Author Topic: Opinions on 12 hour switch times  (Read 6700 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Opinions on 12 hour switch times
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2012, 06:40:30 PM »
They are good and should probably be increased to 24 hours because of all the dog fighters switching sides to pad their scores and vulch and find easy fights.  Oh wait, I'm not guncrasher. 12 hr switch times suck.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2012, 06:45:30 PM »
They are good and should probably be increased to 24 hours because of all the dog fighters switching sides to pad their scores and vulch and find easy fights.  Oh wait, I'm not guncrasher. 12 hr switch times suck.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :cry :rofl :rofl

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2012, 07:49:51 PM »

And see a mission change sides and up a 262.Not very FPH like. :D

That guncrasher guy does like trying steal my kills though. :ahand
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 07:54:41 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2012, 08:57:13 PM »
Charging 100-300 perks to side hop near at will might give Hitech a kind of player tracking log if he cared to do it.

Akin to determining abused shade accounts. In this case if a player habitualy switches after seeing an NOE leave a feild and ups a convienient 262 to poach the raid along the way all month long. Then players whining in here might cause Hitech to take a look at that player's stats and side switching log to see if there is a pattern of abuse.

Now who might have gazillions of unused perks to waste on that kind of personal entertainment all month long.....would they even want to?

For the non-fight less honerable players. Think maybe a shorter side switching time might create a whole different form of mission busting abuse? Or style of base taking finessing? Or padding bombing scores by knowing where all the CV are or placing them there. Or rabbit hopping sides to take advantage of always being in the biggest safest picktarding hoard possible during prime time? I think there are more of them than those wanting shorter side switching times to get at good fights.

Yess it was probably a disgruntled Free Bird back during the split arena days PMing a freind all of the NOE Free Bird mission details. Almost every mission which forced them to advertise a mission then not launch from the feild advertised in the mission planner. I seem to remember players discussing some number of coincidental rabbit hoppers they were aware of while anecdotally wondering about connecting the dots......My own squad had similare discussions about what they were witnessing during prime time and late at night.

But, then who cares about the other 90% of the player base if your only interest is getting at the good fights? Right??

So You have zero interest in gaming the war or the war-Weenys interests. In that case you probably have more perks than god becasue of your AWSUME SKILLS or are goal driven enough by the nature of being a fight kinda guy to use perk farming as a two birds in the hand personal affirmation.

1.} Showing off those amasing skills.
2.} Keep your side switching bank full so you can chase the fights.

You chase the fights while the war-weenys are oblivious.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2012, 10:44:13 PM »
Christ Bustr your so embarrassing I actually physically cringed reading that, the spiez the spiez  :bhead :rolleyes:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2012, 10:46:50 PM »
A good example of the 12 hour limit hurting play, I was flying with a squadie and a couple of friends as Rook. Another friend logged on and was a knight, as is the rest of his squad. He only had time for a few flights. As there weren't any of his squad on at the time he "could" have switched to fly with us, as we could he switched to fly with him. The problem is later that night we all were looking forward to flying with squadmates. With the 12 hour rule none of us could switch. It's a rotten decision you have to make due to the rule.

I think if the rule was set to 3 hours it wouldn't make those decisions that hard any more, nor would the people switching add to "wild fluctuations" in the population per side.

well if your squad had coordinated correctly they would all be playing on the same team.  dont blame others because each one of you wants to go his/her own way.  if it was a 1 hour switch it would still be the same thing.  he/she cant join you, and dont give me that in 1 hour he cant join us here.  because if he/she did, then you guys would decide to go somewhere else if the battle changes and now that player is stuck in a different country again because he/she decided to join you but you switched again. then what?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2012, 02:42:54 AM »
Christ Bustr your so embarrassing I actually physically cringed reading that, the spiez the spiez  :bhead :rolleyes:

Hey thars 3 sides to a square dontcha know fella.

So I throw in a bunch of accepted knights urban legend and nicey nicy for the war weenys. The point is you dedicated fight types can earn 100-300 points easily by perk farming and keep chasin those perfict fights. The price is steep enough to eliminate greifers and Hitech can keep track of any real abuses of the process. You fight types are not known for trying to sway the direction of the war and the time spent in perk farmers each week will keep the weeny's crying down about uber sticks in aimbot afterburner Tie fighters.

And the accepted urban legends about Mr. Pervert place you up there with Elvis and walking on water in a Storch with a water pistola......You can't loose coming and going becasue of your own Urban Legends. Heck people believe Grizz has sharpi marks on his monitor that act like a MK108 AimBot.

So push for a perk system to allow country switching at very short time intervals at very high prices. The regular members of that club would be quite a bunch. Who knows, you might get more fights than you bargained for from people showing up to try and denigh you your perks. Hitech could put in another pilot stat just so players could track the high numbers country jumpers to go after you. I listen to guys on country channel alert each other to some palyer they belive is trying to produce the high score of the month and everybody starts looking for him to ruin his stats. Hey guys Pervert is Perk Farming, lets ruin his week..hehehehe.

If you are going to make this big of a stink about the time limit, come up with a creative solution that can benifit the whole player base. Not just yourself. Didn't Hitech say some years back something like he was more interested in requests that benifited the community rather than the individual requestor?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2012, 10:43:16 AM »
Why would I ruin a perfectly good lcd monitor with a sharpie pen?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2012, 12:59:50 PM »

Because you thought it was a dry eraser?

HiTech

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2012, 01:03:01 PM »

That's why I always drew the lines on my eyeballs instead.  Worked like a charm in AH, but it made everything else pretty difficult.

Totally worth it though.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2012, 05:32:43 PM »

The perks for switching thing I already suggested it a long time ago and so have others

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,130128.0.html 2004

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,317120.0.html last July

Its not that I don't think its a good or sensible idea bustr I do, its just the guy who runs the game has obviously read it to have replied in this thread and hasn't commented on it.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2012, 06:28:14 PM »
The perks for switching thing I already suggested it a long time ago and so have others

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,130128.0.html 2004

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,317120.0.html last July

Its not that I don't think its a good or sensible idea bustr I do, its just the guy who runs the game has obviously read it to have replied in this thread and hasn't commented on it.

You mean ... he obviously reads this ... over and over ... and posting it over and over doesn't accomplish anything .... so we post on the forum he hosts ... this ... over and over? Have I got that right?

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2012, 07:03:22 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:15:14 AM by hitech »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2012, 07:45:48 PM »
For quote of rule 4