Author Topic: Farewell and adieu  (Read 3718 times)

Offline save

• Gold Member
Re: Farewell and adieu
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2012, 11:05:04 AM »
Problem is not within the 190D series , but primary the A-series , Baumer posted in this forum aircraft/vehicles about the A8 was more than 200 kg too heavy, and therefore can't do any 1vs1 worth mentioning for more than a short duration , also the 1.65ata that where standard after few months of A8 introduction, gives another bird below 6k feet.

:rofl :rolleyes:

And? the clue is in the name 'luft' 'whinner' You don't see me starting conspiracy threads about why the 190d should turn tighter, I do just fine with whats there against anybody in anything, don't turn this into an us vs them thing because I fly a 190 exclusively, that situation only exists in your melon. I like the flight modeling in general in Aces High.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:17:59 AM by save »
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2012, 11:08:37 AM »
I can honestly say dedicated A8 pilots are more than capable of handling themself in 1v1s if flown correctly.
Also depending on the skill level of said opponent.
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2012, 11:19:39 AM »
COUGH****  Rule#2.....

If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2012, 12:48:37 PM »
the community's job is to provide HTC with hard data,  guys like wmaker spring to mind.    They have and will change anything that is drastically wrong.   If they do not agree with said person then we should thank HT for standing his ground and not having a game akin to secret weapons of the Luftwaffe!  or at least agree to disagree without petty arguments.

Wasn't trying to bash HTC for the record
 :bolt:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2012, 12:55:37 PM »
Maybe 4brkfast should have taken a bit of your own advice about personal clubbing before he leapt off to another forum and posted his baseless accusations.

"The maker of the game doesn't seem to like the Axis planes, or is biased - has a grudge, thinks propaganda is fun - your guess is as good as mine"

By the looks of it 4brkfast also believes in reptilian people am I really supposed to take him seriously? Yes hes entitled to his own opinion just don't expect anyone with a rational thought in their head to swallow his tripe as well. Heres a quick preview...

"I've typed all this straight from my mind, I'm sure it's uneven and maybe difficult to read, but I suppose the whole point was to throw it out there and see if I'm the only one who had made a connection between some of these otherwise dissimilar topics. What does G.I. Joe, Conan the Barbarian and the Thundercats all have in common? All of their bad guys were reptilian snake people that could talk, stand upright and disguise themselves as human. All around the world cultures share similarities in myths, evil serpent beings and ancient visitors. Hell, you can find a TV show called Ancient Aliens that will tell you about most of what I'm talking about."

http://www.alienscientist.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-721.html?s=c02122149d726a25ddfd8681f253f250

bahahahahaha :D

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2012, 02:05:07 PM »
Maybe 4brkfast should have taken a bit of your own advice about personal clubbing before he leapt off to another forum and posted his baseless accusations.

"The maker of the game doesn't seem to like the Axis planes, or is biased - has a grudge, thinks propaganda is fun - your guess is as good as mine"

By the looks of it 4brkfast also believes in reptilian people am I really supposed to take him seriously? Yes hes entitled to his own opinion just don't expect anyone with a rational thought in their head to swallow his tripe as well. Heres a quick preview...

"I've typed all this straight from my mind, I'm sure it's uneven and maybe difficult to read, but I suppose the whole point was to throw it out there and see if I'm the only one who had made a connection between some of these otherwise dissimilar topics. What does G.I. Joe, Conan the Barbarian and the Thundercats all have in common? All of their bad guys were reptilian snake people that could talk, stand upright and disguise themselves as human. All around the world cultures share similarities in myths, evil serpent beings and ancient visitors. Hell, you can find a TV show called Ancient Aliens that will tell you about most of what I'm talking about."

http://www.alienscientist.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-721.html?s=c02122149d726a25ddfd8681f253f250

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2012, 02:16:07 PM »
Been good to know ya brkfast.   cya when you realize that, like the rest of us, you are doomed to be back one day...   

:cheers: and  :cheers: my friend
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2012, 03:35:27 PM »
Thanks you gents for you arrogance!

dhyran, you have been around long enough to know that the AH BBS is a digital 'thunderdome' generally void of substance. One shouldn't expect anything but arrogance & posturing. Think of it as foreplay for the MA.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 03:37:50 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2012, 03:51:25 PM »
generally void of substance

are you sure you're not confused and actually talking about dhyran's posts and links in this thread? :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 03:53:15 PM by coombz »

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2012, 03:53:18 PM »
are you sure you're not confused and actually talking about dhyran's posts in this thread? :)

Ardy has Irish DNA like me hes screwed anyway  :old:  :)

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2012, 04:16:28 PM »
dhyran, you have been around long enough to know that the AH BBS is a digital 'thunderdome' generally void of substance. One shouldn't expect anything but arrogance & posturing. Think of it as foreplay for the MA.

Yes, sadly you nailed it, guess i expect too much
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:49:52 PM by dhyran »

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2012, 04:53:19 PM »
Yes, sadly you nailed it, guess i expect too much, but it make people leave. maybe I leave too

so we won't be able to play the Loose Deuce drinking game anymore? :(

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2012, 07:27:42 PM »
The grass isn't always greener, although it may have better graphics. I'll stick to the place where I feel the FM is more accurate and the eye candy isn't the only draw. The smoothing code that HTC uses alone makes this game much better than other sims, where you 'fly on rails' to prevent strange flight patterns.

I just had an epiphany; Aces High is like marriage. Sure, other younger games may look a bit prettier, but they aren't stable either in modeling or in duration.

+1  :aok

Nutz
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2012, 07:37:01 PM »

"Farewell and adieu" 4Breakfast.  It was good flying with ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34v1hyfHXdQ

'Til we meet in the virtual skies again!

<S>
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2012, 12:19:18 AM »
I appreciate the positive responses. And no Bruv, you can't have Tallboy(I seriously doubt he'd ever go to the Few, blame Yarbles, yourself, whoever you want - because he really is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and it's your loss. Maybe all that disrespect will come around again to bite you)

I was not expecting this kind of response, my leaving somehow prompted an old argument about the unhistorical flight models. Like it or not, I don't care if you believe me, go read the history books, look at the speed charts, the climb charts - do it yourself, don't take my word for it. The 190 is WRONG in Ah2. A 190>P47 everywhere but on the deck. Don't believe me? Do some research about what the P47 pilots said.

I'm not a 'luftwhiner', because I don't exclusively fly German planes, I never was and never have been. Nor do I exclusively fly any kind of airplane, I like them all, I've flown them all, just about - outside the really easy birds and the P38. Pervert, you're a nitwit for not looking into this, knowing that you're a 190D driver, wtf? That's all I've ever seen you fly and you have the nerve to call others 'luftwhiners'. Hahahaha.

To be honest though, I don't care about what the community thinks about this, it doesn't matter to me and hasn't for about a year. But don't get me wrong, I harbor no hard feelings toward any of you.

I think one day we will all see one another in the virtual skies again. Until then try to get along and take care.

Heh .........you have forgoten, this is Hotel California my friend.

:salute 

HL
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!