Author Topic: Kills in Bomber Score  (Read 1511 times)

Offline WFord1

• Zinc Member
Kills in Bomber Score
« on: March 24, 2012, 11:55:12 PM »
Question - in my bomber score, where it talks about kills, is this only kills scored when a bomb hits someone on the ground, or are my aircraft kills also supposed to show?  I have many kills from my B-24s, but my kills in the bomber score shows zero - always has.  Anyone have thoughts?

-D1rtDart

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: Kills in Bomber Score
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 12:00:23 AM »
I believe it is only kills that you get with your bombs, but I am prepared to be wrong.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 12:21:14 AM »
I have many kills from my B-24s, but my kills in the bomber score shows zero - always has.  Anyone have thoughts?
-D1rtDart

Check the webpage scores.

There is an odd glitch: On your score card IN GAME, only kills of GV appear, on your score card ON THE WEB only air kills show up. But take note that none of them are actuall playing any role in the actual score (=rank).
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Glasher 1st

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 02:22:51 PM »
That is not a glitch. While all kills when flying your bomber, numbering 2 or more, will show in the text box as you will also receive the appropriate perk points for those kills, you will only get credit on your score for Vehicle kills. If you check your Pilot Score on the Home Page/Scores and Ranks you will find in the breakdown: Total Kills and Kills Towards Score.
A gun in the hands of a free man frightens and angers the Autocrat, not because he fears the power of the gun, but rather the spirit of the man who holds it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 03:45:32 PM »
That is not a glitch. While all kills when flying your bomber, numbering 2 or more, will show in the text box as you will also receive the appropriate perk points for those kills, you will only get credit on your score for Vehicle kills. If you check your Pilot Score on the Home Page/Scores and Ranks you will find in the breakdown: Total Kills and Kills Towards Score.

Note that bomber kills actually have any influence on your SCORE as there is no kill point category, nor is any other bombing score category being influenced by the kills you achive (no k/h for example). No amount of kills matters for your score and rank.
They are listed just as a statistical information. And in this regard, they are working just like I explained above: On the webpage score, only the kills of planes do show up, on the ingame score card only the kills of GV show up.

Actual example: My current bomber score. I have killed 4 planes, but no GV while flying bombers in the current tour.
My webpage score card:

My ingame score card:

This inconsistency can be quite confusing, but it is the way it is.

Offline Glasher 1st

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 06:22:01 PM »
I need to retry my reply because there was a problem wiith my dwnld. My apologies.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:25:35 PM by Glasher 1st »
A gun in the hands of a free man frightens and angers the Autocrat, not because he fears the power of the gun, but rather the spirit of the man who holds it.

Offline Glasher 1st

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 08:21:47 PM »

Note that bomber kills actually have any influence on your SCORE as there is no kill point category, nor is any other bombing score category being influenced by the kills you achive (no k/h for example). No amount of kills matters for your score and rank.
They are listed just as a statistical information. And in this regard, they are working just like I explained above: On the webpage score, only the kills of planes do show up, on the ingame score card only the kills of GV show up.

Actual example: My current bomber score. I have killed 4 planes, but no GV while flying bombers in the current tour.

This inconsistency can be quite confusing, but it is the way it is.

Lusche, It does truely look like a glitch, but a glitch that looks unique to your scores. As in one of my discussion with Roy, this very topic came up several years back. He explained that the scores on their site do in fact lag behind the scores in game.  Roy also explained the happenings of fighter kills while in bombers just as I explained above.

I too will show both my game score and my AH site score copied and pasted from this very date. While I cannot explain your reversed inconsistancy problem, Roy did in fact explain this expected inconsistancy shown in mine. My in-game examples have 14 ground vehicle kills with 8 assists. On the AH site, kills number only 9 while assists list but 6. The lag I was told to expected is quite evident.  

Now let's look deaper to show everyone that ground vehicles do in fact count towards our score while the aircraft kills (unfortunately) do not.
The oddity that pops up here to confuse things more; My AH site Statistics are up to speed with my listed score in-game. As you'll see, my 14 ground vehicle kills are shown, but also shown are my aircraft kills. These aircraft kills you'll see when added up do not .

More information, while time consuming and initially confusing, will clear things up for all once it  comes together for you. Lastly, what I either could not find, or just isn't available anymore due to repeatity, is a panel that shown the number of kills that counted towards a particular score and those which did not.

My current Bomber Score in-game:

The lagging AH site Bomber Score

AH site Stats that shows all my kills with a bombe: (Count the fighter kills and subtract from the total bomber kills as that will equal the in-game Bomber Score Kills.)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:26:13 PM by Glasher 1st »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 11:37:04 PM »
Lusche, It does truely look like a glitch, but a glitch that looks unique to your scores. As in one of my discussion with Roy, this very topic came up several years back. He explained that the scores on their site do in fact lag behind the scores in game. (...)

One could wonder why it's should be uniquely for me this way for 7 years, but it isn't. It's working for you exactly the same as for me.

I checked your stats: You have a total of 23 kills in bombers: 20 in the Ar 234 and 3 in the B-24. 9 of them are planes and 14 of them are GV.
And that's exactly what the score cards show: 9 (all planes) are displayed on the website, and 14 (all GV) in game. Just like expected.

Oh and you too were using the phrase "count toward score". They don't do at all. They are just displayed there as statistical information, but don't have any actual influence on the score/rank calculation in bomber mode.

And to clear up a bit for everybody else on the "lagging scores": The Stats (as seen on the dedicated stats page) are updated in real time, the scores (both web as well as in game) are updated immediately after a sortie has ended. The "lag" just that a sortie in progress is not displayed.
The rank is calculated once a day.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 12:21:39 AM by Lusche »

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 06:29:54 AM »
I don't recall a time when any kills in a bomber counted toward rank or score.

