Author Topic: Farewell and adieu  (Read 3690 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Farewell and adieu
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2012, 11:17:59 AM »
They don't turn for anything.

Most who fly them are not turning. They just come through and move away hastily.

I was a bit surprised anyone considered turning. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2012, 11:26:05 AM »
Most who fly them are not turning. They just come through and move away hastily.

You mean like when you flew against my 190d9? pulled some fancy movies until 3 specific 38s ripped me a new butt
JG 52

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2012, 11:57:27 AM »

:lol because the dang thing can't turn.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2012, 12:07:50 PM »
First off the correct number to convert pounds to kilos is 2.20462262185; anything rounded up or down and your completely screwing the poo-baas pooch.

Secondly cya...don't know who you were but don't be surprised by Gaijin or anyone else's antics when you get there either.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2012, 12:15:22 PM »
HTC can't please everyone, but they are not stupid. They know there is competition.

Who knows what these other games will bring to the table, but I still think HTC should create an interactive career mission based RPG/combat sim game ala Combat Tour, before someone else does.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2012, 12:21:10 PM »
*takes off white silk glove* *slaps bruv*

I think not good sir! 

:bolt:

good fights last night. Humbbling as always. Makes me want to quit.    :salute

But I won't  :D
Who is John Galt?

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2012, 12:51:20 PM »
I lost interest in AHs tanking game for the simple fact the 1 shot deaths didnt happen like they do in AH.

Really? I've had numerous discussions with tank drivers (past and present), gunners and a couple tank commanders (one of them served directly under Patton). They all disagree with you...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:55:11 PM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2012, 02:20:02 PM »
Its not what you want them to play but what they want to play.

Sorry if you misunderstood that.  :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline 4brkfast

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2012, 02:50:59 PM »
I appreciate the positive responses. And no Bruv, you can't have Tallboy(I seriously doubt he'd ever go to the Few, blame Yarbles, yourself, whoever you want - because he really is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and it's your loss. Maybe all that disrespect will come around again to bite you)

I was not expecting this kind of response, my leaving somehow prompted an old argument about the unhistorical flight models. Like it or not, I don't care if you believe me, go read the history books, look at the speed charts, the climb charts - do it yourself, don't take my word for it. The 190 is WRONG in Ah2. A 190>P47 everywhere but on the deck. Don't believe me? Do some research about what the P47 pilots said.

I'm not a 'luftwhiner', because I don't exclusively fly German planes, I never was and never have been. Nor do I exclusively fly any kind of airplane, I like them all, I've flown them all, just about - outside the really easy birds and the P38. Pervert, you're a nitwit for not looking into this, knowing that you're a 190D driver, wtf? That's all I've ever seen you fly and you have the nerve to call others 'luftwhiners'. Hahahaha.

To be honest though, I don't care about what the community thinks about this, it doesn't matter to me and hasn't for about a year. But don't get me wrong, I harbor no hard feelings toward any of you.

I think one day we will all see one another in the virtual skies again. Until then try to get along and take care.
"Nuts!" - General Anthony Clement McAuliffe's reply to German demands for surrender during the Battle of Bastogne.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2012, 02:54:13 PM »
A 190>P47 everywhere but on the deck.

The radial engined 190 was no where near the monster the P47 was at altitude.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2012, 03:01:00 PM »
The radial engined 190 was no where near the monster the P47 was at altitude.

Yep so says the history books and every book I ever read on the P47 and Fw190.

Interestingly enough - The most books I have on any aircraft or vehicle is the P-47, I have countless books in the range of 12-15 of tech manuals etc - I always wondered if the acceleration and climb rate was what it is in aces high and enough times it comes up.

Basically above 20k the P-47 was equal to a 190a5 and didn't fair well to a 109, above 25k things change to P47's favor, at 30k where most operated (56 FG) the 47 owned the skies.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 03:05:08 PM by Butcher »
JG 52

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2012, 03:04:59 PM »
I appreciate the positive responses. And no Bruv, you can't have Tallboy(I seriously doubt he'd ever go to the Few, blame Yarbles, yourself, whoever you want - because he really is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and it's your loss. Maybe all that disrespect will come around again to bite you)

I was not expecting this kind of response, my leaving somehow prompted an old argument about the unhistorical flight models. Like it or not, I don't care if you believe me, go read the history books, look at the speed charts, the climb charts - do it yourself, don't take my word for it. The 190 is WRONG in Ah2. A 190>P47 everywhere but on the deck. Don't believe me? Do some research about what the P47 pilots said.

I'm not a 'luftwhiner', because I don't exclusively fly German planes, I never was and never have been. Nor do I exclusively fly any kind of airplane, I like them all, I've flown them all, just about - outside the really easy birds and the P38. Pervert, you're a nitwit for not looking into this, knowing that you're a 190D driver, wtf? That's all I've ever seen you fly and you have the nerve to call others 'luftwhiners'. Hahahaha.

To be honest though, I don't care about what the community thinks about this, it doesn't matter to me and hasn't for about a year. But don't get me wrong, I harbor no hard feelings toward any of you.

I think one day we will all see one another in the virtual skies again. Until then try to get along and take care.

I'm sure the 190s are based on historic factors. Folks who think otherwise can gather information to back their arguement. The current information used for the 190 has information backing it. They did not just pull it out of their arse. :)

Awhile back the P-38G was considered a bit lite and information backing that surfaced from some of the community. HiTech made the changes based on new information. They will not just up and change because someone decided it doesn't fit as it is.

Since your already leaving.. I'll take a guess that your assuming the other game company will make the changes for you untill the fit is right. Wonder what the rest of the folks who fly that plane will want changed on it. Maybe they'll end up with some X-Wing or something.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2012, 03:06:02 PM »
I'm sure the 190s are based on historic factors. Folks who think otherwise can gather information to back their arguement. The current information used for the 190 has information backing it. They did not just pull it out of their arse. :)

Awhile back the P-38G was considered a bit lite and information backing that surfaced from some of the community. HiTech made the changes based on new information. They will not just up and change because someone decided it doesn't fit as it is.

Since your already leaving.. I'll take a guess that your assuming the other game company will make the changes for you untill the fit is right. Wonder what the rest of the folks who fly that plane will want changed on it. Maybe they'll end up with some X-Wing or something.

You sir are incorrect, I have the documents you are talking about and its a Tie Fighter.
JG 52

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2012, 03:21:12 PM »
You sir are incorrect, I have the documents you are talking about and its a Tie Fighter.

I stand corrected :neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Kazan_HB

• Skinner Team
  • Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2012, 03:23:04 PM »
I have deja vu  :uhoh :uhoh :uhoh :uhoh
 In 2007 many people left Warbirds. I changed the game for AH2.
 After a five years, I lost my fun here (yes I know again). I think the game needs major changes. more action for players who have a hour or two at a game during the day. Not everyone has as much time..

when I've seen. Old friends have left this game
 I am very sad  
 :salute
The Few
Since Tour 93