players probably don't even about the longer time limit.

I think you're taking what he said far too literally.  There's a reason why HTC implemented the 12 hour rule on large single arenas - HiTech didn't just switch it back because it "used to be that way."  He switched it back because there's a good reason it used to be that way, and that reason is because it serves to dampen side imbalances.

Wasting bandwidth on bandwidth wasters, Todd.  :D

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2012, 10:21:24 AM »
Who plays for 12 hours anyways lol....Most people have a life....

Midway...  nuff said

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2012, 10:25:28 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:31:54 AM by hitech »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2012, 10:30:42 AM »
For quote of rule #4.

HiTech
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:32:46 AM by hitech »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2012, 10:46:59 AM »
100-300 perk points to switch sides every 30-60 minutes aside from your 12 hour personal timer. 300 to the highest number side, 200 to the mid number side and 100 to the lowest number side. If all that is important, is getting to the best fights during a game session.

I bet the dedicated fight guys have thousands of points they never spend becasue they have invested so much time becoming dedicated fight guys. This might make earning those thousands of points worth some of the trouble. If you consider how many 262 or B29 boxes you see due to the high perk cost, 100-300 perks will be self regulating.

At the least once implemented the whine will change finaly. It's a sad day when the best in the game are whining here in the forum like all those they have whizzed on for whining in these forums over the years. But, by apperences, only anecdotally it does look like long and loud sustained whining in this forum gets things changed in the game....anecdotally.

lol I really have nothing to spend my fighter perks on.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2012, 12:03:14 PM »
No doubt the change might impact your quality of life directly, but that doesn't mean it affects most others the same way.  Most players probably don't even about the longer time limit.

After reading that, I don't think there is any point wasting my time trying to debate anything rationally with you anymore.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2012, 12:06:41 PM »
After reading that, I don't think there is any point wasting my time trying to debate anything rationally with you anymore.

Talking about the current game with people that don't play anymore always made me go  :headscratch: and is a waste of time in any case  ;)
now posting as SirNuke