My image is that each of the five scoring categories (Fighter, Bomber, Attack, Vehicle / Boat, Field Gunner) has a mission purpose. The objective in Fighter mode is air-to-air kills, Attack mode is ground and air targets, etc. Bomber objective is to attain a high bombing percentage and high damage per sortie. Kills in bombers are only helping the bomber pilot complete his mission, not an objective of the mission.

That's my understanding of why ground or air kills don't affect rank or score. The kills are still applied as deaths to the person killed by a bomber gunner, so they have to be recorded in statistics.

Offline Glasher 1st

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 02:02:54 PM »
Lusche, well, from my perspective and possible missunderstanding, we may be saying pretty much be on the same page. Although I didn't intend it to sound snide nor sarcastic. My apologies if it sounded so.

As far as the Lag I referred to, the once a day you mentioned what I was also talking about. you were more specific.

In regards to kills, the following table I had earlier forgotten the path. I stated my opinion from that table that I haven't seen for quite a while.  
Aside from my gunnery kills (7), which reflect 0 to rank or score, I have 25 bomber category kills total inwhich 14 were aircraft kills having 0 effect on my rank. The remaining 11 do have a positive effect on my rank. Again, if we were pointing to the same ends, great. If not, I stand by this table (no pun intended). Let me know. <S>

p.s. For some reason I can't upload an image properly so the best I can do for now if offer the site address for the table I speak of. It will have to do for today (4-16-12) only I suppose, until I find a proper method for uploading permanent images.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/killstat.php?selectTour=LWTour147&player=Glasher&kt=11

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 03:36:14 PM by Glasher 1st »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 03:34:24 PM »

Aside from my gunnery kills (7), which reflect 0 to rank or score, I have 25 bomber category kills total inwhich 14 were aircraft kills having 0 effect on my rank. The remaining 11 do have a positive effect on my rank.

I can not help but state it that bluntly:

No kills in bomber mode have any effect whatsoever on your bomber rank.   :old:

Your whole bomber rank is calculated from 5 subcategories as shown below:

Unlike Fighter or attack mode, which have sub-categories like "kill points" or "Kills per sortie", kills in bomber mode do not factor into any of these categories. The only things are damage points (and those are vs obkects only!) and your own deaths. All sub-ranks are beign added and then compared to all other bomber pilots. That's all.

:airplane:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 03:47:34 PM by Lusche »

Offline Glasher 1st

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 04:00:27 PM »
Ufortunately I was unsuccessfully trying to upload the image of the table I was talking about. If this table is in fact errant, you need to convince AH to remove it. If and when it is indeed removed from the site, then and only then will I not say, "Bomber kills do Add to Bomber Your Rank.

Glasher Kill Stats for Late War Tour 147 [as of 4-16-12]
While piloting Days
1-7 Days  8-14 Days  15-21 Days  22-28 Days 28 and up Total Kills
Ar 234         4               16               0          0        0           20
B-24J          0                 1               2          0        0            3
C-47A         0                 0               2          0        0            2
Ship Gunner 6                 1               0          0        0            7
Total Kills                                                                         32
Total Kills towards Rank                                                      11
Total Kills not counted towards Rank                                     21

If you need to see the actual table, see:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/killstat.php?selectTour=LWTour147&player=Glasher&kt=11
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 04:05:40 PM by Glasher 1st »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 04:09:18 PM »
Ufortunately I was unsuccessfully trying to upload the image of the table I was talking about. If this table is in fact errant, you need to convince AH to remove it. If and when it is indeed removed from the site, then and only then will I not say, "Bomber kills do Add to Bomber Your Rank.

Then continue to say it, but it is still incorrect. I explained you en detail how bomber score is computed. You may even look up the AH help page and learn about it there. Maybe then you will see that this label you are citing is indeed misleading.

Or maybe you could explain to me in which way kills are figured into bomber rank exactly?  :devil

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 04:34:11 PM »
Oh and by the way... look at your table again: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/killstat.php?selectTour=LWTour147&player=Glasher&kt=0

Suddenly about none of your kills is counting for score anymore... crazy, isn't it?  :noid

Wait... now they all do! All 55 out of 32!  :t http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/killstat.php?selectTour=LWTour147&player=Glasher&kt=55

The point I'm trying to get across: The "kills counted towards score" on the table is just a number applied by the web page viewing system, it's not coming from the original score & rank database at all. And this misleading number in regards to bomber mode kills and "counting for score" is just a result of the same "display" respectively formatting glitch I'm talking about all the time.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 04:39:39 PM by Lusche »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 05:00:03 PM »

Glasher Kill Stats for Late War Tour 147 [as of 4-16-12]
While piloting Days
1-7 Days  8-14 Days  15-21 Days  22-28 Days 28 and up Total Kills
Ar 234         4               16               0          0        0           20
B-24J          0                 1               2          0        0            3
C-47A         0                 0               2          0        0            2
Ship Gunner 6                 1               0          0        0            7
Total Kills                                                                         32
Total Kills towards Rank                                                      11
Total Kills not counted towards Rank                                     21

If you need to see the actual table, see:

The problem you have is a wording problem.

The table you are looking at is a generic table used for ALL of the different heading ...fighter, attack and so on. It shows the kills you earned and those that you didn't. Earned kills are ones where you score hits, un earned one are proxies and field gun kills. Field gun kills are not counted as you can't be killed so you don't kill.... as far as score goes.

So as Lusche says, bomber kills DO NOT count toward rank, but all others do.  Ranking is a "comparision" setup. Your score as it compares with others. The best is first, the next is second strait on throught including EVERY player who logged time in the game. If you look at the score page there is no category for "kills" in a bomber.

So no category, so no comparison, so no ranking involving bomber kills.